Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dark Souls 2

This is a discussion on Dark Souls 2 within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Yes. So it's confirmed atleast! I do have some worries though. I dont like that they are trying to reach ...

PRO Member

Dark Souls 2

Yes. So it's confirmed atleast! I do have some worries though. I dont like that they are trying to reach a bigger audience this may destroy the game.

That is what they did with resident evil in my opinion, but hopefully this will turn out great.

Dark Souls 2 on the way - GameSpot.com

Lvl 6 - Silver

From Software doesnt seem like that kind of developer but time will tell. What I have played of Dark Souls I enjoyed alot so I hope they dont.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hopefully this is going to be more like demons souls difficulty. maybe they will they will just make a tutorial area that will attract more people then out of nowhere they turn the difficulty up

PRO Member

I found dark souls to be alot more difficult. The bosses that gave me some pain in demon souls was the fire one and the one with 2 bosses in it! kinda like smugh and ornstein.

Both games are great, but i favor Dark Souls. And yes a'm hoping they dont ruin this game to make more money. MAybe they will do what you sad. Cheers

Word is Bond

Quote Originally Posted by l_brilla View Post
    I dont like that they are trying to reach a bigger audience this may destroy the game.
    You mean like they did with Dark Souls, as they moved away from Demon's Souls? Yeah, they'll most likely do it again...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Dark Souls has fell victim to mainstream in such a discreet manner. I feel Dark Souls 2 is going to be awesome game in its very own fashion but, it's at the point of no return for targeting a larger audience. Dark Souls was tough but not a challenge, maybe Demon's souls is to blame. I hope the element of surprise and the task of killing enemies with patience and skills rather than equipment makes a grand return.

worlds biggest welch fan

dark souls 2 I still need to beat the first one and demon souls. looks like after Nier I shall step up.
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    You mean like they did with Dark Souls, as they moved away from Demon's Souls? Yeah, they'll most likely do it again...
    I dont realy see what they changed? they just improved it. Of what i can remember.

Word is Bond

I dont realy see what they changed? they just improved it. Of what i can remember.
    I wouldn't use the word 'improved', since practically everything decreased in overall value in Dark Souls, as opposed to Demon's Souls.

PRO Member

I've been enjoying Dark Souls but i was rather disappointed that they decided to make a sequel Dark Souls 2... i was hoping they would continue in the same vein as they have been, having a sequel to the series/genre without it being a direct sequel to the game. Having another new title, like Damned Souls or something lol

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    From Software doesnt seem like that kind of developer but time will tell. What I have played of Dark Souls I enjoyed alot so I hope they dont.
    They absolutely ARE that type of developer. They made Dark Souls more user-friendly (to an extent) compared to Demon's Souls.

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by JetGirl View Post
    I've been enjoying Dark Souls but i was rather disappointed that they decided to make a sequel Dark Souls 2... i was hoping they would continue in the same vein as they have been, having a sequel to the series/genre without it being a direct sequel to the game. Having another new title, like Damned Souls or something lol
    Yeah... I don't really see that sitting on a shelf well honestly...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Yeah... I don't really see that sitting on a shelf well honestly...
    lol well it doesn't have to be that name, just thinking quickly of a D and S combo
    but then again there is Shadows of the Damned so Damned Shadows would be out of the question

Word is Bond

Quote Originally Posted by JetGirl View Post
    lol well it doesn't have to be that name, just thinking quickly of a D and S combo
    but then again there is Shadows of the Damned so Damned Shadows would be out of the question
    Diluted Souls is a more accurate name, I'd assume.

PRO Member

I wouldn't use the word 'improved', since practically everything decreased in overall value in Dark Souls, as opposed to Demon's Souls.

Humm. I cant see it man, but i think this is just a batter of wich game you played first. I played dark souls first giving me a freaking headexplosion! and ended up playing demon souls later on. This gave me the impression that the game was worse then dark souls! worse grafics worse magic, and worse combat style. This gave me the fealing that they had improved it.

In dark soul i already learned the basic of the game! combat style magic and blah blah! so demon souls was way easier to play because i already know how to fight and all.

Word is Bond

In dark soul i already learned the basic of the game! combat style magic and blah blah! so demon souls was way easier to play because i already know how to fight and all.
    Well, some people can see important details, and some people simply can't.

The fact that magic as well as weapons in general were actually useful in Demon's Souls is something I guess you voluntarily chose to ignore. But, the graphics were better in Dark Souls, so it's obviously a better game.

PRO Member

Well, some people can see important details, and some people simply can't.

The fact that magic as well as weapons in general were actually useful in Demon's Souls is something I guess you voluntarily chose to ignore. But, the graphics were better in Dark Souls, so it's obviously a better game.
    yeah this was the first thing i noticed too =\
    i was so stoked to be a pyromancer and then the more i played realized that it wasn't what i was expecting, which in the same sense demons souls would have actually made it worthwhile
    same with magic, they just really changed what made it so much fun and useful in demons souls.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I love how this thread was about Dark souls 2 and about half of you went onto a Dark Souls vs. Demon Souls debate, we've all heard it before. So back to the original topic, I'm really looking forward to the story and lore, I would also like to see some original weapons and armor. A nice thing they had in Dark Souls which I hope they add more of in Dark Souls 2 is the optional bosses and unique normal enemies. I can't wait for its release.

Bob 'n' Becca

Late to the party but secksy as hell...

I'm actually looking forward to the sequel, that's if I plat dark souls or not. It'll probably be a day one purchase. My only grievance is the naming of the title; I'd prefer if they didn't make it a direct sequel. But who knows, mayhaps dark souls 2 is merely a tentative title. I certainly hope so.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mustang View Post
    I love how this thread was about Dark souls 2 and about half of you went onto a Dark Souls vs. Demon Souls debate, we've all heard it before. So back to the original topic, I'm really looking forward to the story and lore, I would also like to see some original weapons and armor. A nice thing they had in Dark Souls which I hope they add more of in Dark Souls 2 is the optional bosses and unique normal enemies. I can't wait for its release.
    Yeah sometimes you can't agree on everything. And yes i'm hoping they will continnue on making the dark souls stuff for the second one. I've heard some rumor that they are going to have rides in the game? hopefully it will keep it's legendery game experince. The video is pure epic though.

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Late to the party but secksy as hell...

I'm actually looking forward to the sequel, that's if I plat dark souls or not. It'll probably be a day one purchase. My only grievance is the naming of the title; I'd prefer if they didn't make it a direct sequel. But who knows, mayhaps dark souls 2 is merely a tentative title. I certainly hope so.
    The dark soul platinum isen't that hard to achive! I ofc got the corrupt save thing and that means you have to delete the save file in order to even make a new game. This was ofc right before the dlc lunch. It took about 20-25 hours to get everything in the game back so it can be done fast. The best sword in my oppinion is the cursed sword from Sif! make that one and you will be fine. As soon as you know each enemy's attacks and so on you will have it in no time. Yeah the tittel could be better, but as you say maybe it's just a tentative tittle. I will proboly be sleeping outside the stoor before lunch day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast