need help with pvp build

This is a discussion on need help with pvp build within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; im going to start and attempt to make a pvp build i believe the one i based this off of ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

need help with pvp build

im going to start and attempt to make a pvp build i believe the one i based this off of is a dex/faith build
    i have no idea what im doing but i thought maybe this would be a good build for uch+15 with darkmoon blade buff since i like that weapon
    im looking for some responses and some constructive critisicm to what i did wrong or what could be improved with a reason why so i i can learn from my mistakes
    Dark Souls Character Planner
    there is my build i made so far please help me with making a pvper

Legendary...Nuff Said

A FAI/DEX hybrid is often highly successful due to it's high damage output and quick attacks, so you have a good start. Personally I prefer an Iaito +15 over an Uchi +15 because I like the moveset better, but it's up to you.

Otherwise, there are just a few things worth touching up on. 20 STR is unnecessary as only 14 is needed to wield the Uchi. However, bringing it up to 20 allows you to wield the Great Lord Greatsword, which would do 500+ damage with your stats and could work as a nice backup. In the same vein, for the upcoming DLC there is a weapon that will do 480 damage with your stats once it's released, which would also work nicely as a backup.

It should be noted that in an upcoming patch the Dark Wood Grain Ring will be highly nerfed, making it virtually useless. The only way to achieve the fast roll will now to wear light armor or to use Havel's Ring with medium armor. I suggest you outfit yourself with those accordingly.

Ricard's Rapier is a worthless backup, especially if made into a Fire, Chaos, or Lightning weapon because of the poor damage output. Making it a +15 regular weapon will however allow you to buff it and creates an option of using it over the Uchigatana with the buff.

Those are my suggestions. Do with them as you please. However, making a good build does not automatically make you a good player. It takes practice and the ability to know every single weapon's unique moveset in order to succeed, as well as other things. Best of luck to you.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

thank you for the feedback! it is highly appreciated and what would be a good backup weapon with 14 strength until the new dlc? also what should it be ascended into. the only backup weapon i can think of is quelags fury(i think its spelled wrong). would that work as a good backup or should i go for something else?

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quelaag's Furysword +5 would make an excellent backup because of high damage output on a DEX build without being able to be buffed anyway. Otherwise the Chaos Blade +5 would also do well, but you have to choose one or the other because Quelaag's soul is used to make both items.

However, going to 20 STR can be useful. As I mentioned, the Great Lord Greatsword would make a good backup as well.

And always make weapons as high as you can (+5/+15) if you plan on using them throughout PvP to get the best possible damage output.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.