Opinions on Points- Should I Purchase?

This is a discussion on Opinions on Points- Should I Purchase? within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; So i've seen a couple of threads in the dark soul's forum that will probably be similar to this so ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Opinions on Points- Should I Purchase?

So i've seen a couple of threads in the dark soul's forum that will probably be similar to this so on that front i know its somewhat useless but i'll just go through & ask my questions & hope I can get some good responses from those out there who have experienced the game.

First of all I would ask whether this game is worth the purchase but from what I have seen on videos & forum content, It very much seems that i don't even need to bother going to near this, so i will skip it.

Second of all is the comparison to Demons Soul's - About half way through 2010 I bought DS due to a friend having it & recommending it despite his caution because of the difficulty, I shrugged off the claims of difficulty & purchased the game only to find out his claims were true & after numerous cracks at the earlier levels I got hacked off by the game and took a break. Many weeks/months went by until I decided to pick the game up again after a sudden burst of courage & this time rather than all guns blazing & constant death, I took the cautious & less deadly approach to the game in which i suddenly found something from a game that i hadn't found before. Back on track to my point, How exactly do you believe demons soul's will compare to Dark Soul's both content wise & difficulty style as I have clearly learnt from DS that patience is key.

A third point that I will bring up is probably going to be answered by those who are truely fans of the game & keep upto date with it as the timeline progresses - In recent months of so, it was obviously annouced that DLC will be released for PC users & apparently so for the console gamers out there , I ask those who enjoy the game whether or not you believe i should wait for this to be released with the disc (if it ever is) or whether I should just purchase the game now & then if my enjoyment keeps continuing, I move on & buy the DLC from the PS Store

This is probably a long winded thread which will probably be scraped out over the internet but just for the sake of ease & the fact that i know there are those of you that are avid fans of the franchise on this site - So I hope I can see some nice responses in the future but I am already pumped for this game (despite it being about 10 months old)

Dull Ember

It's similar in gameplay style to Demons Souls. Combat and character builds are also very similar. The main difference I found was Dark Souls is more of an open world that opens out the more you explore it. Also the world/character tendency aspects of Demons Souls is not in Dark Souls but it contains Covenants which add a whole new dimension to the game(especially online). Also the trophy sets are slightly different with not as much grinding involved in Dark Souls.
    My advice is to get this game ASAP as it's great fun and don't worry too much about the DLC until it is available.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    It's similar in gameplay style to Demons Souls. Combat and character builds are also very similar. The main difference I found was Dark Souls is more of an open world that opens out the more you explore it. Also the world/character tendency aspects of Demons Souls is not in Dark Souls but it contains Covenants which add a whole new dimension to the game(especially online). Also the trophy sets are slightly different with not as much grinding involved in Dark Souls. My advice is to get this game ASAP as it's great fun and don't worry too much about the DLC until it is available.
    I, pretty much, agree with this. If you're familiar with Demon's Souls, you can jump right into Dark Souls. Many of the classes are the same or similar. The combat is very similar. Obviously, you've learned your lesson with regard to going in Rambo style.

The open world aspect does make the game slightly different, sometimes for good, and sometimes for bad. With Demon's Souls, if you wanted to go to a given area, you could just warp there via the archstone. Some places in Dark Souls require you to go through an entire area in order to get to the area you're trying to get to; there is no shortcut into it. Without an obvious tiered system serving as a guide, you may find yourself venturing into areas that are difficult and meant for higher-leveld/more-skilled players.

Overall, the difficulty is probably on par with Demon's Souls. I found that Dark Souls does have more "cheaper" deaths than DS, though.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm with hitman, personally Demons Souls was way better of a game for me than dark souls, both are easy in my opinion, but dark souls has moments where you have to die no matter what, deaths from traps, etc. also the open world system is kind of confusing as to where you are invading, where you are cooping, and just general gameplay, you more or less need to know the whole world in order to get around, where as DS you only needed to know that one section of the game

also dark souls pvp is somewhat dumb, as backstabs and parries have changed a lot from DS, parries I can agree with, but the backstabs I don't, along with this pvp is not necessarily dominated by a certain build (obviously magic still sucks in pvp) but weapons are more based off of moveset than the damage that they do, I still like DS more than DkS, but now that I am getting back into DkS I still find enjoyment, plus with the adding of the DLC later this year, it will keep people playing
    For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are...
    and to the dust we shall return

Signature By Deja View Sigs: jondeere