A Love/Hate Relationship

This is a discussion on A Love/Hate Relationship within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Although I've only recently started playing Dark Souls,(Almost to the Bell Gargoyles boss) and haven't made it to the truly ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A Love/Hate Relationship

Although I've only recently started playing Dark Souls,(Almost to the Bell Gargoyles boss) and haven't made it to the truly hard enemies,I find myself strangely addicted to it even though I'm sucking pretty hard at it. When I'm playing it,and dying,I curse it,but when I'm not playing,I find myself thinking about it quite a bit,watching videos and just trying to gain more of an overall knowledge of how to play the game properly and kill those asshole bosses.I thought I was going to hate this game after hearing about how hard it was,and although I do at times despise it,I can't help but love it.

Nope, nothing

Yeah, that's what it does to you. It's because it gives you a great sense of accomplishment when you actually finish a section of the game, or kill and enemy that's been giving you trouble.

It's going to just get better/more addictive/even more frustrating

The One and Only

I now know what to expect when I play Dark Souls again (barely played it). Thanks for the heads up on my future Love/Hate Relationship with it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've just started my second play through, I found the experience to be very rewarding so far. I am very thankful to the hundreds of hours people have spent putting information into the trophy guide here and the wiki pages on other sites. Otherwise I'm sure I would still be stuck on the Bed of Chaos boss... god that was annoying. Good luck making it through the last part of the game, especially with cutting of Seathe the Scaleless tail for the weapon...

PRO Member

Yeah i played 5 rounds! And there is still more i can do in the game. As for the pvp i was angry at the beginning because there was always a dude that kicked my ass, but this change after you get to know the game a bit ofc. This game is so awsome i just loved every second of it! Including the first fight with havel. This game is worth every damn cent.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumOmega View Post
    Although I've only recently started playing Dark Souls,(Almost to the Bell Gargoyles boss) and haven't made it to the truly hard enemies,I find myself strangely addicted to it even though I'm sucking pretty hard at it. When I'm playing it,and dying,I curse it,but when I'm not playing,I find myself thinking about it quite a bit,watching videos and just trying to gain more of an overall knowledge of how to play the game properly and kill those asshole bosses.I thought I was going to hate this game after hearing about how hard it was,and although I do at times despise it,I can't help but love it.
    That's how it'll be at first. Just keep pressing on, once you get to Anor Londo, you won't be able to put it down, I guarantee it.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Everytime you get to a new area it feels hard becasue you dont know what to expect but after you die a dozen times you'll get used to the enemies/boss and can breeze through them eventually.
    "There was never a good war, or a bad peace." Benjamin Franklin

"He who angers you, conquers you." Elizabeth Kenny

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Liability View Post
    Everytime you get to a new area it feels hard becasue you dont know what to expect but after you die a dozen times you'll get used to the enemies/boss and can breeze through them eventually.
    That's pretty much the design of Demon's Souls and this game.. though they admitted they did some parts, JUST so you die and it's not even fair in the slightest, however, it is possible to pass in time as granted by mine and others plats and skills into the game .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay