Covenants

This is a discussion on Covenants within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Ok, so by now you may all be asking what the hell is a covenant, and what do they do ...

PRO Member

Covenants

Ok, so by now you may all be asking what the hell is a covenant, and what do they do for me. Well I'm going to put here a list of what I've found and keep editing it as I find more data. I'm pretty far in the game and have found a few so far.

First: Way of White Covenant
    You can get this covenant in the beginning of the game by talking to the dude with the Knight Shield which is just right of the "flooded" area that leads to the graveyard/catacombs. You can also learn a gesture from the guy. What it does for you, is that it makes it a lot easier for you to see White Soul Signs and have your Soul Sign be found by other players. Now there is a disadvantage, but it's a good disadvantage. You will not get invaded that often while under this covenant. So if you are alooking to completely desimate players who invade you, don't take this Covenant.

First...and a Half (too lazy to retype the other stuff): Chaos Servant Covenant Credit Shemhazat
    You can join this covernant right after you kill the demon spider lady at the end of Blight Town...I forget how to spell her name, so I won't bother butchering it. After she dies, head down the area underneath where the bell is and there is going to be an false wall you can hack at. Once it disapears you can talk to the white spider in there...the lady....spider lady...and join the covenant. You do not need to have the Witches Ring to be able to join the covenant, though you need it to gain ranks in it.

Second: Forest Keeper's Covenant
    You can find this in the Moonlight Glade area....or at least I think that's the name of it. Once you get to near the end of the Undead Parish you will see a path that goes over a bridge and leads to a blacksmith. You can buy a plate from him for 20,000 Souls and use this to open the gate that leads to the area where you can join this Covenant. Be warned though as the mobs past the gate are pretty tough and are character class NPC's. To get to this area though you need to kill or run past a Titanite Golem. Anyway, after you make your way through the NPC's or just bolt the hell through there, you're going to see a building/bridge thing. In there you'll see a cat laying in one of the windows. Talk to her and you will join this Covenant. Warning!

Third: Gravekeeper's Covenant
    This one is a bit trickier to find, but if you are making your way through the Catacombs and get to the end where you can see a Titanite Golem...well near the end, you will see a casket that is partway open. You can actually slip inside and take a little nap. If you wait for about a minute some skeleton looking dude will close the lid and you'll freak out, putting you in a very strange place. It says it's the Valley of Giants, but it really isn't...at least I think that was the name...too tired to remember. Regardless, to join this you're going to see a coffin there spread open, I think you need to have 0 humanity to actually join this covenant, but when you do you get a VERY badass sword and a really good Miracle.

Rank 0: You start at this
    Rank 1: Requires 10 Eye's of Death (Gain Miracle)
    Rank 2: Requiers 30 Eye's of Death
    Rank 3: Requires 80 Eye's of Death

As far as I know if you break any Covenants, or if you disband a Covenant and join another Covenant, your name will go into the list of Sinners, and members of that Covenant can select and hunt you, so be very careful what you do in game. I will be adding more Covenants to this thead when I find them.
    Last edited by Majinki; 10-09-2011 at 04:34 AM.

PRO Member

Wow..... joining a Covenant aint no jock

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wow, very nice thread. Very interesting what the good and bad things are of every covenant.
    Looking forward to the rest!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanx for this! Looks like im goin back to the white covenent. Cuurently a chaos servant..

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't think you need the witches ring to rank up in the chaos servant covenant. I just offered humanity and that made it go up

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Majinki View Post
    Ok, so by now you may all be asking what the hell is a covenant, and what do they do for me. Well I'm going to put here a list of what I've found and keep editing it as I find more data. I'm pretty far in the game and have found a few so far.

Third: Gravekeeper's Covenant
    This one is a bit trickier to find, but if you are making your way through the Catacombs and get to the end where you can see a Titanite Golem...well near the end, you will see a casket that is partway open. You can actually slip inside and take a little nap. If you wait for about a minute some skeleton looking dude will close the lid and you'll freak out, putting you in a very strange place. It says it's the Valley of Giants, but it really isn't...at least I think that was the name...too tired to remember. Regardless, to join this you're going to see a coffin there spread open, I think you need to have 0 humanity to actually join this covenant, but when you do you get a VERY badass sword and a really good Miracle.

Rank 0: You start at this
    Rank 1: Requires 10 Eye's of Death (Gain Miracle)
    Rank 2: Requiers 30 Eye's of Death
    Rank 3: Requires 80 Eye's of Death

As far as I know if you break any Covenants, or if you disband a Covenant and join another Covenant, your name will go into the list of Sinners, and members of that Covenant can select and hunt you, so be very careful what you do in game. I will be adding more Covenants to this thead when I find them.
    Dude thanks for the info about the Gravekeeper Covenant now i'll surely find it

PRO Member

I just realized how drastic an early mistake I made in the game. I accidentally attacked Oswald and there is no way to de-aggro him since HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN DE-AGGRO NPCs...

Oh well, I decided just to kill him so he would quit chasing me. I'm not in the Book of the Guilty yet, but soon will be I'm sure as soon as I switch covenants. Fun times ahead, I'm too many hours in to start over.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm sure I'll be on the list of sinners soon. I'm in Way of White and Keep getting invaded...It's a real pain but.....those invading characters drop a nice amount of souls

Lvl 5 - Silver

Can someone tell me why i had to pay 1,600 souls to the miracles guy just so he can tell me a random thing?

PRO Member

I'm not sure if drops are affected by your covenant but I left Way of the White and joined Chaos Servants last night.... my discovery rate doesn't seem affected, but I'm now getting almost no drops at all.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Guys just a heads-up if your going to join Darkwraith Covenant beat The Four-Kings before acquiring Lordvessels or the serpent dude will not pop-up and not cannot join the Covenant..

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majinki View Post
    First...and a Half (too lazy to retype the other stuff): Chaos Servant Covenant Credit Shemhazat
    You can join this covernant right after you kill the demon spider lady at the end of Blight Town...I forget how to spell her name, so I won't bother butchering it. After she dies, head down the area underneath where the bell is and there is going to be an false wall you can hack at. Once it disapears you can talk to the white spider in there...the lady....spider lady...and join the covenant. You do not need to have the Witches Ring to be able to join the covenant, though you need it to gain ranks in it.
    You don't need the Witches Ring, just offer her Humanities to rank up.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm part of the Warrior of Sunlight Covenant

Location: You know that huge red dragon over the bridge right after you get the white summon soapstone well you need to get past him. When you climb up the stairs from the bonfire in undead burg run towards the bridge and run back he should breath fire and kill all the enemies netting you 300 souls, great place to farm btw. Go to the space on the side of the bridge opposite the stairs and keep going onto the bridge he should breath fire a few times but if you move back to the space opposite the stairs you should be safe. One time he will land after he does you need to make a mad dash past him. When you get to the room a new bonfire awaits and a doorway with a balcony. Go on the balcony and you will see a statue touch it to join the clan if you have the required stats/tasks complete.

Required Stats: To join this clan you need 50 faith. Now I know what you are thinking that is nuts 50 faith. For each person you help take down a boss tough it goes down by 5. If I have 25 faith for example if I helped 5 people beat bosses I could join the covenant. For joining you get a lightning bolt miracle that is awesome, your white soapstone mark becomes gold, when you help people with the soapstone your character is gold, and every time you help someone beat a boss you get a medal.

Other Stuff the clan gives: If you attain 10 medals you get a stronger lightning bolt miracle and if you have traded in the ten you can also trade in a soul from a boss deep into the game for the strongest lightning spell.

Legendary...Nuff Said

I'm in the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant, and here's how to join:

Firstly, you must acquire the Darkmoon Seance Ring. The ring can be found hidden in Catacombs. From the second bonfire there (note that it's hidden behind a transparent wall), travel across the bridge and down the stairs. Take out the two skeletons there and knock down the somewhat-broken piece of the wall in that room. In this room there are loads of skellies, so your best bet is to just take a suicide run. Drop down off the platform you'll be on and just run straight, past the big-skelly and all the other little ones. You'll eventually come to a tomb that will have the ring in it. Pick it up before you die.

Next you'll want to go to the second bonfire in Anor Londo. There's some confusion on where the second bonfire is located, as without some exploration, you'll be thinking that the second bonfire is the one with Solaire towards the end of the level. The second bonfire can be found by turning the spinning wheel at the center of the level to the right twice. Normally, you'll only want to turn it once to proceed with the level, but turn it once more. Continue down the stairs (if you get off at that level, you'll find yourself at the entrance of the Painted World) and you'll come across a room with a bonfire. Be sure to light and rest at it so that you can teleport directly there later. Equip the Darkmoon Seance Ring and the statue in front of you will disappear. Go down the hall and DON'T STEP THROUGH THE FOG DOOR. You'll die and won't be able to enter the covenant for the rest of the playthrough if you do so. Instead, simply kneel in front of the fog door. There's no need to learn the "kneel" gesture, just press when the game prompts you to. Enter the covenant.

The Blade of the Darkmoon covenant allows you to invade the world of players who have sinned by betraying their own covenants as they travel through Anor Londo. You'll receive a ring and the Blue Eyed Orb upon joining, which will be used to invade. The ring, when equipped, will randomly summon you to Anor Londo to invade a players world there. When summoned using the ring, the person of whom you're invading will not be warned that they've been invaded, giving you an advantage. If you use the Blue Eyed Orb, the same thing will happen, but the person who you're invading will be warned of your invasion.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Harvester of Souls

Blade thing in Anor Londo is like the Forest Hunter covenant with the kitty in the Darkroot Forest/Basin. You can get summoned there to ward off intruders like the clan of forest protectors do already lol. Pretty beast and anyone invaded there would be swamped with the invisible guys AND an invader or two summoned.

NOTE: Going to post the few basic tips for each covenant that is included in the guide for here since Sith/Majinki isn't updating right away. . Cause use my post if like to, matters not.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Harvester of Souls

Way of White
    For this covenant, simply find Petrus in Firelink Shrine after you leave the Undead Asylum and talk to him until he invites you to join the covenant.
    NOTE: Some classes start off already part of the Way of White Covenant, but you still need to talk to Petrus and have it "discovered" as the trophy says for it to unlock.

Chaos Servant
    This will probably be your next covenant you unlock in the game. For this one, you will need to find the hidden pathway near the entrance to the Demon Ruins after you have defeated the Quelaag boss. Upon finding the passage, you'll meet a pyromancer egg carrier named Eingyi who will ask if you're a new servant so simply respond "YES" and you will be allowed into Quelaag's sister's(Daughter of Chaos) chambers. Speak to her and you'll be able to join this covenant. You'll recieve a special pyromance, Great Chaos Fireball for joining and can learn a more powerful version for leveling up the covenant by offering Humanity to the Daughter of Chaos.

Warrior of Sunlight
    To join this covenant you need to either speak with Knight Solaire when your faith is 50 during his events OR after opeing the Sunlight Altar when your faith is 50. Joining this covenant will obtain you the Lightning Spear miracle and leveling it up will obtain a more powerful version as the Great Lightning Spear. Also, using the Soul of Gywn will allow you to get the Sunlight Spear miracle.
    NOTE: The Altar will open also if your faith = (Number of times you played in MP X 5) + your faith level.

Princess Guard
    At the end of Anor Londo after you have defeated the pair of bosses, Smough and Ornstein, you will be able to meet with a character named Gwynevere who you obtain the Lordvessel from. Speak with her and she'll invite you into the Princess's Guard Covenant. Joining will acquire you the Ring of the Sun Princess.

Forest Hunter
    During your travels to the Darkroot Garden and Darkroot Basin you should happen upon a messed up building. You can find Alvina of the Darkroot Wood(yes it's a cat) sitting up in a window(slightly resembling a picture I thought at first). Talk to it and you'll be invited to join the Forest Hunter covenant. You'll recieve the Cat Covenant Ring for joining and this allows play with other players of this covenant online.

Darkmoon Blade
    In Anor Londo, use the rotating bridge thing to get to the very bottom. From here, if you have the Darkmoon Sceance Ring, you will be allowed to enter the Darkmoon Tomb and thus be able to join the covenant. Joining this covenant obtains you a blue eye orb and the Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring.
    NOTE: If you enter the fog inside the chambers here, you will become engaged in a boss fight with Gywndolin.

Darkwraith
    In the Abyss you will meet Darkstalker Kaathe at the Bonfire after you defeat The Four Kings. He'll offer you to side with him over Frampt and allow you to place the Lordvessel. If you do side with him, you'll be able to join this covenant, however, if you don't he will go away and that will end it completely. Frampt leaves if you join him so keep this in mind as well. Joining this covenant will allow you to obtain the Dark Hand and leveling it up you will recieve a Red Eye Orb and the Dark set of armor.

Path to the Dragon
    For this covenant, you will need to travel through Blighttown and venture through the Great Hollow to find a location of Ash Lake. Travel to the end of this place and you will be able to pray to the Stone Dragon and join this covenant. Joining acquires you the Dragon Eye item and the Dragon Head Stone along with the Dragon Torso Stone when you level it up.
    NOTE: Apparently cutting off the dragon's tail will net you the Dragon Greatsword so keep in mind when you pray to him and I have no idea how that will affect the covenant, so beware.

Gravelord Servant
    Pretty much like Majinki says, go through the catacombs and you'll find some coffins. You can climb inside the one that is slighly open and offset from others. Wait for a bit and you'll be taken to the Altar of the Gravelord, Nito. Pray to his coffin and you will be able to join the covenant. Joining will acquire you the Gravelord Sword and the Gravelord Sword Dance miracle.
    NOTE: You need to have an eye of death in your inventory when resting in the coffin. Unconfirmed, but told so keep in mind.

Harvester of Souls

Random update for some covenants .

Gravelord Servant
    You can have humanity and be human and eveyrhting, doesn't affect resting in the coffin. As for the prowling demon in background, just don't piss him off or haul ass and jump into the coffin and won't bother you. You DO NEED atleast one eye of death, but luckily if the basiliks haven't dropped any for you, there are 3 of them behind the demon. Run by him, grab and then jump into the coffin and wait.

Path to the Dragon
    I was skeptical on getting the greatsword from cutting off his tail so I said heck with it.. as when saw trophies, assumed he was a statue dragon until I seen him and then too afraid I'd piss him off.. not so much worried about breaking covenant. BUT You can hack off his tail, and be perfectly fine with the covenant and him. I joined, cut off tail and was still in so does no harm.

Darkmoon Blade
    If you kill gywnevere, you basically find out that it's just an illusion of Gywndolin and he gets pissed off so you won't be able to join. Reason Gywnevere only has 1 HP I guess haha. But also, the Lady of the Darkling can be killed without any reprecussions with the blades. I accidentally attacked and had to kill her, and didn't affect the covenant at all.. well joined afterwards but yeah. Also, you can evens till join Princess Guard after killing Gywndolin for some reason, his illusion won't go away so keep in mind, but useless covenant aside from the trophy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

the Path to the Dragon Rules them all is so freaking awesome when you reach level 2 and become a dragon