View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 1.89%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

10 18.87%
  • 4 - Hard

22 41.51%
  • 5 - Very Hard

20 37.74%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Call of Duty: World at War forum, part of the C; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

PRO Member

I voted very hard because it was my first platinum ever ....not good enough?
    okay well also because of the insane grenade spamming on veteran...the sniper mission (you know what i am talking about) and the trophie about shooting down a bunch of zeroes...

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on: Max Payne 3, Jak 2 GTA V, Dead Space 2 , Dead Space 3

Future projects: Jak 3

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

I was hard, veteran with infinite waves of enemies and grenade spamming. The headshot with a pistol across th map at moving target trophy, the sum of all zero's trophy. It was hard.
    Still better campaign than Black Ops in my opinion.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: W@W/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Very Hard - Dodging grenades on Veteran mode and spending a half or even a full day just trying to pass one checkpoint. Yea, that qualifies as very hard.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

PRO Member

Hard - Grenade Spam on Veteran and Sum Of All Zeroes is what ramped up the difficulty for me.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hard

Veteran made me rage but got there in the end. Sum Of All Zero's was a slut too.
    probably my hardest platinum I've got but it's not very hard like GT5 or Warhawk

Gotham's Reckoning

Very Hard: Veteran and Sum Of All Zero's, 'nuff said.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 6 - Silver

So it's gonna be hard huh?

дурак

This game was Hard as shit on Veteran. It's not a fair hard, it's pretty cheap in some spots. It's definitely doable, but it's gonna take alot of effort and a decent amount of skill.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

PRO Member

I voted a 4 as i do have this platinum!
    I think the story wasnt that bad tbh, you just had to churn away at it and not get frustrated because you were going to die.

The problem with this platinum is the Blue Ribbon and Get Your Right Foot Wet, the co-op ones were just stupid, because by the time i got round to it, nobody even played it anymore which was so frustrating..

The Old Guy

I voted very hard for two reasons:
    1. Grenade
    2. Spam

PRO Member

The hardest part was veteran on the 2nd to last stage. The rest of the trophies were pretty easy. I don't know why everyone keeps complaining about Sum of all Zero's. I got that on my 2nd try... Plus I have platted this game on 3 different accounts so I am going on the pain of the 1st plat haha

Lvl 9 - Gold

If I got through it, ANYONE can.

So long as they can tolerate COD and are fairly experienced in it.

It requires some luck as well though. Especially with all those grenade spams, sons of bitches....
    Last edited by Hysteria; 10-29-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Huge Gaming Backlog

I voted hard because it was the hardest Call of Duty to plat. The veteran mode was insane with the grenade happy enemies. Where did they keep pulling all those grenades from?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

add me in the session

Mr. 70 Plats

My vote is 4-Hard. I was going to vote 5, but, decided not to. The whole game, from start to finish on Veteran was a true test of patience and perseverance. During the downtime from the PSN, I managed to get the . And, it's a very satisfying indeed

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Voted very hard because the grenades were ridiculous. Also this game is hacked like no other and I got into a zombie game that unlocked a few of the trophies for me. Cant say i was to bummed at first but later i was mad because it ruined the fun for me.

2011 Member of the Year

Voted Moderate with this one.
    Only one tough mission, but damn, was it tough.

The only sane person here

3 for moderate. campaign was hard but I played it multiple times so it became easy for me.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Hard.. Heart of the reich was a nightmare on veteran..Shooting down the zeroes wasn't easy either..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast