Nero, Jack, and I are thinking about hosting a PvP tournament for Dark Souls. As of yet, this is merely an idea and the specifics have not been ironed out. However, here are some probable considerations for the tournament. Post if you're interested, and if there's enough interest in the tournament, we'll proceed forward with planning the details. Also, post if you have any comments on the items below so we can take them into consideration as well.
Rules and Regulations
- 140 Soul Level MAXIMUM! No exceptions! I'm assuming people will be somewhere within the 120-140 range, so that should be ok for match-making purposes. If you can't meet this, let me know ASAP so we can work something out.
- No CHAIN backstabbing! This is not a tactic that shows skill, and is cheap.
- All weapons are allowed except for the Stone Greatsword's R2 attack.
- All armor is allowed.
- All magic is allowed except for Tranquil Walk of Peace miracle.
- All rings are allowed except for the Hornet's Ring (unless both participants agree); the extra critical damage is too large to go unnoticed and a lucky backstab could make the difference between a win and a loss.
- Healing is to be done via Humanity/Divine Blessing, with a maximum 2-3 times depending on what the duelists agree upon.
1st Place Prize: All Knights Honor weapons and stone-upgraded weapons, and possibly some consumables (e.g., boss souls and other rare items).
2nd Place Prize: Knights Honor trophy weapons only.
3rd Place Prize: 2 Knights Honor trophy weapons of your choosing.
Consolation Prize: TBD, if anything. If you have any ideas, let me know. Something along the lines of a complete set of titanite slabs would be reasonable. Another option would be a set of 99 of the rare upgrade materials such as dragon scales or demon titanite.