A couple of questions about Dark Souls

This is a discussion on A couple of questions about Dark Souls within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Ok. So I've decided to continue my pursuit of the Dark Souls platinum. I've had the game since day one, ...

Bob 'n' Becca

A couple of questions about Dark Souls

Ok. So I've decided to continue my pursuit of the Dark Souls platinum. I've had the game since day one, and there are only a few trophies I need. One of those trophies is for all of the miracles. Now, while I was playing earlier I was going through the list of miracles in the game. Two of those are sunlight spear and dark moon blade. I'm in ng+ and no longer have the soul of gwyn. My question regarding this is, should I continue playing in ng+ (and eventually ng++) and deal with the more powerful bosses, or should I start a new game and try to focus solely on getting the miracles? In my current play through I do have enough sunlight medals to join and update the sunlight covenant. I don't have the soul of gwyn as I've already said, so either way I would have to bear the game and start the beginning of a new one. Which is quickest and easiest?

my second concern is about bonfires. It's only happened with one (the dukes archives), but the bonfire will suddenly go out. My shield was broken and I went to fix it and the bonfire went out on me before I could even get to the right option of fixing it. I got attacked by a phantom when I was trying to research it and ended up getting owned. And the other day when I was trying to figure out what weapons I needed for the weapons trophies and the bonfire went out. That was the first time. Several questions here: why did this happen, does it only happen here and how can I fix it?

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

KCCO!

Elpoko's right--the bonfires disappear whenever you're about to be invaded.

As far as your question about the miracles, the enemies will definitely be easier starting a new game, but you have to remember you're starting from scratch. You won't have access to your current weaponry unless someone drops you their weapons. Where as, if you continue on, you'll have all your items, weapon, gear, etc. If I recall, though, you're a pretty high-level. In fact, I assumed you were already in NG+ or beyond based on your SL. I would probably just press forward with NG+ and NG++. It's not as bad as you'd think. Hell, I think I made it up to NG+++++.

Bob 'n' Becca

I'm only in ng+. The majority of my time with this play through was consumed with the four kings, and after I beat them I stopped playing the game for a while. I think I'll keep playing with my current play through, get a feel for the bosses required for The Lord vessel. I'm in the crystal cave so I'll be facing saethe shortly. Hopefully I can hack off his tail for a weapon and he's not too too difficult.

As for the bonfire going out because I was being invaded: lol. The first time I quit the game because I didn't know what was going on. I generally don't have a problem with invaders. Ideally, I'd rather not face them but its a win or lose situation. What's the worst that could happen?

Also, about the requirements for the factions, I'm currently +2 in the group that you can join just after facing Kellogg (quelagg). I heard this'll give me easier access to the later portion of the game. Should I stay with that faction for now since I'm just before the ceaseless discharge, or switch over to the faction where I need to offer up sunlight medals?

KCCO!

If you started a fresh game, I could make things totally easy for you and just drop you everything you'd need for all covenants, along with some weapons, armor, and items. We plan on being on any time tonight? It has to be soon because I'm actually going to send Dark Souls back to gamefly relatively soon ... as in the next day or two.

Bob 'n' Becca

Hitman I could get on tonight. It wouldn't be until after 2200 (10pm est). I don't know where you are in the world. Let me know if that'll work for you. The only other time today would be a small window from 1630-1700, again est. You were going to helpe before and I'm still prepared. I'm level one at fire link shrine, and we're already PSN friends. I'd really appreciate the help mate.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Hitman I could get on tonight. It wouldn't be until after 2200 (10pm est). I don't know where you are in the world. Let me know if that'll work for you. The only other time today would be a small window from 1630-1700, again est. You were going to helpe before and I'm still prepared. I'm level one at fire link shrine, and we're already PSN friends. I'd really appreciate the help mate.
    Ok, that should work. Just message me whenever you hop on and I'll drop you the stuff. We can meet outside the first bonfire.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just started dark souls and are supposed to kill the knight you meet in undead asylum?

Bob 'n' Becca

You can, but you don't have to. If you kill him he'll drop what he would give you in normal conversation.