View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

14 21.54%
  • 4 - Hard

44 67.69%
  • 5 - Very Hard

7 10.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

oops sorry I voted before I have gotten the platinum =(

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hard Definately Hard i have trouble on getting all rare weapons especially the super rare ones.. but i am glad i got it

PRO Member

I have to say it's not too bad.
    2 playthroughs and less than 1/3 through a third is what's required for platinum. It's A LOT less grind than Demon's Souls actually (Souvenir Of Reprisal-farming was the only really annoying grind in this game, and it only took like 2-3 hours anyway).
    Platinum took me ~83h which was faster than i expected (had a bit over 100h for Demon's Souls).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

yeah it wasnt as bad as I expected, I clocked in at just above 94 hours and that's with around 10 hours of idle at Firelink

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just finished my plat in 80 hours and i loved every single second and every death! but without a doubt it was hard platinum. Hyper Ornstein in NG+

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I just got the Platinum today

Yes it is hard, because you have to complete the game twice and only completing it is hard xD I had trouble with the mircales trophy the most, because Souvenirs of Reprisals are a pain in the arse to farm and I couldn't invade anyone with the Blue Eye Orb (i'm soul level 210...).

Game of the year, no contest!

The Temple of the King

Platinuming this game was hard, but not impossible. Game could've been released with better programming, but that's always fixable. Anyway, it still was a good game.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think the platinum is not that hard - I'd say moderate even. However the game itself that is another story. It takes a lot of time and practice to complete it twice. After that with the right 'tools' it becomes very easy - I completed NG++ in less then 8 hours.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I gave it a 3 for moderate because it only took me a month to get platinum. Compared to Demon's Souls, the drop rates on the rare weapons were not that bad and it did not take very long to get all the enemy drop weapons. However the covenants were a little time consuming and frustrating at times. Besides the covenants, Dark Souls was not too bad.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I voted 3 as well. The game itself is quite hard at first but by the 3rd playthrough I was breezing through with no problem at all. Getting the plat isn't too bad, Priscilla and Seath's tails are tough and I've heard people say acquiring some of the weapons for knights honor is a nightmare (only one of them took me more than 20 minutes of grinding to get the drop). The miracles/sorceries/pyromanies take a bit of effort but nothing that bad and they can all be acquired in one playthrough. Beyond that most of the trophies will come just by playing normally.

Total time for me: 89hrs.

Platinum Procrastinator

I voted moderate as well. I think I was sitting at around 120 hours when I finally got the plat and I'm still only level 52 and earned every weapon myself. However, I did fight most of the bosses with the help of NPC's and other players. Even on NG++ the bosses and enemies aren't much tougher than normal if you know what you're doing and prepare ahead of time.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Huge Gaming Backlog

I voted Hard. I would of voted for awesome if that was an option.
    I loved this game. Probably one of my all time favorites.

The plat wasn't as hard as Demons Souls. The use of bonfires where a saviour. The only grind I had was getting the super rare Channelers Trident. The Ornstein and Smough boss battle was one of the hardest boss battles I have had in any game. This is my proudest plat yet.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

KCCO!

I would've liked to have voted somewhere between moderate and hard, but went with moderate. It was not as hard as Demon's Souls and requires 1 playthrough less than DS for a legit plat. The drops weren't as bad for some of the rarer items compared to DS.

PRO Member

Voted hard, but if you read the game closely you can get the plat way faster then i did. I had a hard time making the boss weapons! used the souls and dident know what i was doing and i dischanted it you can say or mad it a +10p weapon again. And for smough and ornsteen i always killed smough last and ended upp with his souls, but on my ng++ it appeared to me that i needed to kill ornsteen last for his spear and then i was on my ng+++.I coud proboly have mad it in 85hours, but do to my noobish skill in the weapon uppgrade i ended upp at 100 hours! One of my best platinum great game.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    I coud proboly have mad it in 85hours, but do to my noobish skill in the weapon uppgrade i ended upp at 100 hours! One of my best platinum great game.
    100 hours? The plat took me close to 170 hours. I was taking my time, though, helping people via coop and whatnot. Congrats on the plat, nonetheless, mate!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    100 hours? The plat took me close to 170 hours. I was taking my time, though, helping people via coop and whatnot. Congrats on the plat, nonetheless, mate!
    I bet you were pretty tired of the game after 170 hours? hehe. Congratz on the plat to you to i did not help many player out maybe 4-5 times, but this was for the faith thing to join the sunlight qovenent.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    I bet you were pretty tired of the game after 170 hours? hehe. Congratz on the plat to you to i did not help many player out maybe 4-5 times, but this was for the faith thing to join the sunlight qovenent.
    To be honest, I got tired of the game early on, so I put it down for a while. I got back into it, and then I wound up platting it, which was a relief. Now that it's platted, I'm enjoying it more. I guess the stress of platting it being gone makes it more enjoyable.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    To be honest, I got tired of the game early on, so I put it down for a while. I got back into it, and then I wound up platting it, which was a relief. Now that it's platted, I'm enjoying it more. I guess the stress of platting it being gone makes it more enjoyable.
    Yeah after several ng+ i started to feel the grind. and the prayer of maiden trophie sucked! Do to all the farming for it . Funny thing i read that almost everyone had a hard time getting the Channelers Trident. I got that on mye fifth mage, but for the silver knight to drop the sword ahh i grinded anor londo for many hours pain what souls lvl where you when you got the plat? i ended upp at between 150 160. My hardest round was actually ng++ because the four kings had super fast spawn this round luckely i got a mage to nuke there asses

Lvl 1 - Bronze

touhgt demon souls was harder to plat,tnx patch 1.05 u made farming take much less time didn't need to farm anything i needed for longer then 20min(channelers trident& souvenirs of reprisal,took me 38 hours to farm a pure bladestone in demons souls)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast