Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dedication - info I've found

This is a discussion on Dedication - info I've found within the Crysis 2 forum, part of the C; So amny people have had problems with Dedication. After MUCH reading and researching I have found out what it's problem ...

The Bushiest Pig

Dedication - info I've found

So amny people have had problems with Dedication. After MUCH reading and researching I have found out what it's problem is.

1. It is glitchy .... but not to the point where it is impossible to earn. You will ge tit eventually, it's just a matter of when.

2. For me, i first played May 27th, which means I should get it November 27th, right? Wrong. For some people they will ge tit 6 months to the day. Others, 6 FULL months must be played. May didn't count for me because there was only 3 days left until months end.

To put it simply, go 6 months to the day you first play, but then wait untl the 1st of teh next month. So in my case that would be December 1st.

3. On June 28th a patch was released that reset many peoples' time counter. So you will have to go 6 months to the day you downloaded the patch and played online, then go to the following month. For me, I downloaded it between late July to late August. So that means the earliest I could get is February 1st and latest being March 1st.

So, to be on the safe side, once you 6 month timer hits, play that day. If it doesn't unlock play on the 1st day of the next few months. Don't worry, you'll ge tit eventually!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Thanks for all the info, but this game isn't worth the platinum anyway

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Thanks for all the info, but this game isn't worth the platinum anyway
    For all the time and effort you gotta put in hearing the back to back dings will be great. Many hours of MP to ge tot 50 PLUS the boosting that is nned for some skills kills, all the hard work paid off with a shiney plat.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    So amny people have had problems with Dedication. After MUCH reading and researching I have found out what it's problem is.

1. It is glitchy .... but not to the point where it is impossible to earn. You will ge tit eventually, it's just a matter of when.

2. For me, i first played May 27th, which means I should get it November 27th, right? Wrong. For some people they will ge tit 6 months to the day. Others, 6 FULL months must be played. May didn't count for me because there was only 3 days left until months end.

To put it simply, go 6 months to the day you first play, but then wait untl the 1st of teh next month. So in my case that would be December 1st.

3. On June 28th a patch was released that reset many peoples' time counter. So you will have to go 6 months to the day you downloaded the patch and played online, then go to the following month. For me, I downloaded it between late July to late August. So that means the earliest I could get is February 1st and latest being March 1st.

So, to be on the safe side, once you 6 month timer hits, play that day. If it doesn't unlock play on the 1st day of the next few months. Don't worry, you'll ge tit eventually!
    Speculation is pointless, in a nutshell, Crytek doesn't give a shit and neither does EA. They got their money. The time that the platinum will pop is entirely random, I was lucky to have mine pop when it did.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Yeah.. i don't remember when I downloaded the patch..
    so i'm trying the first of every month..
    i played the game on release date.. but ehh...
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Speculation is pointless, in a nutshell, Crytek doesn't give a shit and neither does EA. They got their money. The time that the platinum will pop is entirely random, I was lucky to have mine pop when it did.
    Despite this, you still went for it?

......speechless

The Bushiest Pig

This is what I've read across forums, signle posts etc. But I guess the fact that I'm trying to help people with this doesn't matter.

Do you have anything to back your point up of it being random? Or is that speculation as well?

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

This is what I've read across forums, signle posts etc. But I guess the fact that I'm trying to help people with this doesn't matter.

Do you have anything to back your point up of it being random? Or is that speculation as well?
    Me and a friend of mine on PSN started the game on the same day, mine popped and his didn't. To this date his still hasn't popped, so his platinum is long overdue. Now I'm seeing people who have only played the game once get their Dedication trophies, some that have played the game after him have gotten their trophy before him. It's completely random and who ever gets their trophy is just one lucky SOB.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

The Bushiest Pig

Me and a friend of mine on PSN started the game on the same day, mine popped and his didn't. To this date his still hasn't popped, so his platinum is long overdue. Now I'm seeing people who have only played the game once get their Dedication trophies, some that have played the game after him have gotten their trophy before him. It's completely random and who ever gets their trophy is just one lucky SOB.
    So it's possible the June 28th patch reset his time counter .........

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

So it's possible the June 28th patch reset his time counter .........
    Why didn't it reset mine? I installed that patch twice. That just makes the platinum even more random.

The Bushiest Pig

Why didn't it reset mine? I installed that patch twice. That just makes the platinum even more random.
    It reset some people's, not everyone's.

Lvl 5 - Silver

im just fucking angry that crytek doesnt care.
    from this point im going to wait until i know that they work on problems that that in the game before i buy it.
    Gonna wait atleast a month or two before i know if i should even consider Farcry3!
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Lvl 3 - Bronze

8 months and counting for me, I thought it would pop on December 1st but nope, I guess I'm waiting til Jan 1st
    Platbar by the infamous In2
    "If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it.
    If it's marketed right, you'll buy it, but...if it's real, YOU"LL FEEL IT"

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Damn it.. did two matches today and nothing ><
    Guess gotta wait another month..
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Almost a YEAR since playing online for the first time and still no FUCKING trophy!!!

Lvl 5 - Silver

This fucking trophy is random, I played after downloading crysis and after playing one game it popped along with the plat.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Great. Just great. A game that (for the most part) has pretty easy trophies (for multiplayer) one of them is glitched out and might not give me my well deserved plat. I don't want to do this but... fuck you Crytek and EA.

Deathless Destroyer

Those servers better be open for the next few years..
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Those servers better be open for the next few years..
    The servers aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so don't worry. Plenty of time for you to knock out those online trophies if you want.

Negator

This trophy has started unlocking for people who were previously glitched as of January 1st 2013.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast