COD Elite WILL be fixed by December 1st, says Activision

This is a discussion on COD Elite WILL be fixed by December 1st, says Activision within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 was released on the 8th November, it has been out for 11 days and ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

COD Elite WILL be fixed by December 1st, says Activision

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 was released on the 8th November, it has been out for 11 days and Elite has been unavailable for a large percentage of people. The people that it was available for had limited access, this is because, either the site went down (this happened frequently), or the confirmation email was never sent, therefore members could only access accounts 5 times before they closed.

Activision has announced that it is targeting December 1st to have Call of Duty: Elite "firing on all pistons".

Activision's Daniel Suarez, VP of production said:

They have also announced that Call of Duty Elite's premium 'Founder' subscribers will get an extra 30 days of membership free as Activision seeks to compensate for the service's failure to cope with the demand. They are hoping to get everything fixed by the 30 day mark of the game being out, if not, we are unsure what will happen, but we can only wait the 10 days that they say we have to wait.

Personal view
    It is a disappointing start to one of the most anticipated games of the year, but at least they have given us a date. If everything is not fully functional past the 30 day mark, Activision will have a lot of s*** on their hands and they will need to sort it out. The mobile app for elite has already been delayed, lets hope nothing else will be to.

source http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ys-activision/

Huge Gaming Backlog

I haven't used the Elite yet so it has not worried me. To be honest I don't even know what it is. I just received with the harderned edition and are yet to look it up.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This must be fairly disappointing to the people that paid for the service to have it barely operational/if at all. Personally the service hasn't interested me, in fact I only became a free member to claim the 2 x XP for two hours. Still, they should at least be looking for ways to compensate players that have paid for the service yet aren't receiving it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

they should have fixed fixed it by now i dont see how they are taking longer yet they are quick to take money away from us

Lvl 5 - Silver

it has been working for few days now

PRO Member

It should never have been released in this sorry state just goes to show that there quite happy to rush products just to milk the fanboys/girls. They new how much stress the application would take and yet still couldn't manage to provide a service that could handle the users.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG] Unholy Eve View Post
    It should never have been released in this sorry state just goes to show that there quite happy to rush products just to milk the fanboys/girls. They new how much stress the application would take and yet still couldn't manage to provide a service that could handle the users.
    they have made it working :/

The Bushiest Pig

Yeah ELITE has been up and working for maybe around a week. Only people that don't have it yet are PC players. You also have to remember, there were MILLIONS of people trying to get on at once and cause a crash. At least teh people who paid (me ) get an extra 30 days.

PRO Member

It has been all fine for me since a week now!

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Platinum Dohvakiin

In all honesty, this isn't Activision or IW fault, as neither built Elite in the first place. The company Beachhead Studios who was/is responsible for Elite is to blame. They were hired to do a job. And have done a piss poor attempt at it. Their sole job is to run CoD Elite. As it stands right now. I wouldn't let Beachhead build me a PS3 theme.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Massive fail. They had a BETA and all. COD actually having a BETA. Still it doesn't work. Having said that, it is working for me.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Crocodile Hunter

its been working fine for me for a few days now lol...and anyway stop bitching over it MW3 still works and there is nothing that amazing on elite anyway

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    its been working fine for me for a few days now lol...and anyway stop bitching over it MW3 still works and there is nothing that amazing on elite anyway
    really? not even with the latest patch it feels the same without it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Some features on mine are still not working like being able to see my showcase and the competition times always seem to be listed different on the console and the internet.Also I was doing a competition and someone on my friends list was too but the times were different for us. Also It shows on leaderboards I got a silver but on my feed it just shows that I enlisted.
    I haven't started a clan yet but have joined some groups. Which reminds me...
    Everyone go and join ps3trophies_com and ps3t_com groups on elite to see how you rank up against your fellow trophy hunters.

In2
    January MOTM

It's working fine for me, the only problem is that i can't see the badges that i've won.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.