Kingseeker Frampt Glitch - Easy (albeit time-consuming) way to earn souls

This is a discussion on Kingseeker Frampt Glitch - Easy (albeit time-consuming) way to earn souls within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; So today I was playing Dark Souls and I fed Frampt my Cat Covenant Ring, since I was no longer ...

Legendary...Nuff Said

Kingseeker Frampt Glitch - Easy (albeit time-consuming) way to earn souls

So today I was playing Dark Souls and I fed Frampt my Cat Covenant Ring, since I was no longer in the covenant and would no longer use it. I then went to go trade with Snuggly so I had to quit/reload my game. Upon coming back to Frampt at Firelink, I noticed that the chest behind him, which was previously open and had no items in it, was now closed. I went to open it and found that the Cat Covenant Ring was inside, ready for me to pick up.

So I was like, wait. I can trade an item for souls, and then get the item back anyway? So I did some more testing, and found that I could repeat the process over and over again.

I found that the reason I can get the ring again is that it's related to a covenant, and thus if I traded it away I wouldn't have access to that covenant's main thing. I found that this works for both the Cat Covenant Ring as well as the Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring, allowing you to get 2,000 souls per run.

You will find that it's much easier to farm via other means, such as the Sentinels in Anor Londo or the hunters in the Darkroot Garden. However, if you're someone who uses the Bottomless Box glitch, you may find this useful for some easy leveling early on. The glitch's use wears off as you level up more, and becomes much less useful later on.

I do not recommend utilizing glitches, I'm just merely sharing out information that I've personally found for those that do like to use them.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Harvester of Souls

Didn't know about those rings working that way. Be good thing for Hitman and I to include in the guide perhaps.. Actually nah, I don't like glitches >:F... but would that really be considered a glitch?

Know you can get couple thousand souls easy by buying prism orb things and then selling, but believe that was fixed in the latest patch.. unsure as can't path anyways .. >:F

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Didn't know about those rings working that way. Be good thing for Hitman and I to include in the guide perhaps.. Actually nah, I don't like glitches >:F... but would that really be considered a glitch?

Know you can get couple thousand souls easy by buying prism orb things and then selling, but believe that was fixed in the latest patch.. unsure as can't path anyways .. >:F
    Yeah, that was fixed in the latest patch. As of now I believe the only way to glitch souls is using the Bottomless Box glitch, but THAT is time consuming. This thing is pretty damn useless since you can only get 2,000 souls per run, but I thought it was pretty nifty so I decided to share.

Right now I think your best bets for farming souls are Anor Londo Sentinels, Forest Hunter NPCs, or collecting Humanity from the Baby Skellies in the Tomb of the Giants and then selling it to Frampt.

KCCO!

Certain rings (e.g., Covenant of Artorias, Orange Charred Ring) can be dropped anywhere in the game and will always re-appear in the box behind Frampt. I assume it's because they are quest-related items per se.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Certain rings (e.g., Covenant of Artorias, Orange Charred Ring) can be dropped anywhere in the game and will always re-appear in the box behind Frampt. I assume it's because they are quest-related items per se.
    Interesting. That'd mean you'd be able to get about 4,000 souls per run instead. Depending on how many 'quest related' rings there are, this could actually be a legitimate way to farm souls, even once you reach a relatively high SL.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Interesting. That'd mean you'd be able to get about 4,000 souls per run instead. Depending on how many 'quest related' rings there are, this could actually be a legitimate way to farm souls, even once you reach a relatively high SL.
    Well, those are the only two that I know of that are quest related (e.g., you lose them each additional playthrough). Although, you can dupe them using the bottomless box, so if you got to the point of beating Sif and restarted each time, you could end up with quite a few Covenants of Artorias.