Dark Sorcerer Navlaan

This is a discussion on Dark Sorcerer Navlaan within the Dark Souls II forum, part of the D; Okay, so I've beaten the game and now I'm trying to do cleanup for sorceries, etc. That's all I've really ...

Bob 'n' Becca

Dark Sorcerer Navlaan

Okay, so I've beaten the game and now I'm trying to do cleanup for sorceries, etc. That's all I've really got left before the platinum. I'm going through the guide and it says that the only way I can get the Unleash Magic sorcery is by doing Navlaan's assassination missions. The problem with this is that I wasn't hollow when I first encountered him, so I freed him. Is there no way for me get this sorcery from him without having to do NG+? If I have to play the game again, I'll seriously say eff this platinum. Please let me know folks. I've read that I can kill him and he drops it but I've also read that he only drops his hood.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Okay, so I've beaten the game and now I'm trying to do cleanup for sorceries, etc. That's all I've really got left before the platinum. I'm going through the guide and it says that the only way I can get the Unleash Magic sorcery is by doing Navlaan's assassination missions. The problem with this is that I wasn't hollow when I first encountered him, so I freed him. Is there no way for me get this sorcery from him without having to do NG+? If I have to play the game again, I'll seriously say eff this platinum. Please let me know folks. I've read that I can kill him and he drops it but I've also read that he only drops his hood.
    Yeah, I think you're screwed. You have to talk to him as a hollow (to talk to his insane side) and he'll offer the assassination missions. You'll have to go into NG+ or whatever.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yeah, I think you're screwed. You have to talk to him as a hollow (to talk to his insane side) and he'll offer the assassination missions. You'll have to go into NG+ or whatever.
    Hitman of all the times you've been useful, this has not been one. Lol. I could never say eff it to the plat, so it looks like I'll be going for a NG+. Damnit.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by 957_bob_hollywood_13_hfs View Post
    hitman of all the times you've been useful, this has not been one. Lol.
    :xd: ...............
    Last edited by Hitman; 04-09-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Bob 'n' Becca

If instead I decide to make an entirely new character, does anyone have any suggestion for a magic basic character build?

Bringing the PAIN

You have to do NG+ to get the platinum.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Bob 'n' Becca

It's going to be do hard. Lol. I've used bonfire ascetics in brightstone cove several times.