Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Dark Souls help thread

This is a discussion on Dark Souls help thread within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by xero21 Actually the ember you get on Duke's is Large Magic Ember the Divine one is on ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by xero21 View Post
    Actually the ember you get on Duke's is Large Magic Ember the Divine one is on Tombs of the Giants..
    You're correct about large divine. Duke's has the large magic and crystal.

Game on....

Anyone know how i can repair a weapon that has a Crystal element?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Anyone know how i can repair a weapon that has a Crystal element?
    Crystal Weapons cannot be repaired..

Game on....

Crystal Weapons cannot be repaired..
    That sucks big time! Looks like i will feed the Crystal Halberd to Kingseeker Frampt for souls.

Nope, nothing

Actually the ember you get on Duke's is Large Magic Ember the Divine one is on Tombs of the Giants..
    So I must have given it to the right guy...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

quick question about covenants. do you just have to be offered to join to get trophy or do you have to join?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    quick question about covenants. do you just have to be offered to join to get trophy or do you have to join?
    Just offered. The trophy descriptions say 'discovered said covenant'.... I've had the trophy ding a couple of times before responding to the question.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    Just offered. The trophy descriptions say 'discovered said covenant'.... I've had the trophy ding a couple of times before responding to the question.
    thats good, i prefer not committing to things that might affect the rest of the game

PRO Member

Just found a nice place to farm humanity. Go back to the Archive Prison tower. Go down to the cells where you freed Big Hat for the 2nd time. There will be about a dozen of those blue-headed dragon things that try to eat your face. They are easy to kill and I'm getting about 2 humanity per run. BTW, I have the Covetous ring equipped.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    So I must have given it to the right guy...
    Yup, you have to give it to Andrei the blacksmith on Undead Parish..

Just found a nice place to farm humanity. Go back to the Archive Prison tower. Go down to the cells where you freed Big Hat for the 2nd time. There will be about a dozen of those blue-headed dragon things that try to eat your face. They are easy to kill and I'm getting about 2 humanity per run. BTW, I have the Covetous ring equipped.
    Yes, you are right i have farmed there too if your Item Discovery is 410 capped.. sometimes the monster there will drop 3-4 humanitys..

Nope, nothing

Interesting, I might wait for this place then to get 30 humanity for the covenant

Yup, you have to give it to Andrei the blacksmith on Undead Parish..
    I'm sure that guy wouldn't let it get past +5, any chance it might be because of the weapon? It's only a Halberd...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm sure that guy wouldn't let it get past +5, any chance it might be because of the weapon? It's only a Halberd...
    They made it kind of weird to upgrade weapons. If you are at +5 you need to pick modify weapon instead of reinforce to get to +6 and up.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by whitestormy View Post
    They made it kind of weird to upgrade weapons. If you are at +5 you need to pick modify weapon instead of reinforce to get to +6 and up.
    yeah but it isn't there

No idea why

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yeah but it isn't there

No idea why
    You can't give it to the guy behind the bars so I don't think you did. You probably gave the large divine ember to the blacksmith by undead parish/sen's fortress/darkroot garden. That is where you can upgrade your divine to +10

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hmmm Halberd can past to +5 cuz i have a Halberd on +15 it's either you didn't have the Ember or it's a Glitch..

PRO Member

Had a hell of a time trying to cut off Seath's tail last night. I haven't cut any tails off any of the bosses. This is the first one I made an effort at, and failed! I spent a good 2 hours trying before I said screw it. The first time I fought him, those damn crab things somehow got into the room with us. Also, I realized I got rid of my Dingy Set, so I had to find another outfit with Curse protection. Boss is easy, but his damn tail kept disappearing into the wall.

Also, how do I easily get the egg grow on my head? I want to get those spells from Eingyi.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Had a hell of a time trying to cut off Seath's tail last night. I haven't cut any tails off any of the bosses. This is the first one I made an effort at, and failed! I spent a good 2 hours trying before I said screw it. The first time I fought him, those damn crab things somehow got into the room with us. Also, I realized I got rid of my Dingy Set, so I had to find another outfit with Curse protection. Boss is easy, but his damn tail kept disappearing into the wall.

Also, how do I easily get the egg grow on my head? I want to get those spells from Eingyi.
    Cutting of the tail of Seath is easy just hit it on the middle of the tip of his tail..
    then for the egg just hit the egg thingy man with a talisman or something light then let him attack you till something from the egg hatches then bite your head if your head itches thats the symptoms of getting an egg on your HEAD not egg.. lol
    Last edited by xero21; 10-18-2011 at 07:29 AM.

PRO Member

Cutting of the tail of Seath is easy just hit it on the middle of the tip of his tail..
    then for the egg just hit the egg thingy man with a talisman or something light then let him attack you till something from the egg hatches then bite your head if your head itches thats the symptoms of getting an egg on your HEAD not egg.. lol
    Yeah... I just thought off that. I've been one-hitting them and letting the worms attack me... lol. That hasn't worked.
    I tried to get his tail so many times and thought I had hit it. I will try again in NG+. Does it matter which of the tails you attack? I was going after the middle one coming out of his back.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yeah... I just thought off that. I've been one-hitting them and letting the worms attack me... lol. That hasn't worked.
    I tried to get his tail so many times and thought I had hit it. I will try again in NG+. Does it matter which of the tails you attack? I was going after the middle one coming out of his back.
    Yes it does matter if your hitting it where it connects to Seath's back then it will never come off but but if your hitting it almost on the tip of it's tail it will come off with 2 or 3 hits depending on your damage..

PRO Member

Yes it does matter if your hitting it where it connects to Seath's back then it will never come off but but if your hitting it almost on the tip of it's tail it will come off with 2 or 3 hits depending on your damage..
    I was hitting it towards the end, maybe not the very tip since the damn thing was always in the wall.

Another question, does defeating Bed of Chaos break the Chaos Covenant? I want to get tye pyro spell from here before I fight Bed if that's the case.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast