Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Dark Souls help thread

This is a discussion on Dark Souls help thread within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Q: Can anyone tell me if the difficulty increases in each consecutive playthrough of Dark Souls after new game+? I ...

Game on....

Q: Can anyone tell me if the difficulty increases in each consecutive playthrough of Dark Souls after new game+?

I need to know if the enemies and bosses increase in strength again on 'New Game ++' and 'New Game +++'?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Q: Can anyone tell me if the difficulty increases in each consecutive playthrough of Dark Souls after new game+?

I need to know if the enemies and bosses increase in strength again on 'New Game ++' and 'New Game +++'?
    Yes.. The biggest jump in difficulty is NG+. You won't notice it as much in later playthroughs because you can level up at a better rate than the jump in difficulty. If you leveled up enough in your 1st playthrough, NG+ shouldn't give you too many headaches. At least this was the way it was with Demon's Souls, and I'm assuming it's the same here.

Since Aug. 09

Whats the best way to travel new londo ruins? Straight up cursed or use the transient curse? (only last for 300 secs. i think) Maybe a cursed weapon? (far from having any) Also i cant find the peculiar doll to enter the painted world, any help will be appreciated.

Dominate!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    Whats the best way to travel new londo ruins? Straight up cursed or use the transient curse? (only last for 300 secs. i think) Maybe a cursed weapon? (far from having any) Also i cant find the peculiar doll to enter the painted world, any help will be appreciated.
    At first, I had to use the transient curse. If you equip the covetous ring or whatever it's called, you should get the ghosts to drop plenty of them. I later upgraded the ghost blade to +5 and that help a lot if I forgot to reactive the transient curse.

The doll is in the cell, where you started the game. You have to go back to the crow and have him take you back to Undead Asylum and backtrack to your cell. There is a Black Knight or 2 you will have to fight on the way back. Also, if you go into the room where you fought the first boss, you will fall through the floor and have to fight a stronger version of him (if you walk in the middle of the room).

Since Aug. 09

ok thanks, i couldn't figure out how i was gonna keep buying them...there like 4gs lol. since there a drop thats what ill do. i couldn't stand playing cursed for 2 days earlier in the game, anything to keep my full health bar.

Dominate!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Can anyone tell me why I couldn't trade my pyromancy flame(ascension+5) with Hawk girl?

When I started my new game+ I did drop a regular pryromancy flame and I got a red titanite chunk. Later in the game, I re-visit Undead Asylum and I dropped a Pyromancy ascension+5 so I can get a red titanite slab but it wouldn't take it. Why?

Lvl 6 - Silver

I think you cannot trade Pyromancer's Flame Ascension+5 for Red Titanite Slab..

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by autumn_xxvii View Post
    Can anyone tell me why I couldn't trade my pyromancy flame(ascension+5) with Hawk girl?

When I started my new game+ I did drop a regular pryromancy flame and I got a red titanite chunk. Later in the game, I re-visit Undead Asylum and I dropped a Pyromancy ascension+5 so I can get a red titanite slab but it wouldn't take it. Why?
    Not sure if you can drop the ascended Pyro flame, but even if you can then it wouldn't make a difference. You can only trade ONE of each item to Snuggly the Crow per playthrough. Anything else would be wasted as it would vanish. Best to use Snuggly with caution.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

In the Dark Souls official guide it shows you can drop two pyromancy flame to Hawk girl but I read it somewhere on another forum you'll need a ascended Pyro flame to get the red titanite slab.

Can Eingyi, Laurentius, or Quelaana revert the ascended Pyro flame to regular Pyro flame?

RPG Master

In the Dark Souls official guide it shows you can drop two pyromancy flame to Hawk girl but I read it somewhere on another forum you'll need a ascended Pyro flame to get the red titanite slab.

Can Eingyi, Laurentius, or Quelaana revert the ascended Pyro flame to regular Pyro flame?
    I dont think you can descend the pyro flame. It is easier and simpler (because you have to for the plat) to just pick up your second Red Titanite Slab in NG+
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    I went with curse for the upper portion, since the ghosts are pretty easy but then you don't have to worry about it wearing off. Once they were all taken care of, I purged the curse and only used transient curses when dealing with a ghost here or there. Good to have full health when taking on multiple darkwraiths. If you're going in by way of Valley of Drake don't even bother with curse.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by xero21 View Post
    I think you cannot trade Pyromancer's Flame Ascension+5 for Red Titanite Slab..
    Yes, an Ascended Pyromancy flame is a legitimate drop for Snuggly.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Not sure if you can drop the ascended Pyro flame, but even if you can then it wouldn't make a difference. You can only trade ONE of each item to Snuggly the Crow per playthrough. Anything else would be wasted as it would vanish. Best to use Snuggly with caution.
    I would venture to say that this is correct. Although you've 'ascended' the pyromancy flame, it's still a pyromancy flame, so for all intents and purposes, you can assume that you're dropping two of the same item, and you'll get nothing in return for the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    I dont think you can descend the pyro flame. It is easier and simpler (because you have to for the plat) to just pick up your second Red Titanite Slab in NG+
    As far as I know, Shem is correct. There is no way to descend the pyromancy flame. Ideally, if you want to get both the Red Titanite Chunk and Red Titanite Slab from Snuggly, it's probably a good idea to get them on two separate playthroughs.

BTW, before I saw this banter, I coincidentally added a 'snuggly' portion to the guide, so be sure to check it out.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    Yes.. The biggest jump in difficulty is NG+. You won't notice it as much in later playthroughs because you can level up at a better rate than the jump in difficulty. If you leveled up enough in your 1st playthrough, NG+ shouldn't give you too many headaches. At least this was the way it was with Demon's Souls, and I'm assuming it's the same here.
    I have just started NG++ and i got from the start of the game to ringing the bell in the tower in about 20 minutes The game seems a lot easier on NG++.

My character being level 132 probably has something to do with it I found an excellent place to farm souls which isn't on youtube yet and i have been using this method to build my characters level up since the start of NG+. Roughly 15000 souls every minute and on NG++ this should increase again.

KCCO!

My character being level 132 probably has something to do with it I found an excellent place to farm souls which isn't on youtube yet and i have been using this method to build my characters level up since the start of NG+. Roughly 15000 souls every minute and on NG++ this should increase again.
    You mind sharing the details of this with me via a PM? I have a capture card so I could make a video if I meet all the requirements for your farming method.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Knight's Honor Trophy?

I'm almost done with my 2nd playthrough and still I haven't received the Stone Greatshield, Black Knight GreatSword and the Titanite Catch Pole. I don't understand. I have the gold serpent ring and lots of humanity.

Is there something I need to do?

KCCO!

Knight's Honor Trophy?

I'm almost done with my 2nd playthrough and still I haven't received the Stone Greatshield, Black Knight GreatSword and the Titanite Catch Pole. I don't understand. I have the gold serpent ring and lots of humanity.

I've updated the list of weapons. Apparently the Titanite Catch Pole isn't required. The other two I believe still are.

Game on....

Knight's Honor Trophy?

The stone greatshield is a very rare drop and i still don't have it on my NG++ playthrough? I have the other two items you mentioned.

Here are a two more items that are very rare drops required for the Knight's Honor trophy. Which i don't have yet?

Ghost Blade
    Silver Knight Shield

KCCO!

The stone greatshield is a very rare drop and i still don't have it on my NG++ playthrough? I have the other two items you mentioned.

Here are a two more items that are very rare drops required for the Knight's Honor trophy. Which i don't have yet?

Ghost Blade
    Silver Knight Shield
    From what I've read, the Ghost Blade isn't needed for the trophy...only the Jagged Ghost Blade. I changed the guide to reflect this.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    From what I've read, the Ghost Blade isn't needed for the trophy...only the Jagged Ghost Blade. I changed the guide to reflect this.
    That is a relief to be honest. Thanks for the heads up.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Titanite Catch Pole and Ghost blade aren't required. I got the trophy without those weapons.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast