DS2 wich weapon will you choose?

This is a discussion on DS2 wich weapon will you choose? within the Dark Souls II forum, part of the D; Anyone who pre-order the game will have this weapon to choose from. Wich will you pick? Not sure yet myself. ...

PRO Member

DS2 wich weapon will you choose?

Anyone who pre-order the game will have this weapon to choose from. Wich will you pick? Not sure yet myself.

Black Flamestone Dagger and Black Flamestone Parma - A dagger and shield encrusted in Black Flamestone both found in the Gutter at Black Gulch. Even though they are heavier than a normal dagger and shield, the Flamestone crystal's unique properties make the dagger extremely sharp and give the shield high resistance to damage.

Yellow Quartz Long Sword and Yellow Quartz Shield - A straight sword and small shield hardened with yellow quartz both uncovered at the bottom of the Iron Keep. Even though these items can break easily due to their high level of corrosion, they are exceptionally light and their power to inflict damage has not declined.

Bound Hand Axe and Bound Wooden Shield - A brutal hand axe and shield found in the Undead Purgatory. Both items are wrapped in chains and thorns to cause additional bleeding on enemies. Both the axe and shield have diminished in overall slashing power but their ability to deliver pain has been deliberately increased.

Homunculus Mace and Homunculus Wooden Shield - A mace and shield with spherical protrusions found in Aldia's Keep. Although heavier than normal maces and shields, the hard protrusions greatly increase the striking power of the mace as well as the shield's defensive capabilities.

Transgressor's Staff and Transgressor's Leather Shield - A staff and leather shield entwined with an unknown and seemingly lackluster element; these items are found in the Dark Chasm of Old. They have become a catalyst for sorcery and hex and cause an effect known as Darkness.
    Last edited by ěl_brilla; 03-07-2014 at 08:13 AM. Reason: messing up my post

KCCO!

None of these sound really appealing to be honest. When I first started out with Dark Souls, I liked the STR weapons, but I quickly started liking the DEX weapons more as I progressed through the various NG's, seeing as they provided higher DPS. The dagger may seem ok, but I doubt it has suitable range.

Bringing the PAIN

Yeah hard to tell when I haven't been in combat situations yet... Usually something with range and a shield is the way to go at first till you figure out battle tactics...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

Some sites have no mention of the bonus weapons, and some say it's only from certain shops and others say it's only the collectors and black edition?

Bob 'n' Becca

I got all of these weapons. I preordered at GameStop and I have the day one Black edition. I'm booting it up now for the first time. I'll more than likely use magic for my first play through.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

KCCO!

For the most part, the weapons require somewhat high STR and/or DEX, so they're useless for beginning players. Having played for a couple of days now, though, the weapons don't even seem worth it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The game in itself seems too much of a burden to don. The first was extremely stressful, being set up a second time to fail just doesnt seem worth it, period. But id use the master sword.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    For the most part, the weapons require somewhat high STR and/or DEX, so they're useless for beginning players. Having played for a couple of days now, though, the weapons don't even seem worth it.
    The strength requirements are null depending on which starting class you choose, IMO. I started originally as a dex character, so I could wield a bow and fight from distance. I ended up making a warrior character after I deemed my initial errors inexcusable, and had no issue wielding the humoncolous mace. True, by the time I could've used the other weapons I had found better weapons, but the mace worked well for me. I still carry it in case my primary weapon degrades while farming.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!