Why did I get double XP?

This is a discussion on Why did I get double XP? within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 forum, part of the C; I just logged on around 10 minutes ago. I noticed that callsign had "NEW" on it. I checked and I ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Why did I get double XP?

I just logged on around 10 minutes ago. I noticed that callsign had "NEW" on it. I checked and I had the call of duty elite emblem & title. I also have double XP with a yellow XP box on my callsign. I didn't get double XP nor do I have CoD elite.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

[><] No1 IN SCOTLAND [><]

Have you downloaded the "Free" CoD ELITE app from the PSN store ~ That gives you the title & emblem, plus the 2hrs double XP..!? Thats what it sounds like to me.??
    If you buy the premium 1 year membership, then you`ll recieve a different title & emblem.!!
    PS3TROPHIES.COM MEMBER SINCE: SEPTEMBER 2009.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_RAB View Post
    Have you downloaded the "Free" CoD ELITE app from the PSN store ~ That gives you the title & emblem, plus the 2hrs double XP..!? Thats what it sounds like to me.??
    If you buy the premium 1 year membership, then you`ll recieve a different title & emblem.!!
    Oh ok. I didn't know that. Since it took so long til I got it. I thought it wasn't because of that.
    Platbar by Wadefan1