View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

5 19.23%
  • 3 - Moderate

19 73.08%
  • 4 - Hard

2 7.69%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow forum, part of the C; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Royal Flush X2

2 Easy This one is borderline from moderate as there are challenges but most are easy. Only a few challenges of the time trial titan bosses can be a little tough but still not bad. This does require 2 full playthroughs and even the hardest difficulty setting is easy because of 2 very powerful spells that destroy anything in there path. The collectibles are not too bad to find. Overall it's not hard enough for me to give this a moderate rating.

You weak azz niggs

I vote easy. You'll need to play and beat the game at least twice anyway and you can collect and keep all collectibles when you play the Paladin playthrough. So that's no problem. The 2nd DLC is a nice challenge though

Nope, nothing

Moderate for me.
    Only because some of the Trails were frustrating

Regional Manager of War

Unofficial vote Easy/time consuming

1. Paladin difficulty not hard at all and you get to keep all of your upgrades
    2. Out of the whole game there might be 3 trails that may take a few tries
    3. Collectables aren't to hard to find especially with a guide
    4. If having trouble with a trail on Paladin Difficulty you can do it on Easy for less frustration

Lvl 5 - Silver

I voted moderate (5/10)

Its a great game highly recommended.

Some trials are tricky but nothing above 5/10 in difficulty.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 4 - Silver

MODERATE, a lil time consuming and some trials where a bitch other than that awsome game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I also voted Moderate - some of the trials were a pain in the arse.....but overall it isn't terrible. I had a blast with it.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

DLC trophies ever gonna be updated/added in the my games section

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Not really that hard to plat it, maybe 5 to 6 over 10. However, it is really a time consuming game which took me about 11 days to complete (on and off), especially took me 3 runs to complete the game (warrior mode, trial, then paladin mode).

My advise to anyone who is new to this game and want to plat it, is to start off playing warrior mode since it is much easier compared to knight mode. Do not switch to trial or go back to claim any brotherhood ark as it is really a waste of time. Once you have completed the warrior mode, now you may switch to the Esquire (easiest) mode to complete all the trials and to obtain all the brotherhood arks or gems that you have missed. After all the trials are completed, proceed and complete the paladin mode. Paladin mode will be much ease (took me a total of about 7 hrs) since you have all the magic maxed by now and somehow know the tricks and timings to counter all the bosses.

The above is just my two cents. Just for reference if anyone interested.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Its been a while since i got the plat for this game but i remember it fairly well.I voted moderate on this one as it was challenging for me and thats inclusive of everything that the game offered when doing the trials and what not.I played this game not long after i did GOW3 and i thought this didnt have a patch on that but still a great game with a good story none the less.I thought it was so good i bought the 2 dlc packs and fully completed the game because after playing the first game i was very intrigued to see how the story would carry on and it did not disappoint me.I would definately recommend this game as the battle system is great with some awesome moves and the trials will keep you occupied for a bit.All in all a great game,buy/try it imo

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate: The collectibles were a bit challenging at time and easy to miss without a guide. Having been a fan of the Castlevania franchise since I was a kid, I enjoyed the story and gameplay.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The timed trials were hard but, in the great scheme of things, the two ultimate magic spells break the game's difficulty even on Paladin. This is still very time-consuming for a moderate platinum.

If I were asked to rate the Resurrection DLC I'd say that the final level of the game is Very Hard on Paladin difficulty, so buyer beware.
    I'll censor anything anyone writes except for this for-profit advertisement found at the top of my signature. Rawr.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate. I don't think you can call it an easy platinum, but it feels it's easier than moderate. I'd differently vote easy if there weren't those annoying titan trials.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate, the timed titian trials were a bit of a pain

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 7 - Gold

It wasn't quite Moderate so I voted Easy. I'm not sure what my initial impressions were but I wound up enjoying this game a lot more than I think I thought I would. The game really wasn't that hard, even on my first playthrough which was on Knight difficulty. And as wblman up top said, the two ultimate magic attacks make boss fights and Paladin a joke. The collectibles were easier than most games I've played that had them and it seemed like I flew by the time trials. I think the only one that gave me any kind of trouble was the one where you had to destroy 100 objects in however many seconds, but other than that it wasn't too bad.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted Moderate. It took me about half way through my first play through to really get into the game but like others have said the two powers makes paladin play (especially bosses) extremely easy. The only difficulty were a few of the trials but with youtube and guides they arent to difficult. Side note: Dont spend hours on trials during paladin play through, just finish and play on the easiest trials for those you missed. Many that took me an hour to do on paladin mode only took 5 minutes on the easiest setting.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

3 Moderate A few of the trials will take some time top perfect and if you die by falling on paladin mode it will drop your health by 2/3 so your better off restarting the checkpoint. A few bosses on paladin mode are challenging but if you stick to it you will have your platinum in 1 to 2 weeks.

Winter Is Coming

Voted moderate

Like others have said, a couple of the trials can be a pain in the arse but nothing a little practice won't sort out. Paladin difficulty isn't too hard but can be a little draining at times purely cause its a fairly long game rather than because of its difficulty.
    Would definately recommend this game though, I really enjoyed it

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate, not that hard but a few of the trials were a pain in the balls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast