Results 1 to 14 of 14

Child of Eden?

This is a discussion on Child of Eden? within the Child of Eden forum, part of the C; This game is gonna be a rough to obtain. The graphics are great for this game. But, man, to 100% ...

  1. #1
    Mr. 70 Plats
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    3,876
    Reputation
    164

    Child of Eden?

    This game is gonna be a rough to obtain. The graphics are great for this game. But, man, to 100% Purify every single planet (5 in total), whew, it's gonna be rough. Wish there was a guide up for this....




  2. #2
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,076
    Reputation
    54

    is this a ps move game? i remember seeing a trailer of this in the winter
    never saw gameplay



  3. #3
    Change is good
    Luckay's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,495
    Reputation
    416

    Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    is this a ps move game? i remember seeing a trailer of this in the winter
    never saw gameplay
    Yeah its a move game. Looks sick too.

  4. #4
    Mr. 70 Plats
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    3,876
    Reputation
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    is this a ps move game? i remember seeing a trailer of this in the winter
    never saw gameplay
    It's move compatible. Yeah, it's sick as hell. But, like I said, one rough




  5. #5
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Hysteria's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,047
    Reputation
    18

    Well, speaking as a previous Rez fan (since literally 80% of COE's buyers ARE Rez fans), I was disappointed with the game, but that's away from the point here so i'll stick to the topic at hand.



    FUCK. THESE. TROPHIES. ARE. TOUGH. AS. NUTS.


    ....Well actually, far from difficulty being the problem as opposed to GRAUTUITY.


    5 levels and we have to play them each at least 30 times over. Lovely.

    Where is the fun in remembering such a beautiful game if you've damaged your retinas from the sheer amount of times you've repeated it?


    I wondered why this was so cheap on digital and now I see why. It isn't.

    Don't pay 24 for this, you'll regret it. It's not Rez.


    It's a flim-flam effort of non-sensical rhythmic nonsense, with pretty lights over it.


    By the way, LOOK UP THE FINAL BOSS BEFORE YOU START THE LAST LEVEL,
    I AM NOT JOKING.


  6. #6
    Mr. 70 Plats
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    3,876
    Reputation
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Well, speaking as a previous Rez fan (since literally 80% of COE's buyers ARE Rez fans), I was disappointed with the game, but that's away from the point here so i'll stick to the topic at hand.



    FUCK. THESE. TROPHIES. ARE. TOUGH. AS. NUTS.


    ....Well actually, far from difficulty being the problem as opposed to GRAUTUITY.


    5 levels and we have to play them each at least 30 times over. Lovely.

    Where is the fun in remembering such a beautiful game if you've damaged your retinas from the sheer amount of times you've repeated it?


    I wondered why this was so cheap on digital and now I see why. It isn't.

    Don't pay 24 for this, you'll regret it. It's not Rez.


    It's a flim-flam effort of non-sensical rhythmic nonsense, with pretty lights over it.


    By the way, LOOK UP THE FINAL BOSS BEFORE YOU START THE LAST LEVEL,
    I AM NOT JOKING.
    LOL! Yeah, I'm not too keen on these trophies. But, I'm gonna look up the final boss battle like you said.




  7. #7
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    305
    Reputation
    2

    well i enjoyed REZ & im loving this, its defiantly harder than REZ, ive only reached the 4th level on the 360 copy, but bought the PS3 one today so we'll see, if the final boss is like REZ's final chapter/boss yea im sure it will take quite a few attempts.

    & if anyone enjoyed REZ you will enjoy this, & more importantly you do not need the PS Eye to play it,i have 2 actually & am still playing it with the controller,maybe ill try the eye later.

    This is a game which for $40 i dont care if i ever get the platinum,as the trophies are truely the mother of all challanges,but u know what ? np,this is a game which if anyone enjoys a music type game ,youll like this,at least worth a rent for sure.It is truely a stimulation of your senses.

  8. #8
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Hysteria's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,047
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    well i enjoyed REZ & im loving this, its defiantly harder than REZ, ive only reached the 4th level on the 360 copy, but bought the PS3 one today so we'll see, if the final boss is like REZ's final chapter/boss yea im sure it will take quite a few attempts.

    & if anyone enjoyed REZ you will enjoy this, & more importantly you do not need the PS Eye to play it,i have 2 actually & am still playing it with the controller,maybe ill try the eye later.

    This is a game which for $40 i dont care if i ever get the platinum,as the trophies are truely the mother of all challanges,but u know what ? np,this is a game which if anyone enjoys a music type game ,youll like this,at least worth a rent for sure.It is truely a stimulation of your senses.
    It would be if it actually had any rhythm.


  9. #9
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,076
    Reputation
    54

    i honestly dont understand WTF is going on
    thats enough to make me dismiss this game



  10. #10
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Hysteria's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,047
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    i honestly dont understand WTF is going on
    thats enough to make me dismiss this game
    This is one of the main problems with COE, it's just a plethora of incomprehensible crap.


    At least Rez had an excuse....


  11. #11
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    305
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    It would be if it actually had any rhythm.
    maybe you need to find the rhythm??

    This is game like REZ which you will not get 100% shot down your first run hell maybe not your 20th, and even with REZ i still never got the shoot down 95%achievement for all areas 1-5,5 still eludes me.

    This is a game meant to be played over so you get better at it, and that comment about being not comprehensibile? well ,its not meant to be easy otherwise why would you replay it.You do notice you hit more targets the 2nd,3rd,4th time around correct?

    My only suggestion is if you dont like it simple,dont play it,but you dont need to bash it,your choice if you want to of course,like i said i enjoyed REZ but never did,nor probably never will 100% my XBL Arcade copy, and like REZ ,Child of Eden is a fun challangeing game.

  12. #12
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Hysteria's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,047
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    maybe you need to find the rhythm??

    This is game like REZ which you will not get 100% shot down your first run hell maybe not your 20th, and even with REZ i still never got the shoot down 95%achievement for all areas 1-5,5 still eludes me.

    This is a game meant to be played over so you get better at it, and that comment about being not comprehensibile? well ,its not meant to be easy otherwise why would you replay it.You do notice you hit more targets the 2nd,3rd,4th time around correct?

    My only suggestion is if you dont like it simple,dont play it,but you dont need to bash it,your choice if you want to of course,like i said i enjoyed REZ but never did,nor probably never will 100% my XBL Arcade copy, and like REZ ,Child of Eden is a fun challangeing game.
    The problem I have with it is that out of all it's niggly annoyances, it doesn't even retain the simplicity that made Rez awesome.

    The rhythm is not there, and the feel isn't there either, it's just a cruise missile bouncing off walls to music that resonates with organisms that literally are the only thing to shoot on the screen until a few more appear 8 seconds after. The enemies just feel too simple, like they've been pasted in, I mean the only thing that gives them their decor is their movements in coordination with the environment, but there isn't enough oomph in it.

    It definitely is challenging, but doesn't mean to say it's fun, effortlessly spamming the one button to death trying the mark every lock-on shot.

    Although I must admit, one thing that absolutely baffles me is the sheer amount of concept art, times the quality.

    I mean, sure there's only 60+ pieces, but F*CK ME, did they go into slave labour to make these? They're unbelievable!

    I never need to look up wallpaper ever again, I think we're set for life!


  13. #13
    Mr. 70 Plats
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    3,876
    Reputation
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    This is game like REZ which you will not get 100% shot down your first run hell maybe not your 20th, and even with REZ i still never got the shoot down 95%achievement for all areas 1-5,5 still eludes me.

    This is a game meant to be played over so you get better at it, and that comment about being not comprehensibile? well ,its not meant to be easy otherwise why would you replay it.You do notice you hit more targets the 2nd,3rd,4th time around correct?

    My only suggestion is if you dont like it simple,dont play it,but you dont need to bash it,your choice if you want to of course,like i said i enjoyed REZ but never did,nor probably never will 100% my XBL Arcade copy, and like REZ ,Child of Eden is a fun challangeing game.
    I have to agree with this. I played the 1st planet 12 times (Yes, it's needed to get EVERYTHING ) and I've noticed that I got better every trip. The one thing that eludes me is the 100% Purification. Outside of that, I realistically destroyed that planet LOL Just imagine doing that to the other 4 planets (5 in general). Plus, it's not the same thing twice (in terms of the stage layout, enemy movement, etc....), but I will say, after the 3rd time you've gone through a planet, it will have the same pattern. This is going to be a very difficult to obtain. I just wish there was more info on the game (Like a walkthrough of each planet, and what to do in order to achieve 100% purification on each planet)




  14. #14
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland UK
    Posts
    43
    Reputation
    1

    Looks mint in 3D thats why i bought it just to see :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO