Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Dark Souls help thread

This is a discussion on Dark Souls help thread within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Damn i was about to make a Q&A, Hints/Tips thread but this is just as fine So here what i ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Damn i was about to make a Q&A, Hints/Tips thread but this is just as fine So here what i know so far as im still in undead church

Undead Church lots of enemies seem susceptible to fire so Pyromancer best class to start with?

If you have the master key and right before you go to the Taurus demon and you open the door i just beat that big ass guard with 40 firebombs and got the Haven or Havel ring *what you do is you bring all the way upstairs out near the door cuz he wont pass you lure him to attack roll back (backin up better) Throw fire bomb rinse repeat*

Same thing with the knight on thhe cover of the game but instead go up the ladder where those fire-bombers throw things at you and just keep throwing firebombs down on him simple!

Also Taurus demon bad against fire bombs!?!!

Im going to buy a whooole bunch of bombs! lol

Thats it for now!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I'm sure I used one and couldn't lock on to them....

I have another question for anyone who knows;

In Sen's Fortress:

Toggle Spoiler

There is a ladder in the corner of the room that you can climb up. Once you get up there is an illusionary wall you can get rid of and you will be back to where you started

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    Damn i was about to make a Q&A, Hints/Tips thread but this is just as fine So here what i know so far as im still in undead church

Undead Church lots of enemies seem susceptible to fire so Pyromancer best class to start with?

If you have the master key and right before you go to the Taurus demon and you open the door i just beat that big ass guard with 40 firebombs and got the Haven or Havel ring *what you do is you bring all the way upstairs out near the door cuz he wont pass you lure him to attack roll back (backin up better) Throw fire bomb rinse repeat*

Same thing with the knight on thhe cover of the game but instead go up the ladder where those fire-bombers throw things at you and just keep throwing firebombs down on him simple!

Also Taurus demon bad against fire bombs!?!!

Im going to buy a whooole bunch of bombs! lol

Thats it for now!
    It's really easy to beat havel by just backstabbing him. Even with your beginning equipment

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by P-BOW View Post
    It's really easy to beat havel by just backstabbing him. Even with your beginning equipment
    Man i dont know why but they have made backstabbing in DS way more difficult then from the first one! One minute i think i got bs down the next it doesnt do it! Like wtf?

Legendary...Nuff Said

As a general tip for Sen's Fortress, which is most definitely the hardest level I have ever played in a game before...

• There are a lot of traps here, so proceed with caution. Watch the floor, as there will be numerous arrow traps that are activated by stepping on the a specific place in the floor. When there aren't arrow traps, you'll find yourself facing some swinging blade traps on narrow paths. Take your time if you can and get the timing right. Don't try to bolt past every swinging blade at a time (except for one specific time), but rather be patient and take your time with them.

If you can, bring a bow and arrows here. They will help a ton. When you're on the narrow ledges with the swinging blades, a enemy with a cobra-head will most likely be shooting you with electric magic, making your time on these ledges extremely difficult. Try to snipe him from afar to get rid of the problem altogether.

Watch out for boulders. They do massive damage, so be careful when you're on or near one of the boulder paths that you can identify because the floor looks as if something huge has rolled on it (you'll know it when you see it). You'll eventually come to a mechanism that will allow you to change the direction of the boulders, making your life easier for the time being. Turn it counter-clockwise 3 times so that the boulders won't give you anymore trouble. The mechanism will reset upon death.

You can free an NPC named Big Hat Logan if you turn the boulder mechanism counter-clockwise once. The boulder will smash through a wall, allowing you to go to him and free him from his cage if you have the Master Key or another key that can be found near under the merchant in the level (who you can find by doing a run-jump across the broken part of the bridge later in the level). He will go to Firelink Shrine and teach you magic.

When you get onto the roof, be warned that a giant will be throwing huge firebombs at you from above, that will do massive damage. Carefully evade the fire for now, and when you reach the fog gate to go to the boss, don't go through it but keep going up and kill the giant. If you don't he'll continue to throw bombs at you during the boss fight, making it even more difficult than it already is.

There's also a somewhat hidden bonfire in the level. Refer to this video on how to reach it. If you can, it'll make things a lot easier.

Hope this helps. The level is hard as shit.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 10-10-2011 at 11:34 PM.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

Red Soul signs aren't really Red. So don't listen to anyone who says they are for PvP. Those with the Red Signs are actually part of the Sun Covenant.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Majinki View Post
    Red Soul signs aren't really Red. So don't listen to anyone who says they are for PvP. Those with the Red Signs are actually part of the Sun Covenant.
    Actually the Red Soul signs are really for PvP look here http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Red+Sign+Soapstone

Legendary...Nuff Said

I highly recommend leaving Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo for last unless you want to join the Blade of Darkmoon Covenant. These levels are easily the hardest levels I have ever played, and make even Demon's Souls' most difficult levels look like a cakewalk.

Since the game is open world, you can complete the levels in whichever order you so please. While there is a story to be followed here, it's suggested that you finish everything up before heading out to Sen's Fortress. Don't worry, you can come back to Firelink Shrine if you choose to go to Anor Londo, but I must recommend leveling up a ton before trying. I'm currently about mid-way through Anor Londo and it's kicking my ass at SL 34. If I didn't have the Black Knight's Sword I'd be shit outta luck.

If you, however, want to be in the Blade of Darkmoon Covenant, don't be too afraid to come here as early as possible. All covenants give you specific online abilities, so you can have fun as a Blade of Darkmoon earlier, and I also believe you get some sweet gear and weapons, so it's a good risk/reward situation.

PRO Member

I actually just finished Sen's Fortress, and I have a few of the side areas that branch off of Firelink to complete. It wasn't as bad as I expected. I had more trouble in Blighttown TBH. On my 3rd attempt, I was able to beat the Iron Golem without taking any damage. I love pyromancy But Anor Londo is going to have to wait, I want to get some of the other areas done. I'm not looking forward to going back to the New Londo Ruins... not a fan of the whole curse thing.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Majinki View Post
    Hmm that's odd because I got my red stone from the painted world of ariamas and it says on the description, "leave invasion sign". I don't think the game is lying

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I actually just finished Sen's Fortress, and I have a few of the side areas that branch off of Firelink to complete. It wasn't as bad as I expected. I had more trouble in Blighttown TBH. On my 3rd attempt, I was able to beat the Iron Golem without taking any damage. I love pyromancy But Anor Londo is going to have to wait, I want to get some of the other areas done. I'm not looking forward to going back to the New Londo Ruins... not a fan of the whole curse thing.
    Unless you want to backtrack out of Sen's Fortress, then there's no way to find yourself back unless you have a homeward bone and didn't rest at the one bonfire within the Sen's Fortress level.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Anyone know what is past the door when you beat Havel (in undead church master key room before Taurus demon ) cuz I feel death emanating from beyond the door! o.O

RPG Master

I just got the Lordvessel after the annoying Anor Londo double boss fight. I'm going to hold off on talking to Kingseeker Frampt until after i finish up some of the side areas.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    Anyone know what is past the door when you beat Havel (in undead church master key room before Taurus demon ) cuz I feel death emanating from beyond the door! o.O
    It leads to the bottom of the forest near the Hydra

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Unless you want to backtrack out of Sen's Fortress, then there's no way to find yourself back unless you have a homeward bone and didn't rest at the one bonfire within the Sen's Fortress level.
    There are cages that right in the room prior to the Iron Golem. You can take the cages down to the bridge wear the first swinging blades are... The key to the cages is down the long stairs under the merchant in Sen's Fortress.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I kid, I kid. I do have a question, however. I was able to pick up the Sword of Astoria (guarded by the Undead Dragon) on a suicide run, but I have no idea what it does. Does it have any special abilities? You'd think a sword guarded so closely by a big F***ing dragon would do something special...
    It is special it is basically one of the best swords for a cleric since it scales with faith, it also deals half of its damage as holy damage so undead are weak to it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

google DARK SOULS WIKIDOT. will make ur life easier.
    grey wolf sif is a BITCH fire helps..how 2 kill hellkite any1?
    good farming in the depths curse frogs 200 souls ea 3000 a run w rats DONT FALL DOWN THE HOLES IN HALLS. curse=instant death, wake up half life. bring purging stone 2b safe, jack up humanity value to boost curse meter

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Scroda View Post
    google DARK SOULS WIKIDOT. will make ur life easier.
    grey wolf sif is a BITCH fire helps..how 2 kill hellkite any1?
    good farming in the depths curse frogs 200 souls ea 3000 a run w rats DONT FALL DOWN THE HOLES IN HALLS. curse=instant death, wake up half life. bring purging stone 2b safe, jack up humanity value to boost curse meter
    Yup Dark Souls Wikidot really helps alot i have been using this since..

PRO Member

Hope somebody can answer this. I am no longer really using Drake Sword (Divine Axe FTW!)... however, I would use it if I could get some decent leveling out of it. I have plenty of dragon scales, and am wonder if it is worth wasting resources on it. I know I can increase attack significantly by taking it to +5. Now, my question is, can I ascend the drake sword when it gets to +5, like to fire or magic, etc? Or is this weapon not able to ascend?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    Hope somebody can answer this. I am no longer really using Drake Sword (Divine Axe FTW!)... however, I would use it if I could get some decent leveling out of it. I have plenty of dragon scales, and am wonder if it is worth wasting resources on it. I know I can increase attack significantly by taking it to +5. Now, my question is, can I ascend the drake sword when it gets to +5, like to fire or magic, etc? Or is this weapon not able to ascend?
    The answer is no dude the drake sword can only go until +5 and cannot ascend anymore hope this helps..

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast