View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

2 20.00%
  • Moderate

5 50.00%
  • Hard

3 30.00%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dark Souls II forum, part of the D; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

The Incredible Marccap

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

PRO Member

I voted moderate. That being said, it's a Souls game, so take that with a grain of salt. For me, it's a matter of learning animations, attack patterns, and your environment. Once you have those factors down, it's a fairly straight forward experience.

There's several NPC summons to assist you during boss fights, yet if you didn't follow the scripted events to unlock them, there's still plenty of people online able to assist you. Most the time, it's making sure you stay alive so your comrades can go to work on the boss (simply because if you die, everyone dies, making the entire battle pointless).

Good luck everyone!
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

I voted Hard.

The hardest trophie i gues was keeping Luciatel alive during fights. That was frustrating. I diden't try for that trophie untill ng+ and i don't recommend that.
    As far as the mirical and the spells trophie i only gain rank for the hex and sourcery spell. Pyro and mirical i went for another playthrough ng++. it would take forever if i had gain rank for those, but if you like pvp then i gues it would be nice. It takes alot of hours getting this plat and i think the time+ the game pops this up to hard. I still haven't discovered everything about the game i think.

Lvl 223 and 88 hours.

Anyway awsome games they are the best.
    Last edited by ěl_brilla; 04-12-2014 at 03:06 AM.

KCCO!

I voted Moderate. The platinum didn't require nearly as much as previous Souls games for the plat. The only really annoying trophies were the Lucatiel one and the ones where you needed magic to get which was available through MP or playing through NG++. Other than that, far easier plat than previous games in the series.

Dull Ember

3 moderate, nothing too difficult. 104 hours soul level 140.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted Easy. the trophies are just time consuming. I feel that once you get the hang of the combat in either Dark Souls or Dark Souls II the only difficult part of a Dark Souls game is going up against someone one who is really good at pvp. That is also assuming that you usually summon other people to help with bosses. Getting all the miracles and pyromancies is what is going to take you to new game++, but by then the game gets pretty easy.

Bob 'n' Becca

I voted Easy. I don't know if that's because I'm comparing it to the previous games (which it is way easier than), but I definitely didn't have that much trouble with this one. It was a single-player experience, and I was only hindered by one thing that caused me to need an extra playthrough. Fun, fun game, just not entirely difficult.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Platinum Procrastinator

I voted moderate because of the time involved and for some of the bosses. Its probably the easiest of the Souls series though.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!