Jumped back into this game, but need stronger weapons!

This is a discussion on Jumped back into this game, but need stronger weapons! within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; I havent played this for like a year and I still have the drake sword and Estoc +7 (idk why ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Jumped back into this game, but need stronger weapons!

I havent played this for like a year and I still have the drake sword and Estoc +7 (idk why its 7!) And fighting some bosses and enemies and it feels sooooo weak!! Ugh So wondering what is good weapon to start working on!

Level:37

Vitality 12
    Attunement: 13
    Endurance: 16
    Resistance:11
    Intelligence: 16
    Faith: 12
    Dexterity: 18
    Strength: 20

Anyone help me out with any tips it would be greatly appreciated!

Bringing the PAIN

Hey Tai.

Well the type of weapon depends really on your playstyle. Personally I used the Drake Sword for awhile until I got lucky and had a Black Knight Sword drop. if you're looking for raw power at a early to mid game lvl then it will do you right. The only bad thing is there are only a few chance to get one. What point are you at in the game now? I see you're SL37 so you could be in a few places now. I am currently SL54 and have quite a few extra things I could drop you if you get to that point. I have some decent weapons that are not top of the line anything that I have gotten multiples of.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Hey Tai.

Well the type of weapon depends really on your playstyle. Personally I used the Drake Sword for awhile until I got lucky and had a Black Knight Sword drop. if you're looking for raw power at a early to mid game lvl then it will do you right. The only bad thing is there are only a few chance to get one. What point are you at in the game now? I see you're SL37 so you could be in a few places now. I am currently SL54 and have quite a few extra things I could drop you if you get to that point. I have some decent weapons that are not top of the line anything that I have gotten multiples of.
    Hey Pain thanks for replying!

Yea Id be much appreciative if you could! Im in the demon ruins my friend said thats where I should go to ring the second bell... I did and just defeated that huge lava spider golem boss! Now Im stuck cuz i dont wanna go all the way back up thru the Blighttown (giving me Demons souls Valley of Defilement flashbacks) lol so thats where I currently am held up!

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    Hey Pain thanks for replying!

Yea Id be much appreciative if you could! Im in the demon ruins my friend said thats where I should go to ring the second bell... I did and just defeated that huge lava spider golem boss! Now Im stuck cuz i dont wanna go all the way back up thru the Blighttown (giving me Demons souls Valley of Defilement flashbacks) lol so thats where I currently am held up!
    You can get out of Blightown very easily, just go up the elevator to the right of the bonfire before you went to fight Quelagg.

Now about your weapons, you are definitely going to need to upgrade your weapon, considering Sens Fortress is a hard as shit. But to be honest, it doesn't matter what weapon you use, just learn from you mistakes and learn how to counter your enemies attacks and you can get through no big deal.

The best thing I could say is, that if you explore Sens Fortress you'll come across a Lightning Spear, it's quite strong so roll with that for a while.

Good luck, Sens Fortress has devoured many gamers into the depths of utter frustration
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    You can get out of Blightown very easily, just go up the elevator to the right of the bonfire before you went to fight Quelagg.

Now about your weapons, you are definitely going to need to upgrade your weapon, considering Sens Fortress is a hard as shit. But to be honest, it doesn't matter what weapon you use, just learn from you mistakes and learn how to counter your enemies attacks and you can get through no big deal.

The best thing I could say is, that if you explore Sens Fortress you'll come across a Lightning Spear, it's quite strong so roll with that for a while.

Good luck, Sens Fortress has devoured many gamers into the depths of utter frustration
    Thanks for the Blight tip Vulg and damnit all! And are you trying to make me get another year off this game!?? Lol Fuckin Sen Fortress!

PRO Member

your stats are actually pretty similar to mine and i'm actually working my way through blighttown right now

i agree with the comment above about the lightning spear, my friend who is also playing the game has been using that weapon since he found it and he's almost near the end

personally i've been sticking with the regular axe, however i'm at +5 now and debating if i'll turn it to divine or magic, or go a different route
    not quite sure yet what i want to do

Negator

Lighting weapons in general deal comparable damage to other stat specialized weapons, without the need for wasted STR, DEX, FAI, INT, etc.

Personally, I went with a VIT/END/FAI build, and used Lighting Spear +5 for the vast majority of the platinum.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Lighting weapons in general deal comparable damage to other stat specialized weapons, without the need for wasted STR, DEX, FAI, INT, etc.

Personally, I went with a VIT/END/FAI build, and used Lighting Spear +5 for the vast majority of the platinum.
    Cool thanks Helyx!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post

Pretty much, this. Elemental weapons will easily carry you through NG. Stat-based weapons really don't start to be worth it until you get up in the soul levels in NG+ and beyond.

Dull Ember

Hello If all you want to do is rush Platinum I found a high intel build got me through a lot of the trickiest parts. Invisibity let's you cruise past lots of tough spots and homing crystal soulmass let's you stay out of most bosses reach while dealing quite high damage. You will get Big Hat Logans best spells in Dukes archives and also be sure and get his catalyst after beating Seath.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The dragon weapons (Drake Sword especially, low stat requirement) are very good for starting out. Eventually, you'll want other weapons, as the dragon weapons doesn't scale with stats. If you're doing a dexterity build, the Uchigatana is very good. Either buy it from Shiva of the East in Blighttown (when you're in the Forest Covenant) or kill the undead male merchant in the Burg. Lightning Spear is gained from the Mimic in Sen's Fortress, and if you upgrade it a bit it's a beastly weapon. Don't care much for spears myself, too little reach for my taste. Although the most important advice you can ever get, is to upgrade your weapons!It's very cheap to upgrade normal weapons to +5 (and with some grinding in Blighttown, to +10), and it makes a heap of difference. As I started with the Wanderer class, I upgraded the Scimitar to +10, then ascended it to Quelaag's Furysword. The fast attack and high damage is great, and you need "only" 10 Demon Titanite to max it (and 10 humanity for even higher damage).

Rangers F.C

The Black Night Halberd was my favorite weapon , but this is some way away from where you are , keep it in mind once you get to the palace .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

KCCO!

Considering this thread is over a month old, I doubt he still needs the advice.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    Lol , well spotted , I never even noticed
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Lol , well spotted , I never even noticed
    Well, in fairness, the dude above you is the culprit that necro'ed this thread.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well, it took me a while to understand it, so could be :p

Lvl 5 - Silver

Lol ACTUALLY I still do! See other games came out and well..... ya'll know what happens next! But I am getting back on this! Until....February anyway. XD