Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What Class have you started with?

This is a discussion on What Class have you started with? within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; knight same as DS, & they didnt make it harder , just dumber, the quit game at XMB screen doesnt ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

knight same as DS, & they didnt make it harder , just dumber, the quit game at XMB screen doesnt work the same as it did in Demons Souls.but the boar hat looks Predator..ish so its ok.

Bob 'n' Becca

I chose to be a thief, because of the prospect of the Master Key. I've died more times than I can count, but it doesn't really matter. That was going to happen no matter which class I chose, especially since the Master Key takes you to enemies that rape yer character like they're getting paid for the act.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Majinki View Post
    Pyromancer, haven't died yet.
    See, I knew I should've picked Pyromancer. I started with the Warrior and I've died numerous times...too many for me to count. :stare:

Bob 'n' Becca

I still don't see how a certain class will help indefinitely. Sure, certain classes will have benefits at certain points (as with gifts), but no matter what class a person chooses they'll die more than they'll be able to count.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    I still don't see how a certain class will help indefinitely. Sure, certain classes will have benefits at certain points (as with gifts), but no matter what class a person chooses they'll die more than they'll be able to count.
    It may not have a huge difference later on in the game as you level up, but for NG, at least, it makes a huge difference. Each class has its strengths and weaknesses and depending on your style of play, one class may be preferred over another.

"Tear it all down."

Just got home from work and my pre-order of Dark Souls was sitting here waiting for me. Not sure what I'm gonna start with yet. In Demon's Souls I started with Royalty, so thinking maybe Pyromancer or some mage-type for Dark Souls.

I'm also still trying to decide if I should finish off Demon's Souls plat before starting Dark Souls.

Legendary...Nuff Said

So I received the game and did end up deciding to go with the Warrior. So far I think it's a really solid class. Sure, I think I've died over 50 times now, but I'm really starting to get the hang of things now. Enemies that were originally a pain in the ass are easier now that I've learned their attacks and when I should put my shield up or attack myself. Overall, it's probably the best class to choose if you want to have some decent amount of movement, but also be combat-based. The ability to quickly roll out of danger is nice, and the armor is still solid.

I'm currently SL 18 (I think), but for some reason I can't use any of the more powerful weapons, despite my STR stat already being at 20. (I've done a decent amount of farming in the 4 hours I've had with the game. Once you kick down the ladder leading to the bonfire at the Undead Burg, you can use it to farm 300 souls each time. I'll let you figure out how to do that on your own, though.) For instance, I can't use the Drake sword without losing the ability to roll well.

Still a good class, and one that I'd recommend if you're not interested in magic.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

"Tear it all down."

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    ...For instance, I can't use the Drake sword without losing the ability to roll well.

Still a good class, and one that I'd recommend if you're not interested in magic.
    Haven't played Dark Souls yet but I know in Demon's Souls if your equipment weight ratio was higher then 50%, you lost the ability to roll well ... I'm guessing it's probably because of the same thing in Dark Souls.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I started a thief for the Master key.

PRO Member

did wanderer b/c he looks cool to me. but i think i might go pyro next/instead

Lvl 5 - Silver

So thief class i havent died as much as thought I would so it has payed off a bit cuz i seem to attack faster than i would with other class but it seems like Master Key may sometimes lead to places that give a one-hit K.O.!

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    it seems like Master Key may sometimes lead to places that give a one-hit K.O.!
    The Master Key definitely opens the doors to some places sane people wouldn't go. Obviously, if yer looking to explore every nook and cranny of the game, the key speeds things up a bit, but I'd save the areas the key actual unlock after leveling up a bit.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I started as a warrior and am now SL 39 on him but he wasn't that versatile so I started a cleric and now he is SL 37 and so much better. I have 2 heal miracles equipped so I can use the move ten times, it is like having a extra 10 flasks and I also have the lightning spear miracle which I can use to crush enemies from afar. For a weapon I am wielding the Astora's Straight Sword because it scales with faith and is awesome. The cleric is a lot easier than the warrior.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Started as a Warrior and the first time i played as this class i thought it's almost impossible cause i'm always dying alot but when you got halfway to the game it becomes easier..

Nope, nothing

I started as The Wanderer, I did on Demon's Souls so I thought I would again

Game on....

I started with Sorcerer because i found magic to be very useful in Demon's Souls. I have to say 26 hours in to the game and im getting through Sen's Fortress ok, however that boss is a bit hardcore..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I wanted a challenge and started with Deprived , ... was a little disapointed though... got a shield and sword quickly and also some armor pieces... so I think that you can quickly reach a point where it doesn't matter anymore, you figure out what skills you need and just increase them...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12