Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crytek, why do you find trophies so difficult?

This is a discussion on Crytek, why do you find trophies so difficult? within the Crysis 2 forum, part of the C; Quite frankly, it’s embarrassing that such a technically capable company finds it impossible to make trophies that unlock once the ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Crytek, why do you find trophies so difficult?

Quite frankly, it’s embarrassing that such a technically capable company finds it impossible to make trophies that unlock once the relevant criteria has been met.

Upon completing Crysis 1, I’d missed various secondary objectives so restarted the campaign on Delta difficulty. I completed just the first Secondary objective and the ‘Perfect, Soldier’ trophy unlocked. Fantastic right? Well I have now reached ‘Onslaught’ (well into Act 2) and the Act 1 Delta difficulty trophy refuses to unlock.

It’s an absolute disgrace, much like the glitched Crysis 2 multiplayer trophies. I have seen my friends profile with my own eyes. Level 50, but no ‘Crysis, What Crysis?’ trophy. There’s no way in hell I’ll be getting Crysis 2 now. Life is simply too short for this bullshit.

Has anyone else experienced something similar, and did the trophy unlock at a later date? Or is this a total lost cause?

I noticed some forum posts on websites trying to boycott Crysis 1 until Crytek patched Crysis 2. Well Crytek are making the same mistakes all over again, which is depressing.

Lvl 9 - Gold

......I'm sorry?

Crytek makes 2 drop-dead gorgeous games that had such potential to be unleashed, yet instead, make them resemble that of a flaccid gentleman's area, and YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE TROPHIES?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's just the final insult - Ive got a long list of things that annoy me with this game. But after forcing myself to play such mediocrity, I expect a Platinum for my trouble. Especially when I have earned it fair and square.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have both the Crysis games and have not experienced glitched trophies yet. Although I'm 100% sure I killed an enemy 200m away, I did not get the trophy yet, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

I just love the games too much to complain about the trophies.

Proud owner of the Hannah Montana platinum - haters gonna hate.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    ......I'm sorry?

Crytek makes 2 drop-dead gorgeous games that had such potential to be unleashed, yet instead, make them resemble that of a flaccid gentleman's area, and YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE TROPHIES?
    Why not complain about the trophies? After all, this is a trophy site and a lot of members here will occasionally purchase games entirely for trophies and not give a fuck about any other aspect of the game.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Racestra View Post
    I have both the Crysis games and have not experienced glitched trophies yet. Although I'm 100% sure I killed an enemy 200m away, I did not get the trophy yet, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

I just love the games too much to complain about the trophies.
    I wish I shared your sentiments.

A plat a month!

......I'm sorry?

This is ps3TROPHIES.com... A lot of us here game for trophies. We have a right to complain about glitchy trophies.

Regional Manager of War

What I would do is pop the game on the easiest difficulty to make it easier and not as stressful since you'll probably be unstoppable, and keep trying till the trophies pop up. I know how you fell Dragon Age had numerous annoying glitches that had me starting over or grinding for hours

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    What I would do is pop the game on the easiest difficulty to make it easier and not as stressful since you'll probably be unstoppable, and keep trying till the trophies pop up. I know how you fell Dragon Age had numerous annoying glitches that had me starting over or grinding for hours
    Sadly, it has to be on the hardest difficulty. I had a similar problem with Killzone 3 & Borderlands trophies, which mysteriously unlocked (without popping) at a later date. I'm just hoping it happens with Crysis too, or else it has seriously fucked me off.

Needz Trophy Card

how about taking the time to post in a proper sub forum, there are two of them to select from.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    This is ps3TROPHIES.com... A lot of us here game for trophies. We have a right to complain about glitchy trophies.
    Well yes, that's fine and dandy, but i'm surprised he put the effort into this entire rant just for the trophies and not once even mentions how bad both games actually are.

Besides, I'd of thought most game developers don't really give a funk about trophies anyway, they're all forced to create them for whatever game they make. Why would they bother with them?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    how about taking the time to post in a proper sub forum, there are two of them to select from.
    How about under general discussion, because im discussing a company not a game. Unless there is a Crytek forum, in which case I apologise. I didnt actually check.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well yes, that's fine and dandy, but i'm surprised he put the effort into this entire rant just for the trophies and not once even mentions how bad both games actually are.

Besides, I'd of thought most game developers don't really give a funk about trophies anyway, they're all forced to create them for whatever game they make. Why would they bother with them?
    I didnt feel my opinion on the games quality was relevant. If anything, making it known how much I dislike Crysis risks trolls calling me a liar, biased, a hater and all that shit, which gets very tedious.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Just in case anyone actually cares, Ive found it occurs when starting a new game only. Using chapter select instead seems to work and bypasses this glitch.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bigstevieg85 View Post
    Just in case anyone actually cares, Ive found it occurs when starting a new game only. Using chapter select instead seems to work and bypasses this glitch.
    I'll have to keep that tip in mind if I ever get to try it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstevieg85 View Post
    I didnt feel my opinion on the games quality was relevant. If anything, making it known how much I dislike Crysis risks trolls calling me a liar, biased, a hater and all that shit, which gets very tedious.
    What doesn't?

And besides, this site isn't at much risk from trolls, no fear for that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll have to keep that tip in mind if I ever get to try it, thanks.
    I really wouldnt bother my friend

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Everything unlocked for me just fine.
    It's sad trophies ruined these awesome games for you (or whatever part you disliked).
    I can't tell about MP trophies because either of my shitty connection or because no-one plays it online anymore I can't get into matches

Toggle Spoiler

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

?
    How is Crysis 2 bad?

Peoples standards this year are beyond a joke. Gamers can't appreaciate shit these days. It's all moan and groan.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    How is Crysis 2 bad?

Peoples standards this year are beyond a joke. Gamers can't appreaciate shit these days. It's all moan and groan.
    According to a friend of mine Crysis is all graphics but boring glitchy lousy games in general. I personally have not played a Crysis game but have recently purchased Crysis from the PSN store in hopes to get my own opinion on the game.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I really like both Crysis games, haven't experienced any glitched trophies.. I would buy Crysis Warhead, if they released that on ps3, too..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast