Impressions of the game

This is a discussion on Impressions of the game within the Child of Light forum, part of the C; I liked the game, but it felt too short and simplistic ... then again, I'm much older than the intended ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Impressions of the game

I liked the game, but it felt too short and simplistic ... then again, I'm much older than the intended age range, so that's probably par for the course.

Minor Nits:

* The combat system felt a bit too close to the pet combat system in WoW.
    * Too many character levels, companions and skill tree choices. During the course of two full playthroughs, I typically used only one or two out of all the available companions - I didn't even bother equipping or skilling the others.
    * Drop rate for Rubies too low ... every gem recipe requires rubies, either directly or indirectly, and their shortage poses a genuine imbalance in the crafting system.

A cute little tear jerker. I enjoyed it.

I finished my first playthrough at level 50ish, and my 2nd at 80-something (I forget).
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

If I recall, a full playthrough took me about 9-12 hrs of total playtime ... it would have been less if I'd skipped battles (which I didn't because I was gem hunting), and yeilded enough gems to make a princess stone (best used offensively), and a spinel stone (best used for the timeline advantage), plus a few other odds and ends to keep 2 companions modestly equipped.

Toggle Spoiler

Anyway, after 2 playthoughs, I'm totally done with it ... not enough replay attraction. It was fun, but it's done.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer