Dark Souls II Information

This is a discussion on Dark Souls II Information within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Just a bit of information I've been reading on Dark Souls II lately. Biggest worry I have now, is the ...

Harvester of Souls

Dark Souls II Information

Just a bit of information I've been reading on Dark Souls II lately.

Biggest worry I have now, is the original director with From Software has changed >..>. Hidetaka Miyazaki will take part as a supervisor of the project, but isn't the director. The new director is some guy named, Tomohiro Shibuya. Luckily, he states he wants to expand what Dark souls is, but doesn't want to change it.

Dark Souls II To Have Slightly Larger World; Won't Be Open World | Siliconera

In an interview with 4Gamer, former Dark Souls director, Hidetaka Miyazaki, and new director, Tomohiro Shibuya, discuss their new roles and plans for Dark Souls II.

No longer in the director’s chair, Miyazaki is now acting as the “supervisor” for Dark Souls II. What exactly will he do as a supervisor?

First of all, Miyazaki would like to reassure fans that might have concerns about the change of directors to not worry.

“As far as being a developing games, Mr. Shibuya has far more experience than I do,” Miyazaki says. “He understands exactly what it takes to do a great job and we’re on the same page regarding where we’d like to take the Dark Souls franchise. I fully trust him and his judgment.”

Due to personal reasons and more, Miyazaki and From Software came to a mutual agreement regarding his change to supervisor for the next installment. Although he’s saddened that he will no longer be the director, he’s satisfied by the fact that he’ll still have a role in the development of the series he’s grown to love. He believes there’s still a lot of potential in Dark Souls, which will only be realized better over time.

Miyazaki says his role as a supervisor will allow him to have a say in what he likes and dislikes during the ongoing development for Dark Souls II, which he considers selfish but at the same time, crucial.

A couple of those decisions that are already in the works include: a game server for Dark Souls II and to refrain from having DLC weapons and items.

As a supervisor, Miyazaki will monitor development and will make sure it stays true to its core as a Dark Souls game. However, he’s going to hold himself back when it comes to the world, story and artwork, as he believes that most of that should be up to Shibuya, as the new director.

Tomohiro Shibuya is known for his work in the mecha all-star game, Another Century’s Episode. Aside from A.C.E., Shibuya has worked in developing a new high-end graphics engine, which he plans on implementing in Dark Souls II. He recently stated that he’d like to evolve the overall experience of Dark Souls II, but in order to do that, he believes that it needs to start with the overall graphics.

Shibuya shares: “Rather than focusing on shading and lighting technologies, I believe that having a more realistic atmosphere while showing better details of the monsters and their expressions would definitely have a bigger impact.”

In regards to how Dark Souls II will connect to its predecessor, it will take place in the same world, although it won’t be a direct sequel. The story will take place in a different area with different people. Shibuya decided to stick to the original Dark Souls map style, instead of opting for an open-open world. As far as recurring characters go, not much can be said for the time being.

Shibuya believes that the most important thing is to stay true to the original game, which already has many fans. Rather than making something completely different as the new director, he’d like to see what he can do to make it better.

“My concept is to get Dark Souls and what made it great, and give it a major upgrade,” he states. Shibuya also clarifies that there are currently no plans to increase the game’s size. If anything, it will just be slightly larger than the first. He’d also like to keep the overall gameplay time required to beat the game as close as possible to Dark Souls.
    Also, Japan will this time get to see the release of Dark souls II on the Xbox 360, unlike how the predecessor was PS3 exclusive here.

Dark Souls II Concept Art Shows Ghastly Monsters | Siliconera

The previous link provides an article on some of the concept art for DArk Souls II. Enjoy!

AND MORE INFORMATION
    ENJOY IT SOUL REAPERS!!!

It'll be awhile for From Software to release Dark Souls 2, which was only just announced a few months ago. Until then, we'll have to rely on previews in publications to inform us about the features the game plans to offer.

The game made an appearance in a feature in the most recent issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, which revealed that the game is only 25% complete. The original director of Dark Souls, Hidetaka Miyazaki, has since moved onto the position of supervisor, with Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, newcomers to the series, taking on his previously held mantle.

The game's developers state that they intend to avoid putting cutscenes in the game, but not at the cost of storytelling, which should be a lot clearer this time around. Players will also be able to impact the story by killing "innocent" non-player characters.

Like its predecessor, Dark Souls 2 will have bonfires for players to save their progress, and the game's overall size will be around the same size as the original game without its expansion pack, the Artorias of the Abyss. Much of the action in the game will take place on a cove by the ocean.

There will be many new enemies in Dark Souls 2, and concept in the preview revealed that skeletal chariot riders with spiked wheels, whose task in the game will be to hunt down players who do evil things, perhaps serving as a replacement to the Dark Moon in Dark Souls.

Finally, the game will—for the first time in the series—offer a tutorial for newcomers to teach the game's mechanics.
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/12513/article/dark-souls-2-details-surface-locations-game-mechanics-enemies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gameranx+(Gameranx)

Last edited by NeroRadec707; 02-04-2013 at 05:02 PM.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

Very very interesting ...Still gonna get it . Also like to add this link in as well Dark Souls 2 Details Surface: Locations, Game Mechanics, Enemies

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

PRO Member

The game's developers state that they intend to avoid putting cutscenes in the game, but not at the cost of storytelling, which should be a lot clearer this time around.
    Finally, the game will—for the first time in the series—offer a tutorial for newcomers to teach the game's mechanics.
    Two things that have ruined it already
    One of the things I liked about Dark and Demon's Souls, is that the lore was there... but you had to find it, by reading weapon description, working thing out for yourself etc.
    I watched hours of Lore videos about Dark Souls and that added a huge deal to the game. Being baby fed the story will not be as fun

And tutorials... feck sake. More baby/spoon/mouth.
    I know I'm not overly great at the game. But learning by myself, getting stuck and asking people on here, going back to the parts I was stuck on and then overcoming the challenge. Was all part of the game.
    Or becoming reallllly fucking stuck, and having people on here offer to co-op past bits with (Shelyx, Hitman, Connie, nauGiiiiiiie, and everyone else that turned the Chatbox into Demon's Box)
    That was the fun of it!

Harvester of Souls

Updated thread with Mailman's bit there . Idk, I'm not minding this too much, doesn't really say as much as I originally thought, but I don't like the change in directors. New guy seems to still stay on the original focus however.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Two things that have ruined it already
    One of the things I liked about Dark and Demon's Souls, is that the lore was there... but you had to find it, by reading weapon description, working thing out for yourself etc.
    I watched hours of Lore videos about Dark Souls and that added a huge deal to the game. Being baby fed the story will not be as fun

And tutorials... feck sake. More baby/spoon/mouth.
    I know I'm not overly great at the game. But learning by myself, getting stuck and asking people on here, going back to the parts I was stuck on and then overcoming the challenge. Was all part of the game.
    Or becoming reallllly fucking stuck, and having people on here offer to co-op past bits with (Shelyx, Hitman, Connie, nauGiiiiiiie, and everyone else that turned the Chatbox into Demon's Box)
    That was the fun of it!
    I agree and disagree at the same time. Dark Souls, in my opinion, had a story that was too vague at times. While I did find that actually paying attention and reading item descriptions was a fun way to learn more about the story and the world within it, I also like to be TOLD a good story. However, I will say that making the story more blatant would also take out a lot of mystery that Dark Souls had. It would also lower replayability due to not having to seek out answers and discover truths. I'm mixed on this particular issue, but I'm hoping for the best.

Now about the Tutorial. I don't see the big deal. I guess it just depends on how they go about it. If people have a clear understanding on what the mechanics are, they would stand a better chance. Thus, they would survive a bit more and not feel like the game is fucking them over. It would just be them who are failing and it would be all their fault.

The other thing though (And this isn't targeted at you or any other member of the site) is that the Souls community needs to understand that a series needs to evolve, it needs to attract newer people into the mix to survive. I find it selfish that so many players would prefer the game to never evolve and stagnate over time. If it doesn't change, people will complain that it's just the same game with updated graphics (Call Of Duty) or they will complain that it changed too and isn't the game they wanted (Dead Space). So the developers are fucked either way. They can't please everyone, but who says they can't try?
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I agree and disagree at the same time.
    Yeh, I understand that about both. It's just so many games now are trying to cater for everyone, and have just been ruined as an outcome.
    Horror/survival games, as a prime example!

Everyone complained that Souls was too hard, so they stopped playing.... Fine.
    The people that carried on, struggling, getting better and then succeeding, beating the game for the challenge of it. If there was no struggle for anything, there'd never be that feeling of accomplishment.
    Getting my ass handed to me time and time again. Then beating that boss. That was an awesome feeling. Especially knowing that when I was fighting him, if I had died... again... then I'd have to fight back through 10 minutes from the last bonfire before I could even face him again.