View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

1 1.47%
  • 3 - Moderate

14 20.59%
  • 4 - Hard

46 67.65%
  • 5 - Very Hard

7 10.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; I voted a high Moderate. It has it's hard moment's but it wasn't as bad as expected. It took me ...

дурак

I voted a high Moderate. It has it's hard moment's but it wasn't as bad as expected. It took me about 165 hours. Which is about the same amount it took for Skyrim.

Honestly once you near the end of the game, it's a bit of a cakewalk.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted hard because this game actually did give me a hard time. I think my first playthrough I died at least 250 times, then another 30 more on the last boss. None the less, a great game. The moment I started playing it I knew this had to be my next plat. I don't know who else agrees but it's great plat to have.
    (One thing that annoyed me was the incredibly low drop rate of Channeler's Trident.. other than that I love this game)

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 5 - Silver

I voted hard.. I spent about 300 hours on this one.. Awesome game!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted hard, only because of certain boss encounters that took multiple retrys (especially the Ornstien and Smough encounter - I did it the hard way first... yet my second play through it took over 15 attempts before I was able to kill Smough in his upgraded mode). However, with a substantial amount of research and shortcut locations memorized I finished the game with a total of 47 hours 2 minutes and 15 seconds undertaken. Could have been a bit faster but I forgot I needed to have a minimum of 15 intelligence for the Big Hat Logan pyromanices. Anyway, it's a great game that is well worth undertaking, it's by far my favourite RPG on the ps3... I might still continue to play for the pvp. It's great beating people down with a Black Knights Halberd +5 and wearing Havel's Shield +5 with Elite Knight gear +9-10.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

tough choice, but i voted Hard. Knight's Honor seemed daunting, and acquiring all the types of magic was risky, but by the end of NG+ i realized that i already had most of weapons and enough souls to buy all the magics i could. when i started NG++, i knew exactly what i was going for, and everything worked out great. ^__^

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hard for me just because the game itself was hard. The channelers trident was sorta lame though, but I had plenty of people invading me while I was going for it so it was all good.

PRO Member

-Moderate
    I thought the game was much easier and funnier than demon's souls. don't get me wrong, I loved demon's, but dark souls have just become my favorite game. it took me 85 hours to plat , but I really took my time on my first playtrough. the second and third playthrougs were lightning fast, as it gets really easy once you know what you're doing(and start summoning other players to get the job done). farming was much easier than demon's souls. I think its a moderate difficulty plat, if you manage to push through the game.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

I voted hard. It's not as hard as Demon's Souls was, but it is still hard.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted hard. Probably one of the hardest games to earn the plat and the most deserving (including Demons Souls).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah ha got the Plat. today ^^ it was hard but worth it...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hard. The patch made the game not very hard.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Okay. Those who are saying that game is moderate are likely had farmed a lot of souls to lvl up fast and used a guide. The game is very hard. A lot of the stuff you need to complete in the game you'll need a guide; for example getting through certain lvl's and getting the rare weapons. Moderate I don't think so. As for the bosses, they are very tough, compare them to other boss fights you've beaten; such as God of War III, Batman Arkham Asylum Resident Evil 5, etc. The only game that comes close too Dark Souls difficulty is Killzone 2 on elite difficulty (trophy support games only).

Those who haven't experience Dark Souls try getting platinum without using a guide from any source: book, internet and friends.

Royal Flush X2

4 Hard or 7/10 The 1st playthrough, this game is hard no doubt but I wouldn't say extreme hard overall. Most deaths came from falling off the cliffs lol. Some bosses can be hard on 1st playthrough but once you figure them out then they won't be much of a problem on NG+ and beyond except for the 4 kings , they were brutal on NG+. This time there is no where near as much grinding as Demon's Souls for a upgrade. Overall tough game 1st playthrough but after that it's just time consuming.

Closing this account

At first I thought it was Hard until I reverted back to Demon's Souls with my technique (Hitman knows....I think ) but I really couldn't do that as much so I had to redo my attack plan. There were a couple of spots that got me but it was for the best. I did get a little help with 3 weapons for the Knight's Honor but my goofy self didn't look at a guide until my halfway through NG++. Great game though. The people I came across in PvP had great etiquette for dueling. In the end of it all, it was Moderate.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I'd say it is somewhat hard. there are things that make it somewhat easier but that 1st play through will be tough no matter what. Excellent game though and i can't wait for Dark Souls 2

Kiwi Defender

Moderate. The game itself, even after being nerfed horribly, isn't really that hard, and even if your build has issues with a boss, you can always summon someone (be it an NPC or some guy) to help. The drops, the sorceries/pyromancies/miracles, etc., aren't really troublesome, either, so that just makes this even less problematic.

All in all, just a DS carbon copy.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This game, like Demon's Souls was time very consuming, but not impossible. I actually ended up doing the Plat twice, one on my main S/N and one on my alternate S/N. I would rank this one as a hard plat to get, but an enjoyable experience overall.

I do remember having to farm the harpies in the Painted World for hours, just trying to level up in the Darkmoon Covenant for one miracle. That was a bit annoying.
    Sometimes, I wish life had a Pause Button....

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Imo the platinum was easy, of course boosting and knowing where is everything to finish it in a few hours, maybe it could be frustrating the first time, I thought it was very very hard (it took me around 5 months), but now, I found it so easy o.O

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Bob 'n' Becca

This is a tough one. I'm not sure which is harder, this or Demon's Souls. Either way, I needed quite a bit of help from others, with them dropping weapons for me. If it weren't for that, this would've been voted harded. I voted Hard.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12