Veteran Help Needed

This is a discussion on Veteran Help Needed within the Call of Duty: World at War forum, part of the C; Well im not a high class gamer, nor am i bad gamer, however for some reason (on Veteran) I cant ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Veteran Help Needed

Well im not a high class gamer, nor am i bad gamer, however for some reason (on Veteran) I cant even survive getting round the corner on the first level!!

I think there are some japs with a cak-cak gun, i can't get past them , im obviously doing something drastically wrong here.
    It doesn't matter where I shoot from or where I take cover,they get me every time, help please !

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Warmdrift View Post
    Well im not a high class gamer, nor am i bad gamer, however for some reason (on Veteran) I cant even survive getting round the corner on the first level!!

I think there are some japs with a cak-cak gun, i can't get past them , im obviously doing something drastically wrong here.
    It doesn't matter where I shoot from or where I take cover,they get me every time, help please !
    the only help i can give you is.. good luck lol

oh yh, and watch out for them grenades

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

im gonna need it

Forget I Was Ever Here

Veteran is completely random and pretty frustrating with the amount of bullets you can take and the grenades...your best bet is just to go very slow or if you remember kinda where the checkpoints were run to them and just be prone as much as you can as you want to take 1 enemy out at a time n not to rush the campaign there is no real strategy from what I know

It is time for me to go underground

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by Warmdrift View Post

Well if that part is bad for you then you're in a lot of trouble for the rest of the game. The early levels didn't seem bad but some of the later ones were. All I can say is take your time, cover and watch some youtube clips to help you, not much else that can be said.

Lvl 7 - Gold

first time i went Semper Fi on veteran i went with 0 deaths and i got the trophy, not on my account though, but yeah like Omni said later on it gets even worse like a thousand times worse, dont break your controller.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 7 - Gold

If you are as bad as you think you are, then you will not Plat this game.

Type 82, or a Type 100?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Plats-O'-War!!

Patience is key for this as Veteran's a downright bitch. Also, don't sit in one spot as it's a grenade fest throughout the whole game. Also, learn the checkpoints as the later levels will piss you off. Also, don't sit in one spot and shoot all the enemies thinking they'll stop coming NOPE!!! You must progress through the level in order for them to stop spawning. I know it's crazy, but trust me, once you've beaten that whole difficulty, you'll be doing backflips!! I know I did!

дурак

Like everyone else said, if you are having problems with the first level, you will not beat it. Move slowly, pay attention to your surroundings, push up as much as you can. The enemies are infinitely respawning in most cases, so you must press on.

Good luck. You'll need it for Heart Of The Reich.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 7 - Gold

I wrote up a strategy for Heart. Posted it somewhere on one of these ps3trophy sites. The basic idea is to blow up the first two AA guns normally, checkpoint, then use the panzershreck to hit the third and go running through that house. So many dead Russians on that level.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    I wrote up a strategy for Heart. Posted it somewhere on one of these ps3trophy sites. The basic idea is to blow up the first two AA guns normally, checkpoint, then use the panzershreck to hit the third and go running through that house. So many dead Russians on that level.
    I remember reading that and using that technique! But as everyone has said, just take it slow and be warned the first level is easy compared to many of the other levels!