Lucatiel of Mirrah

This is a discussion on Lucatiel of Mirrah within the Dark Souls II forum, part of the D; I allowed Lucatiel to die during the Lost Sinner fight, I then deliberately got killed but her summon sign is ...

Dull Ember

Lucatiel of Mirrah

I allowed Lucatiel to die during the Lost Sinner fight, I then deliberately got killed but her summon sign is no longer were it was. Can I no longer inherit her gear in this playthrough?

It was there when I went back, but I f*ucked it up anyway.
    Last edited by Elpoko; 03-24-2014 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Mess

Negator

This is the information I found (haven't played the game):

[top]Description

[top]Use

[top]Locations

Hangouts:
    • No-man's Wharf - Right next to the first and only bonfire.
    • The Lost Bastille - Approaching the Lost Bastille from McDuff's Workshop walk to the tower straight ahead. She will stand on the very floor you enter.
    • Earthen Peak - At the Lower Earthen Peak bonfire.
    • Black Gulch - The most hidden of her locations. From the first bonfire in Black Gulch stick close to the edge. Even before the first black pools you can spot a small ledge below. Using a torch is strongly advised to see it. Drop down and follow the path to find her leaning against a wall.
    • Aldia's Keep - At the Foregarden bonfire.
    Summons:

[top]Storyline

To Complete Lucatiel's storyline, you must:
    1) Talk to her at all times and exhaust all her dialogue.
    2) Summon her at least 3 out of 4 boss battles she is available for and have her survive the boss fight.
    3) NOTE: You can win 3 out of the 4 boss battles needed by re battling the same boss multiple times by use of a bonfire ascetic. For example, you could have her fight Flexile Sentrytwice and then The Rotten once and that would count as three wins needed for her to give you the equipment and inheritance trophy.

Lucatiel can be first encountered in the Lost Bastille or to the Unseen Path To Heide bonfire in No-Mans's Wharf. She then moves to the other location, where she rewards the player with a human effigy. She can be summoned for the Flexile Sentry boss fight in No-Mans's Wharf to fulfill the boss fight requirements. You may find her sign next to the shortcut gate in No-Man's Wharf.

If you've spoken to her at Bastille and No-Man's wharf, she can be summoned before the fight with The Lost Sinner at the bottom of the lift in Sinners Rise before the sewer area with the exploding undead.

You can find her at Earthen Peak. She may be summoned to fight the Smelter Demon in the Iron Keep

You may then talk to her at the Black Gultch. You can summon her in the fight against The Rotten.

She then moves to her last location in the foregarden of Aldia's Keep. If the above requirements are met, she will give you her equipment. If not kill her and you will be able to purchase her equipment from Melentia. If you talk to her before completing the above requirements she will disappear and you will lose your opportunity to complete her quest for that play through.

Her brother invades once you go up the steps into Aldia's Keep as a red phantom.

[top]Drops

Lucatiel's Mask

Source: Lucatiel of Mirrah - DarkSouls II Wikidot Wiki

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

First off: Dark Souls II Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum

Second Off: Lucatiel and Benhart are probably the two hardest trophies in the game. They both require you to speak to the person in numerous locations throughout the game as well as summon them in 3 out of their 4 boss fights they are available to fight in.

I can vouch that if a Phantom dies during a boss fight and you die also that you can summon the phantom again for the fight (but sometimes you may need to travel first). You can also use Bonfire Ascetics to up the difficulty and have another shot at the fight.

From what I am told you cannot summon a phantom who has died in a previous fight to aid you in future fights but I am not willing to try this unless I do so next playthrough so you may actually be SoL until next playthrough sadly.

Bob 'n' Becca

Lucatiel and Benhart can both eat a bull's anas. The requirements aren't exactly ridiculous, but I've already blown through two opportunities to summon Lucatiel, not because I see her and failed, but because I kept forgetting to use her. I'd already have two phantoms with me by the time I got to the bosses. I'm willing to try to Bonfire Ascetic way though, as opposed to NG+ or even making a new character for that purpose. I only have one. Does anybody know if you get more later? I'm assuming you would but you can never be too sure with this game.

Also, if I were to buy her gear after killing her, would that not unlock the trophy?

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    I can vouch that if a Phantom dies during a boss fight and you die also that you can summon the phantom again for the fight (but sometimes you may need to travel first). You can also use Bonfire Ascetics to up the difficulty and have another shot at the fight.
    This is correct. If the phantom happens to die during the fight, just get yourself killed, get human again, and re-summon.

Additionally, let's say you're successful or really good with a particular boss, say Flexile Sentry. After killing him once with Lucatiel, you can use the ascetic, making the boss re-spawn, although he will be NG+ strength, re-summon Lucatiel and fight Flexile again and it'll count as a 2nd time (assuming you keep Lucatiel alive). You could actually do it as many times as you want. You can get the 3 'survives' using the same boss if you don't feel like being bothered with the rest, or want to be re-assured that you get the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    I'm willing to try to Bonfire Ascetic way though, as opposed to NG+ or even making a new character for that purpose. I only have one. Does anybody know if you get more later? I'm assuming you would but you can never be too sure with this game.

Also, if I were to buy her gear after killing her, would that not unlock the trophy?
    First off, keep in mind that if you use the ascetic, the boss goes into NG+ mode while your phantom remains at NG, so it may be tougher than just starting a fresh playthrough, or going into NG+.

To answer your first question, you can create up to 10 characters, if I'm not mistaken.

To answer your second question, no, you cannot unlock the trophy that way. The ONLY way to unlock the various gear trophies is to have the NPC's give you their respective gear.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    To answer your first question, you can create up to 10 characters
    I was actually referring to bonfire ascetics, not characters. Lol. In either case, you've been very helpful, as always. I'll probably use the two bonfire ascetics I have both on the flexible sentries. Those mofos were pretty easy. If I do that I'll be able to summon her twice there, and I'll legitimately summon her at the last available place to do so since I haven't already.

One more ore quesion involving bonfire ascetics: if I use one in No-Man's Wharf, will the pharros contraption I've set off remain lit? I'd hate to have to use another lockstone just to keep the darkstalkers at bay.

KCCO!

I was actually referring to bonfire ascetics, not characters. Lol.One more ore quesion involving bonfire ascetics: if I use one in No-Man's Wharf, will the pharros contraption I've set off remain lit? I'd hate to have to use another lockstone just to keep the darkstalkers at bay.
    Oh, I was mistaken. Yes, you can acquire some through the game, but they're scarce as far as I can tell.

As far as the Pharros' contraption is concerned, I would assume it stays lit. You can always join the Rat Covenant and "farm" lockstones.

Bringing the PAIN

I was actually referring to bonfire ascetics, not characters. Lol. In either case, you've been very helpful, as always. I'll probably use the two bonfire ascetics I have both on the flexible sentries. Those mofos were pretty easy. If I do that I'll be able to summon her twice there, and I'll legitimately summon her at the last available place to do so since I haven't already.

One more ore quesion involving bonfire ascetics: if I use one in No-Man's Wharf, will the pharros contraption I've set off remain lit? I'd hate to have to use another lockstone just to keep the darkstalkers at bay.
    Hey man, I was in the same boat petty much, idk if I got lucky or what, but here's what happened. Dark Souls II Trophy Guide - Discussion - PS3 Trophies Forum

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Hey man, I was in the same boat petty much, idk if I got lucky or what, but here's what happened. Dark Souls II Trophy Guide - Discussion - PS3 Trophies Forum
    Ugh. I'm so tempted to try the easy way out for that. It's too risky though. What I'll do is wait until I'm near the end of the game to make a decision either way.

As as for farming pharros lockstones, or any of the covenant requirements, that actually seems like it would be another tedious trophy, but possible to do. I'm not lookin forward to invading or being invaded, TBH.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    Maxing out the Sunbro's should be a breeze, and as far as I know there's no need to do any invading or to get invaded for any trophy all the miracles, hexes, pyromancies and sorcercies are purchasable under certain conditions. I'm well over half way through the game and the only time I've been invaded was by mutual consent.
    Yer pretty lucky. I've had to kill three invaders in a row once. One was in the Bastille. I was going to go check out the belfry when I saw the red sign on the ground. I figured I had nothing to lose so I summoned dude. He got owned. Then I had two face two grey spirits at the same time once I entered the belfry. I managed to kill them both, though the first one had did an AoE pyromancy, and by the time it hit me I had already hit the second one with my final blow. That death was glitchy, however, as I had the ring of life protection on me. It broke, obviously, and I remained human but I had to retrieve my souls. That had never happened before.

Bob 'n' Becca

I would just like to confirm that you CAN get her trophy without summoning her. I've met her in all four locations and EXHAUSTED her dialogue at each. When I met her at Aldia's Keep she spoke with me and gave me her gear and the trophy popped.

KCCO!

I would just like to confirm that you CAN get her trophy without summoning her. I've met her in all four locations and EXHAUSTED her dialogue at each. When I met her at Aldia's Keep she spoke with me and gave me her gear and the trophy popped.
    That's interesting. I have yet to get the trophy, and I'm tempted to try this, but I'm scared that it may not work and I'll have to do yet another playthrough.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    That's interesting. I have yet to get the trophy, and I'm tempted to try this, but I'm scared that it may not work and I'll have to do yet another playthrough.

Well, if it makes you feel better, the same strategy has not worked for me with Benhart. At this point its looking like I may be doing a NG+ just for his trophy, which sucks. Unless I've missed talking to him somewhere, which I don't see how that would be possible, he has not given me his sword merely for talking to him. As for you trying this strategy with Lucatiel, you could always get her locations available, save yer game to the cloud, then attempt to talk to her. If it doesn't work you could always just reload the save from the cloud.

Bringing the PAIN

Hitman he pretty much confirmed what happened to me. I also just reached the same point in NG+ and she gave me her gear again with no summoning. Looks like Jugo must be summoned but Luca can just be spoken to. DO ET!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Hitman he pretty much confirmed what happened to me. I also just reached the same point in NG+ and she gave me her gear again with no summoning. Looks like Jugo must be summoned but Luca can just be spoken to. DO ET!
    I'll add it as a note to the guide.