So, I downloaded the Open Beta for Crysis 3 last night and after playing it for an hour or two, I was curious to know what others thought of it. I never played Crysis 2 but I did play and plat Crysis 1 and very much enjoyed it, so I pre-ordered Crysis 3 quite a while ago. After playing the MP demo for it last night, I can say I'm very much looking forward to the full game.
Some general thoughts:
- Didn't think the aiming was.....'tight' for some reason. Can't put my finger on it but it just seemed a little 'off'
- Graphics are absolutely incredible
- Seems like it's a somewhat difficult MP to get kills in but then again, maybe I'm just using the wrong weapons or I just suck.... LOL
- The HUD seems like a bit much. Maybe I'm not used to it yet, but it seems like there's too much on the screen
- The Pinger is not nearly as fun as it should be - it's a tad rough to control and clunky
- The stealth aspect of the nanosuit is a cool twist on MP
- Overall I really enjoyed it despite my criticisms.
Some questions for anyone who might know the answers and be willing to help:
- How do you throw a damn grenade????? Couldn't figure it out for the life of me.....
- How do you rip someone out of a Pinger?
- How do you throw an object? I saw people tossing cars, etc. but couldn't figure out how to do it.
- Is there a trick to air stomping someone? Couldn't get a kill that way no matter how hard I tried
Anyhow, what do you think of the beta? Did you like it, love it or hate it & why? Will you be getting the game?
PS - As I mentioned, I have this on pre-order and will be getting it Day 1. If you're interested in boosting the MP trophies or just playing online together, shoot me a friend request : DETfaninATL Make sure to put something in the message so I know what the request is for as I don't accept blank friend requests.