Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Dragon Glitch!!

This is a discussion on Red Dragon Glitch!! within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Ok so I stumbled across a nice/horrible glitch about 10 minutes ago, basically I killed the big Red Dragon on ...

Nope, nothing

Red Dragon Glitch!!

Ok so I stumbled across a nice/horrible glitch about 10 minutes ago, basically I killed the big Red Dragon on the bridge with 1 arrow :stare:

What happened is; (I have already got the sword from shooting the tail) after I went across the underside of the bridge with the dragon above you, I went through the room with the 3 rats in it and climb the ladder. Went straight up the steps in the tower to encounter the Black Knight, killed it and then went to the top.

From the top you can see the back of the Dragon so I shot it, it then jumped forward and disappeared like it was just too far for the character/game to see if you know what I mean.

I then got 10,000 souls and the dragon is not there any more....
    I didn't get an item or anything and I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if I have missed a valuable item?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Don't worry

I got the official guide by Future press. It says, the only thing HellKite Dragon drops is Drakes sword (need to cut the tail). So don't worry.

Emperor

Lucky you, when i get to the tower where the black knight was, the dragon disappears, but when Go to the bridge it is there again.
    Signature by Blacklisthunta

Toggle Spoiler

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by autumn_xxvii View Post
    I got the official guide by Future press. It says, the only thing HellKite Dragon drops is Drakes sword (need to cut the tail). So don't worry.
    Thanks very much sir

Quote Originally Posted by sammingo View Post
    Lucky you, when i get to the tower where the black knight was, the dragon disappears, but when Go to the bridge it is there again.
    I didn't go there straight away..

The Temple of the King

Yea, I got that earlier today too, I was wonder what the hell was going on. And on top of that, I DIDN'T HIT THE TAIL AT ALL. Profound Sadness.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I then got 10,000 souls and the dragon is not there any more....
    I didn't get an item or anything and I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if I have missed a valuable item?
    Happened the same thing BUT not a single shot shot was fired by me!!! And yeah, according to the official guide Drakes sword is the only item drop.

Ok so what happened with the Red dragon in my game is that while I was doing the easy 300 souls-in 30 seconds exploit (with the shortcut ladder already active), I was on my 15th run (after bonfiring) and for some reason the dragon was walking on the bridge and going berserk. And as soon as he breathed fire out of his mouth, he either killed himself OR got hit by ONE bolt (lmost the same as yours) by one of the 2 crossbowers. And there went my easy 10,000 souls lol. God for me too coz I already got the Drake sword so I knew for sure that I did not miss anything with its untimely demise .

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by skinner49 View Post
    Yea, I got that earlier today too, I was wonder what the hell was going on. And on top of that, I DIDN'T HIT THE TAIL AT ALL. Profound Sadness.
    Try quitting and then reloading your game and see if its orb appears for you to pick up the sword. I know it's a long shot but hey, who knows???

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by der Krankenschwester View Post
    Happened the same thing BUT not a single shot shot was fired by me!!! And yeah, according to the official guide Drakes sword is the only item drop.

Ok so what happened with the Red dragon in my game is that while I was doing the easy 300 souls-in 30 seconds exploit (with the shortcut ladder already active), I was on my 15th run (after bonfiring) and for some reason the dragon was walking on the bridge and going berserk. And as soon as he breathed fire out of his mouth, he either killed himself OR got hit by ONE bolt (lmost the same as yours) by one of the 2 crossbowers. And there went my easy 10,000 souls lol. God for me too coz I already got the Drake sword so I knew for sure that I did not miss anything with its untimely demise .
    Well that's pretty messed up :stare: glad you got the sword though.

What 300 souls in 30 seconds exploit

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Well that's pretty messed up :stare: glad you got the sword though.

300 souls is basically just let the dragon breath fire from the monster in the bridge then go down to the bonfire near the beginning then repeat it.. hope this actually helps..

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by xero21 View Post
    300 souls is basically just let the dragon breath fire from the monster in the bridge then go down to the bonfire near the beginning then repeat it.. hope this actually helps..
    Ah right I might try this later, thanks

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ah right I might try this later, thanks
    NP! but here's the video if you didn't fully understand me (forgive my english) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB3yVvrfUJU

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by xero21 View Post
    NP! but here's the video if you didn't fully understand me (forgive my english) Dark Souls Early Soul Farming/Soul Grinding Technique - YouTube
    I understood you buddy and your english is perfectly fine

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah what zero21 said

But to be more specific: what you wanna do is start at the undead berg bonfire then run upstairs. Instead of making a left towards the undead parish shortcut, head straight up the stairs infront of you and then bait yourself until the dragon breathes out fire. You get easy 300 souls. Now the tricky part is keeping the process at or under 30 seconds.

You can either ran as quick back down the stairs as you can OR run to the farthest right corner of the guardrails. If you have high enough vitality, you wont have to worry about these as you can just let yourself burn and then get up and run down the stairs. SOmetimes enemies will converge by the stairs so you have no choice but to be roasted with them.

Sprint back down to the bonfire and rinse and repeat.

The Temple of the King

Quote Originally Posted by der Krankenschwester View Post
    Try quitting and then reloading your game and see if its orb appears for you to pick up the sword. I know it's a long shot but hey, who knows???
    Yea, about that.... I'm already about 10 hours past reloading my game and hoping it'll pop up.

As long as there is NG+, I don't mind. If not......

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yea, about that.... I'm already about 10 hours past reloading my game and hoping it'll pop up.

As long as there is NG+, I don't mind. If not......
    Don't worry man there is new game +

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I encountered a similar glitch at Ash Lake, Warning Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by BALLZ View Post
    I encountered a similar glitch at Ash Lake, Warning Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

DAMN MAN!! I might try this lol, I hate that thing
    Did you get any items from it?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This exact thing just happened to me last night...

I broke the tail a day earlier and later thought i would go buy arrows to try and kill it... i shot a few arrows at it but the dragon took VERY little damage so i just moved onto bigger and better things... later after i killed a boss or two and unlocked the basement and ran around down there for a while i came back up and the dragon fell from his perch and dropped 10k in souls... i then killed the 5 enemies on the bridge and went to the bonfire that the dragon was protecting (there was nothing else that the dragon was protecting so maybe he is meant to just bleed out after a few shots???).

anyway... kinda a blessing and a curse because now i cant go back and kick its butt using skill... but on the flip side i got a good amount of souls for virtually nothing and now i don't HAVE to go back and kill it, lol...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

yeah try to reload and go both above and under the bridge to see if he left an orb thingy...

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DAMN MAN!! I might try this lol, I hate that thing
    Did you get any items from it?
    Yea i got 2 dragon scales and 10000 souls. This place has like 5 or 6 dragon scales total so u can level up ur drake sword and you will need to drop by here to get the trophy for the dragon covenet so go check it out.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast