Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 234

The Official Dark Souls Boosting Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Dark Souls Boosting Thread within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by Hitman People should realize that the match-making, to my knowledge, still hasn't been fixed in Dark Souls, ...

  1. #21
    Vous et tres belle, PSN
    G-rey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    27
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    People should realize that the match-making, to my knowledge, still hasn't been fixed in Dark Souls, even with patch 1.05. You'll have a hard time finding each other, even with server-hopping.



    That's not true.

    I never could play with anyone before the patch, but that night I played with a friend----we must have joined each other a dozen times that night slaying bosses and things (and dying and re-joining) all night long.

    It works. It worked for me anyway, and it was easy, and remarkably consistent. For me, the patch fixed the game (even got rid of the lag at Sif).


    Doesn't really matter more. Nobody really ended up using this boosting thread, I never boosted in Demon's Souls but I don't read the guides on Dark Souls, just going at it (at least for the first playthrough) however I can and I've always wanted to have a partner in the game for some of the battles but this site kinda lost a lot of people and this thread wasn't really useful until recently anyway.



  2. #22
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by G-rey View Post
    Doesn't really matter more. Nobody really ended up using this boosting thread, I never boosted in Demon's Souls but I don't read the guides on Dark Souls, just going at it (at least for the first playthrough) however I can and I've always wanted to have a partner in the game for some of the battles but this site kinda lost a lot of people and this thread wasn't really useful until recently anyway.
    Well its nice to see you're still around G-rey. I checked this thread yesterday and thought you were one of the people who left with all the lack of purple posting as of late. You can add me if you like (PSN ID is Denaratuck) to try and help you with some of the areas or bosses as I'm still on my first playthrough, I think around level 40. That goes for anybody else who needs help and wants to meet up.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  3. #23
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    I read somewhere that if you don't see your friend's summon sign, they can try to remove it and then put it down again. Trying it over and over may show it up in your world. Again, this is just what I read, but if it's possible I'd be willing to team up with someone for some NG+ action. I'm currently at SL 120, so if you want to play just add me. jackattack1398 is my gamertag.

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  4. #24
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I read somewhere that if you don't see your friend's summon sign, they can try to remove it and then put it down again. Trying it over and over may show it up in your world. Again, this is just what I read, but if it's possible I'd be willing to team up with someone for some NG+ action. I'm currently at SL 120, so if you want to play just add me. jackattack1398 is my gamertag.
    I'm about 1 boss away (not including Gwynn) from finishing NG. I can probably level up a bit once I hit NG+ and we can try to co-op again, if you want.

  5. #25
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I'm about 1 boss away (not including Gwynn) from finishing NG. I can probably level up a bit once I hit NG+ and we can try to co-op again, if you want.
    Sure, just message me when you're within my range and are available.

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  6. #26
    :platinum: since Oct 08
    LinuxSteven301's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    55
    Reputation
    3

    Ok this is a longshot but I'm soul level 144 and made mistake of using sif's soul twice for cursed version of sword, willing to trade for either of the other two items used with sif soul either Greatshield of Artorias or true greatsword of artorias.


    On December 7th 2011 linux got on Dark Souls

    Was missing a Channeler's Trident for Knights Honor which held up my plat.
    Last edited by LinuxSteven301; 12-07-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: found item needing for boosting

  7. #27
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxSteven301 View Post
    Ok this is a longshot but I'm soul level 144 and made mistake of using sif's soul twice for cursed version of sword, willing to trade for either of the other two items used with sif soul either Greatshield of Artorias or true greatsword of artorias.
    Well, if I reach your SL and you're still in need, we can trade. We both have the cursed version, but I plan on making the true version in NG+. If you could make the shield, that'd be good. Then we can just briefly trade (or dupe) and we're set. Obviously, this is all contingent on the match-making actually working, which seems like there's still some debate about.

  8. #28
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxSteven301 View Post
    Ok this is a longshot but I'm soul level 144 and made mistake of using sif's soul twice for cursed version of sword, willing to trade for either of the other two items used with sif soul either Greatshield of Artorias or true greatsword of artorias.
    I just started NG+ last night and I'm still currently sitting at soul level 36. However, I plan on jumping to 120+ shortly so I might be able to help you out. I have the true greatsword so I'll probably make the shield this time with Sif's soul.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  9. #29
    Vous et tres belle, PSN
    G-rey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    27
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Well its nice to see you're still around G-rey. I checked this thread yesterday and thought you were one of the people who left with all the lack of purple posting as of late. You can add me if you like (PSN ID is Denaratuck) to try and help you with some of the areas or bosses as I'm still on my first playthrough, I think around level 40. That goes for anybody else who needs help and wants to meet up.


    Thanks for that

    This thread is pretty much dead though. There is no way to have a successful boosting group in this game if they don't exist, know what I mean? Demon's Souls was a better time for the site. Like, for example, I missed a special weapon on a boss last night. I could use help to get it. I don't power level or cheat, but there's nothing to do here, I'm better off just getting random people online and just playing the game. I'm definitely not going for the platinum-------it's a lot of work, and it would only be fun enough to put that kind of time into it if I had friends from here to play with in the game. Instead, the thread just kinda got looked over when many people left around the time of the data loss. I'm not going to boost this game----I didn't boost Demon's Souls, but Dark Souls is simply too big and too long to go for the platinum without it. I've got other games to play, you know? No worries.


  10. #30
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by G-rey View Post


    Thanks for that

    This thread is pretty much dead though. There is no way to have a successful boosting group in this game if they don't exist, know what I mean? Demon's Souls was a better time for the site. Like, for example, I missed a special weapon on a boss last night. I could use help to get it. I don't power level or cheat, but there's nothing to do here, I'm better off just getting random people online and just playing the game. I'm definitely not going for the platinum-------it's a lot of work, and it would only be fun enough to put that kind of time into it if I had friends from here to play with in the game. Instead, the thread just kinda got looked over when many people left around the time of the data loss. I'm not going to boost this game----I didn't boost Demon's Souls, but Dark Souls is simply too big and too long to go for the platinum without it. I've got other games to play, you know? No worries.

    I'm not sure that it necessarily got looked over because people left. The issue as I see it is that aside from you, no one has been able to successfully match-make with any of their friends, so the boosting thread hasn't been useful. I'm more than willing to try with whomever to match-make. JackAttack and I are going to give it a try and we'll be sitting around SL 120 or so. If anyone else is interested, hit me up on PSN and we can see if the patch has improved match-making for anyone other than G-rey!

  11. #31
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    Well I was planning on hitting around soul level 120 on NG+ but so far I've only made the jump from 36 to 52 and everything has been going smoothly. I don't know if I'll progress any further than this unless I have to so it might actually be NG++ before I break into the hundreds. However, I'll probably more than likely jump that high eventually to try and help other people get the items they need for the Knight's Honor trophy.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  12. #32
    Vous et tres belle, PSN
    G-rey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    27
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I'm not sure that it necessarily got looked over because people left. The issue as I see it is that aside from you, no one has been able to successfully match-make with any of their friends, so the boosting thread hasn't been useful. I'm more than willing to try with whomever to match-make. JackAttack and I are going to give it a try and we'll be sitting around SL 120 or so. If anyone else is interested, hit me up on PSN and we can see if the patch has improved match-making for anyone other than G-rey!

    Of course it helped more than just me.

    I played Tuesday night with the same friend, we played several times together, beat the painted world on his game, then on mine but he died in the middle of it so I went to get him back again, and it worked every time. If people wanted to boost they would use the thread, it's just not like Demon's Souls. I give you my word, it works. If it doesn't, reset and try again, and make sure you haven't beaten the boss of that world yet and you're near the same soul level. It works.

  13. #33
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by G-rey View Post

    Of course it helped more than just me.

    I played Tuesday night with the same friend, we played several times together, beat the painted world on his game, then on mine but he died in the middle of it so I went to get him back again, and it worked every time. If people wanted to boost they would use the thread, it's just not like Demon's Souls. I give you my word, it works. If it doesn't, reset and try again, and make sure you haven't beaten the boss of that world yet and you're near the same soul level. It works.
    I too can confirm it works now although I haven't tried officially boosting. However, when I was in Sens Fortress last night I summoned several people and when they died, I ran back to the beginning of the level and was able to summon them again. The same thing happened to me today in the Painted World. I seen the same summon signs over and over when either they or I died and returned to the fire at the beginning of the level.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  14. #34
    дурак
    Vulgar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    1,389
    Reputation
    109

    I wouldn't mind if a few people wanted to mess around with the multiplayer some time. I'm a low level, but I'll update when I get stronger and whatnot.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

  15. #35
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I wouldn't mind if a few people wanted to mess around with the multiplayer some time. I'm a low level, but I'll update when I get stronger and whatnot.
    If you're around my level (52) let me know and what area you want to meet up at and I\ll gladly try and help you. I always try and help other people defeat the levels/bosses whenever I can or until I get bored of waiting for people to summon me.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  16. #36
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I too can confirm it works now although I haven't tried officially boosting. However, when I was in Sens Fortress last night I summoned several people and when they died, I ran back to the beginning of the level and was able to summon them again. The same thing happened to me today in the Painted World. I seen the same summon signs over and over when either they or I died and returned to the fire at the beginning of the level.
    I don't doubt that it works as you say. The issue isn't resummong someone. The issue is getting the soul sign of the person you want to appear to show up to begin with. Let's say I want to play with JackAttack. We may spend hours laying down soul signs for each other and never be able to meet, all the while, I could be seeing the same soul sign of a random over and over again who apparently has latched onto whatever server I'm on as well. That's the issue--meeting up with whom you want to meet up with, and from the stories I've read, not many people have been successful, but it is possible.

  17. #37
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by G-rey View Post
    If people wanted to boost they would use the thread, it's just not like Demon's Souls. I give you my word, it works. If it doesn't, reset and try again...
    G-rey, once I've gotten it figured out and have successfully boosted with people on here,I will spread wonderous tales of your boosting thread throughout all of Lordran ... erm, I mean .com.

  18. #38
    Vous et tres belle, PSN
    G-rey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    27
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    G-rey, once I've gotten it figured out and have successfully boosted with people on here,I will spread wonderous tales of your boosting thread throughout all of Lordran ... erm, I mean .com.

    But it DOES work, and I can confirm it, and yet here we are, dead thread.

    If it doesn't work for you, go back to the main screen and load it up and try again. Stay in communications with whoever it is you're trying to play with so they know where you are and when you are putting your soul sign down, etc. Make sure to be within a few levels of each other, and make sure the person summoning the other is human AND hasn't beaten the area boss yet, whatever area you're in.

    Special note------a human player can be summoned by another human player.


  19. #39
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by G-rey View Post

    But it DOES work, and I can confirm it, and yet here we are, dead thread.

    If it doesn't work for you, go back to the main screen and load it up and try again. Stay in communications with whoever it is you're trying to play with so they know where you are and when you are putting your soul sign down, etc. Make sure to be within a few levels of each other, and make sure the person summoning the other is human AND hasn't beaten the area boss yet, whatever area you're in.

    Special note------a human player can be summoned by another human player.

    G-rey, I have no doubt that it worked for you. I would like it to work for ME. I'm just waiting for someone that I can try to match-make with.

  20. #40
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    So, right now I'm in Anor Londo, sitting at Soul Level 120-ish, give or take a couple of levels. Anyone interested in trying to match-make later on this evening?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO