Not Cool In A Crysis (Crysis 1)

This is a discussion on Not Cool In A Crysis (Crysis 1) within the Crysis 2 forum, part of the C; I have reached the excavation site, but am getting increasingly exasperated with this game. I like a game thatís punishingly ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Not Cool In A Crysis (Crysis 1)

I have reached the excavation site, but am getting increasingly exasperated with this game. I like a game thatís punishingly difficult, (even on Normal) but some of the gameplay is really beginning to bug me.

The cloaking ability feels broken. Even when walking, and with a low alert state, enemies notice me and open fire. This always leads to a gunfight, yet ammo is unbelievably scarce. The checkpoint system blows, I took a nice shortcut through a river at one point, and died a few minutes later. Upon restarting, I sprinted down the main path and came across 2 checkpoints before I reached the exact same point. It feels like any attempt to deviate from the main path is punished, or not accounted for. I am finding this infuriating as I love open ended gameplay. Likewise, checkpoints donít seem to occur naturally, and some have put me in the middle of a fire fight, making it unnecessarily trying. The dual pistols are probably the most inaccurate weapon Iíve ever had the misfortune of using. Yes, I know recoil adds realism, but when the first shot doesnít even connect, it feels unfair.

I want to love this game, but it feel like Iím not playing it properly. Can any Crysis fans please forgive my ignorance and suggest some basic tips to help me enjoy this game more. In particular, suggestions for effective use of stealth, as I was really looking forward to becoming a ĎPredatorí.

**Apologies for creating this post under Crysis 2 Ė but there is no forum option for Crysis 1**

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow, so the first really is as bad as the 2nd game? Well, that fucking sucks.

I don't really have any advice for you, as this sounds like a total lost cause. I mean, this sounds exactly the same as the 2nd game, and that didn't have any solutions to gameplay either.

Try different methods of approach or taking it slower, that's all the advice I can really offer.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I know your pain, im very good at crysis 2 and FPS in general this game is tough!
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

PRO Member

Read some game faq's I played it not very far along in it but noticed the same thing enemies pick up your location way to easy, and yes ammo is way to limited but it can be done

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for the advice guys - at least I know I'm not alone. It also annoys me that enemies have a ridiculously good shot, even when you can’t see them. And entire patrols seem to appear from areas that have just been cleared.

I’m going to persevere with it, but it certainly doesn’t make me want to play Crysis 2, especially with the glitched multiplayer trophies. I expected much more from ‘one of the greatest shooters ever made’.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bigstevieg85 View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys - at least I know I'm not alone. It also annoys me that enemies have a ridiculously good shot, even when you can’t see them. And entire patrols seem to appear from areas that have just been cleared.

I’m going to persevere with it, but it certainly doesn’t make me want to play Crysis 2, especially with the glitched multiplayer trophies. I expected much more from ‘one of the greatest shooters ever made’.
    Who the hell said that?

It's greatest in the sense of it had the most amazing graphics for it's time, and still does. But that's honestly all i've EVER heard about it, I never see anything different.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Who the hell said that?

It's greatest in the sense of it had the most amazing graphics for it's time, and still does. But that's honestly all i've EVER heard about it, I never see anything different.
    From Gamespot, a site where I (usually) find the reviews absolutely spot on. Unlike IGNorant.
    "Crysis is visually stunning, packed with intelligent, thrilling gameplay, and easily one of the greatest shooters ever made."

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bigstevieg85 View Post
    From Gamespot, a site where I (usually) find the reviews absolutely spot on. Unlike IGNorant.
    "Crysis is visually stunning, packed with intelligent, thrilling gameplay, and easily one of the greatest shooters ever made."

LIIIIIES!!!!

idiots

Lvl 3 - Bronze

more like repetitive, unbalanced gameplay

Lvl 5 - Silver

I Remember this, its a pain in the ass best thing to do is shoot for the head when you run low on ammo

Best thing to do is engage them at a range or make a mental not of where the enemies are and try to avoid them cuz they always gang up on you if attack them also try using speed to fall back super fast then regroup
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

The Bushiest Pig

Yeah Cloaking is a real bitch is this game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I’ve acclimatised to the game slightly, and am enjoying it more now. The cloak only seems to work at a distance, so getting 5 stealth kills in a row is going to be rough.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

not meaning to sound big headed but i'd rate myself good on fps but crysis is above and beyond a joke! the stealth may aswell not even be on!! i wouldn't recommend buying this for an easy platinum because its a real headache! I have crysis 2 aswell not looking forward to the glitched trophies either, look likemy perfect platinum streak is gonna end and worse thing is its out of my control!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yes this game was kind of a real bitchy plat to get. But one tip I can give you. That helped me in most parts of the game.
    Those jeeps that are scattered around are no easy feat to take down. So use it to your advantage. I Skipped big parts in the game when traveling from one point to the other and actually just race through the checkpoints. Its not that hard to do. Because most of the times when your jeep is almost broken. There is one nearby. Hope this helps

EDIT. Just noticed the time when this was posted. But ohh well.. Better late then never.

illegal in 9 countries

Old thread, but you're right, you're doing it wrong.

Forget cloaking as your modus operandi - you uncloak whenever you attack, so it's primary purpose is to sneak attack individual targets from behind before ducking back into the shadows. Just like a Predator, if you try a frontal assault on a group while cloaked, the enemy will detect you.

The best way to play Crysis is to snipe from a distance in cover (which yields the Nano Ninja trophy, you don't need to be cloaked) and use shield when up close and personal.

The only time cloaking is useful is hiding after you taken damage and trying to sneak past aliens in the mothership levels. And when you are within melee range, use strength to choke enemies instead of wasting ammo, especially against the aliens in zero-G!

Crysis is a great game and it does allows you to play how you want to play eg I never used a vehicle unless forced to, like the tank level. But playing it some ways is better than others. Stealth comes with distance and cover, not the nanosuit.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)