Castlevania Lords of Shadow overheating PS3

This is a discussion on Castlevania Lords of Shadow overheating PS3 within the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow forum, part of the C; I'm making this thread to ask if anyone has ever experienced this while playing this game? I got the game ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Castlevania Lords of Shadow overheating PS3

I'm making this thread to ask if anyone has ever experienced this while playing this game? I got the game yesterday and barely played an hours worth when the fan in my PS3 turns on full throttle. I panicked, went for the Autosave and then switched the game off then my PS3. I tryed again and the same happened again. I was worrying incase my PS3 was on the verge of dying. It's almost 4 years old. Hasn't failed me yet. But this game results in it rapidly overheating.

Anyone else ever experienced this?

Abracadaver ;[

you have the fat model?I've played it both on the fat 60gb and the slim 120gb but I never noticed with castlevania , i can say that when it is hot the fan go crazy especially when your ps3 is full of dust and smoke like mine,I do not know if it is your case,but still I suggest you clean the air vents..

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah a mate of mine said to do that but I really don't have any devices in the house for cleaning it. It's the only game that this has happened with so I don't see why. I'll put in another game and test it out. But my PS3 gave me no problems after taking the disk out. So I'm not entirely sure what's going on.

Abracadaver ;[

i read now on another forum of similar problems with castlevania but always linked to graphical issue heavy tierig,framerate drop, ghosting,flashing ecc (GPU overheating) notices something like this?

Well it is sad but if all others game woks well u can just hold castlevania 4 the cold season..

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kelhtuhzaad View Post
    i read now on another forum of similar problems with castlevania but always linked to graphical issue heavy tierig,framerate drop, ghosting,flashing ecc (GPU overheating) notices something like this?

Well it is sad but if all others game woks well u can just hold castlevania 4 the cold season..
    We might have read from the same forums then. That's exactly what I read up on. But the thing is, I have none of those issues except for the overheating.

Was only a rental so sent Castlevania back. Won't be risking it. But other games did work fine. Well at least for the length of time a tested it. Tryed to get The Cats Out The Bag trophy (glitched for people not using a HDTV) several times but the fan didn't go wild. Tryed Castlevania, it seemed fine, then out the blue it went wild again. So it's on it's way back to where I rented it from.

Now I have to decide on whether or not I should buy a new PS3 just incase. Been saving. Dread paying that much though.

Thanks for your help kelhtuhzaad.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Until recently I had and older 80gb model and about my games would overheat it. I vacuumed out the dust and it improved. However I played Castlevainia and I don’t ever remember it overheating. I guess I was lucky because Uncharted 2 would overheat my system in 2 minutes from a cold start.