Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

The Official Dark Souls Boosting Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Dark Souls Boosting Thread within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by Hitman So, right now I'm in Anor Londo, sitting at Soul Level 120-ish, give or take a ...

Vous et tres belle, PSN

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    So, right now I'm in Anor Londo, sitting at Soul Level 120-ish, give or take a couple of levels. Anyone interested in trying to match-make later on this evening?

You're in Anor Londo but you're level 120?! I am there too, did the painted world already but I'm only like level 72 I think, and I leveled up a few times just to do it! I would join you for sure, but our levels are too far apart.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by G-rey View Post

You're in Anor Londo but you're level 120?! I am there too, did the painted world already but I'm only like level 72 I think, and I leveled up a few times just to do it! I would join you for sure, but our levels are too far apart.

Well, I'm in NG+, which may account for why I'm so high. No worries, G; maybe next time.

Platinum Procrastinator

I'd try and help you Hitman but I'm still only level 52. You should have no problem summoning people in Anor Londo though as I was able to summon two people on multiple occasions tonight when trying to clear the level. However, that's probably because there were more people around level 50 than 120.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I'd try and help you Hitman but I'm still only level 52. You should have no problem summoning people in Anor Londo though as I was able to summon two people on multiple occasions tonight when trying to clear the level. However, that's probably because there were more people around level 50 than 120.
    Yeah, I gave it another shot last night, and here's the wrap-up.

I tried playing offline (I'll explain why momentarily), and summoning only Solaire for the fight. I need Ornstein's souls, so keep that in mind. I can pretty much kill Smough within 1-2 minutes easily with Pyromancy. Solaire actually does a pretty decent job of keeping Ornstein occupied. Unfortunately, after Ornstein enters Super Saiyan mode, Solaire's HP is so low that he dies shortly thereafter and I'm stuck with Super Saiyan Ornstein, with almost no Pyromancy left, so I resort to melee. Needless to say, getting close to that guy and avoiding taking damage is a tough feat.

I tried playing online a few times with randoms. I was able to summon three people. I would also summon Solaire to serve as a distraction/lightning fodder. The first time I summoned a random, some jerk showed up and killed us--it was a blue-ish, black (?) phantom--not the typical red one, and I didn't even see the prompt saying that I was being invaded. He obviously saw us standing by the fog door and decided he'd kill us anyway. This happened another time, with someone else that I summoned, only that time it was a red phantom. So, the bottom line is, out of all the times I tried to summon someone, I got invaded most times even before I got a chance to fight the boss.

Honestly, having to deal with douchebag invaders just isn't worth it. I think I'm going to try my luck with just Solaire before I run out of Humanity.

Platinum Procrastinator

Well that sucks and I know all about being invaded when trying to fight them. Question, are you running to them from the bonfire inside the building or from the one by the fire keeper who turns hostile once you kill Gwydolin? I find there are always more people available to summon from the one inside the building close to the room with all of the dragon/drake heads.

Also, when you're fighting them, what shield are you using? I always use the Eagle Shield as it has one, if not the highest lighting resistances in the game as well as having good stability to strength requirements. I upgraded mine to +15 and only switched between the Crest, Spider, and Dark Knight Shields throughout NG+ and ++ depending on the circumstances. Ie, Magic, Poison, and fire.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hi friends. I am on my phone so pardon my limited searching ability...I am not sure this is the correct thread but I am only missing the great lords greatsword for the knights honor trophy. I Have played through helping people with co op like seven times worth lol and would like to avoid going through half again. I would really appreciate it if a trade or even just lettn me hold it could be made happen. I am level 170 and I will help however I can..message me on psn at guardian03 please. Thank you in advance. And sorry if I put this in the incorrect thread.

edit-got it. thanks everyone.willing to help people still if around my level.
    Last edited by guardian03; 12-16-2011 at 10:05 AM.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Well that sucks and I know all about being invaded when trying to fight them. Question, are you running to them from the bonfire inside the building or from the one by the fire keeper who turns hostile once you kill Gwydolin? I find there are always more people available to summon from the one inside the building close to the room with all of the dragon/drake heads.

Also, when you're fighting them, what shield are you using? I always use the Eagle Shield as it has one, if not the highest lighting resistances in the game as well as having good stability to strength requirements. I upgraded mine to +15 and only switched between the Crest, Spider, and Dark Knight Shields throughout NG+ and ++ depending on the circumstances. Ie, Magic, Poison, and fire.
    I'm coming from the room where Solaire is sitting in, but I typically try to pick up the soul signs right at the boss fog. That way, when the person shows up, we don't have to fight our way through enemies to get to the boss.

I'm currently using the Crystal Shield since it has 100% physical damage reduction and 80% lightning damage reduction. I know I have an Eagle shield, but it's probably in my Bottomless Box. I'll look into it. I tried to take them on again earlier this afternoon and had Super Ornstein down to about 40% health and was doing well until he caught me in a combo and I died.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Hitman, I should be free tomorrow evening if you want to hit me up at that time for co-op. I'd rather put my soul sign in the room with the bonfire if that's okay with you. It should end up being pretty easy for you, compared to going at the level alone for a bit. Anor Londo enemies hit hard. D:

And the blue phantoms are invaders that belong to the Blade of the Darkmoon Covenant, it seems you've been naughty and got yourself sinned. D:

Hopefully we'll knock 'em out of the park in one or two tries, as long as you can actually see my soul sign.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Hitman, I should be free tomorrow evening if you want to hit me up at that time for co-op. I'd rather put my soul sign in the room with the bonfire if that's okay with you. It should end up being pretty easy for you, compared to going at the level alone for a bit. Anor Londo enemies hit hard. D:

And the blue phantoms are invaders that belong to the Blade of the Darkmoon Covenant, it seems you've been naughty and got yourself sinned. D:

Hopefully we'll knock 'em out of the park in one or two tries, as long as you can actually see my soul sign.
    It's actually not that difficult for me to get to the boss fog. From the 'Solaire' room, I go up the stairs and then jump over the railing to the hallway that leads to the boss-antechamber. I completely by-pass the room with the two silver/black knights. Once I'm in the antechamber, I just take the three dudes (the two sentinels and the black knight archer) out with poison/fire arrows. From bonfire to boss fog, it takes me about 5 minutes to do. I think it'd take us longer if I had to meet you in the 'Solaire' room because we'd have to clear the room with the two knights in it as well, but if that's what you want to do, that's fine with me. The only thing I'm afraid of is more douche-bag invaders. I just want to get this fight over with. Again, if it weren't for me having to get Ornstein's soul, I would've finished it by now.

EDIT: I'll try to clear the path before summoning you. That way, we can just make a mad dash for the boss fog.

Also, yeah, I figured the blue phantom was some kind of special asshole, but the thing is, I haven't sinned. I obviously haven't killed Gwynevere, and I haven't even been down to the bonfire near Gwyndolin. I also certainly haven't attacked the Lady of the Darkling, so I don't know what happened there, unless the person I summoned brought the blue phantom with them. Is there some other way of 'sinning' that I don't know about?

Legendary...Nuff Said

It's actually not that difficult for me to get to the boss fog. From the 'Solaire' room, I go up the stairs and then jump over the railing to the hallway that leads to the boss-antechamber. I completely by-pass the room with the two silver/black knights. Once I'm in the antechamber, I just take the three dudes (the two sentinels and the black knight archer) out with poison/fire arrows. From bonfire to boss fog, it takes me about 5 minutes to do. I think it'd take us longer if I had to meet you in the 'Solaire' room because we'd have to clear the room with the two knights in it as well, but if that's what you want to do, that's fine with me. The only thing I'm afraid of is more douche-bag invaders. I just want to get this fight over with. Again, if it weren't for me having to get Ornstein's soul, I would've finished it by now.

EDIT: I'll try to clear the path before summoning you. That way, we can just make a mad dash for the boss fog.

Also, yeah, I figured the blue phantom was some kind of special asshole, but the thing is, I haven't sinned. I obviously haven't killed Gwynevere, and I haven't even been down to the bonfire near Gwyndolin. I also certainly haven't attacked the Lady of the Darkling, so I don't know what happened there, unless the person I summoned brought the blue phantom with them. Is there some other way of 'sinning' that I don't know about?
    Hurting, killing, or hitting an NPC counts as sinning, as does abandoning a covenant without speaking with Oswald of Carim first. Even if you've done something minute, it still counts and you'll still be invaded. Also, if we do get invaded, just make a mad dash to the boss door. They get sent back to their home world if we go through the fog.

And don't worry about clearing out enemies. I can 3-4 shot the Giant Sentinels, and Silver Knights aren't too bad if you can parry.

KCCO!

Hurting, killing, or hitting an NPC counts as sinning, as does abandoning a covenant without speaking with Oswald of Carim first. Even if you've done something minute, it still counts and you'll still be invaded. Also, if we do get invaded, just make a mad dash to the boss door. They get sent back to their home world if we go through the fog.

And don't worry about clearing out enemies. I can 3-4 shot the Giant Sentinels, and Silver Knights aren't too bad if you can parry.
    Any NPC, or just the Anor Londo ones? I thought it only counted if you did it with the Anor Londo ones. I did kill Petrus earlier on in the game. It'll cost me a pretty penny to get Absolution at this SL.

EDIT: I just checked. It cost 500 souls per Soul Level to get absolution. That runs me about 60,000 souls, which isn't bad at all. I think I'll go get absolution and pick up more rings of sacrifice in one trip. At last getting absolution will reduce the chances of invasion.

As far as taking out the enemies, I didn't want to risk you losing HP before the boss. Think we'll need Solaire?

Legendary...Nuff Said

Any NPC, or just the Anor Londo ones? I thought it only counted if you did it with the Anor Londo ones. I did kill Petrus earlier on in the game. It'll cost me a pretty penny to get Absolution at this SL.

EDIT: I just checked. It cost 500 souls per Soul Level to get absolution. That runs me about 60,000 souls, which isn't bad at all. I think I'll go get absolution and pick up more rings of sacrifice in one trip. At last getting absolution will reduce the chances of invasion.

As far as taking out the enemies, I didn't want to risk you losing HP before the boss. Think we'll need Solaire?
    I'd say just nab Solaire before we go to the boss, just so he can act as a meat shield while we take them on lol.

And also, don't bother going to get an Absolution. All it does is reset NPC hostility, it does NOT get your name off of the Book of the Guilty, so you will still be invaded.

Legendary...Nuff Said

I'd say just nab Solaire before we go to the boss, just so he can act as a meat shield while we take them on lol.

And also, don't bother going to get an Absolution. All it does is reset NPC hostility, it does NOT get your name off of the Book of the Guilty, so you will still be invaded.

KCCO!

I figured it'd get my name off the Book of the Guilty. Fuck that, then! The only NPC that would be hostile is now dead, so I guess I have no need for Absolution.

KCCO!

Well, here's an update as far as the co-op match-making is concerned. Last night I tried playing with JackAttack. We decided to meet up in the room in Anor Londo where Solaire is sitting by the fire, trying to warm himself up. I managed to catch Jack's soul sign after about 2 minutes and we were able to vanquish Smough and Ornstein. We figured it was a sign of things to come, how easy we met up.

We, then, tried our luck at New Londo Ruins. Unfortunately, I was never able to see his soul sign, even after many re-drops and game restarts. So, it appears that they fixed the match-making somewhat.

Vous et tres belle, PSN

Well, here's an update as far as the co-op match-making is concerned. Last night I tried playing with JackAttack. We decided to meet up in the room in Anor Londo where Solaire is sitting by the fire, trying to warm himself up. I managed to catch Jack's soul sign after about 2 minutes and we were able to vanquish Smough and Ornstein. We figured it was a sign of things to come, how easy we met up.

We, then, tried our luck at New Londo Ruins. Unfortunately, I was never able to see his soul sign, even after many re-drops and game restarts. So, it appears that they fixed the match-making somewhat.
    See? Told you it would work!

I don't know why you're having so much trouble every time though. Usually I can find my friends quick, sometimes it takes a reload or two but that's it. Try putting the sign down away from the bonfire as they are always popular spots. I'm at the bonfire in Anor Londo you guys met at, very exciting.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by G-rey View Post
    See? Told you it would work!

I don't know why you're having so much trouble every time though. Usually I can find my friends quick, sometimes it takes a reload or two but that's it. Try putting the sign down away from the bonfire as they are always popular spots. I'm at the bonfire in Anor Londo you guys met at, very exciting.

Yes, I was quite surprised when I finally saw Jack's soul sign in Anor Londo. I think Jack was as well. In New Londo, we're trying to meet up at the platform past the first wooden bridge. Perhaps we have to go a bit further in; I'm not sure.

KCCO!

Well, tried another session of co-op again and it worked well. Jack placed his soul sign in New Londo on the second bridge leading to the first area, and we were able to connect very quickly. We'll be trying in the Duke's Archives next. So far, patch 1.05 seems to have vastly improved match-making; G-rey was right.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I need help with the Tomb of the giants, its to dark and i cant see anything I'm at the first bonfire. Im SL 40 and still a noob, lol.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by OMG_Its_Jeff View Post
    I need help with the Tomb of the giants, its to dark and i cant see anything I'm at the first bonfire. Im SL 40 and still a noob, lol.
    You'll never find your way around in the dark. There are 3 ways to navigate the Tomb of the Giants. You'll need one of these things:

• Skull Lantern - There is one half-way through the Tomb of the Giants. Alternatively, sometimes the necromancers in the Catacombs drop one.
    • Cast Light spell - Can be bought off of Dusk of Oolacile in Darkroot Basin.
    • Sunlight Maggot Helm - Have to be Chaos Servant Covenant rank +2 and access the shortcut into Lost Izalith.

The easiest one to get is probably Cast Light. It'll illuminate your way in the ToG. I would help you, but I'm SL 140 or so.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast