Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Dark Souls help thread

This is a discussion on Dark Souls help thread within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by MatCauthon I was hitting it towards the end, maybe not the very tip since the damn thing ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I was hitting it towards the end, maybe not the very tip since the damn thing was always in the wall.

Another question, does defeating Bed of Chaos break the Chaos Covenant? I want to get tye pyro spell from here before I fight Bed if that's the case.
    Yes Seath is very annoying if he's on the wall but just circle him and he will turn around and the tail will be visible again..
    for the other question the answer is no you will not break the rules of the Chaos Covenant..

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by xero21 View Post
    Yes Seath is very annoying if he's on the wall but just circle him and he will turn around and the tail will be visible again..
    for the other question the answer is no you will not break the rules of the Chaos Covenant..
    Who or what do I have to avoid attacking so not to break the covenant? They said something like not to her the lady or her sisters or something like that.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Who or what do I have to avoid attacking so not to break the covenant? They said something like not to her the lady or her sisters or something like that.
    I only know if you hit her it will break the Covenant's Rules and will grow a very huge egg on your head the only way to remove it is a loot from the two-headed snake..

PRO Member

I only know if you hit her it will break the Covenant's Rules and will grow a very huge egg on your head the only way to remove it is a loot from the two-headed snake..
    Okay... thanks for the help. Going to have to farm 30 humanity now... oh joy!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Okay... thanks for the help. Going to have to farm 30 humanity now... oh joy!
    Cool, and NP hope i helped..

Nope, nothing

Hmmm Halberd can past to +5 cuz i have a Halberd on +15 it's either you didn't have the Ember or it's a Glitch..
    That's pretty annoying, I suppose I will just upgrade a different weapon to max divine

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    That's pretty annoying, I suppose I will just upgrade a different weapon to max divine
    Try Estoc it is really cool if it's Divine

Nope, nothing

I shall indeed

Legendary...Nuff Said

Eh, I think a Lightning Estoc is cooler than Divine, and it does more damage. Unless you're using it solely for the Catacombs, I'd go Lightning.

Question: If you undo an ascension, do you get your Titanite shards/chunks/etc back? Reason being is that I'd rather have the Moonlight Butterfly Horn than a Lightning Estoc because it's a unique weapon which probably does more damage, but I'd like to use that Titanite I previously used for other weapons. If so, it'd be really helpful.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

RPG Master

No jack, you get nothing back if you de-ascend a weapon
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Game on....

Q: Does anyone know how to get around the copy protection on Dark Souls save files? (I want to backup my save data to my memory stick)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Q: Does anyone know how to get around the copy protection on Dark Souls save files? (I want to backup my save data to my memory stick)
    You can't. I had to back mine up to the cloud, but you need PS+ for that.

PRO Member

I did the Great Hollow / Ash Lake last night. I'm glad the Hydra killed himself... didn't feel like fighting him again. But Great Hollow is nowhere near as bad as I'd heard. Only problem with it is that there seem to be a lot of collision glitches when you are descending. It's pretty annoying when you are trying to walk onto a platform, and there is an invisible wall in front of you. Going to have to go back... missing a drop or two near the bottom.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I did the Great Hollow / Ash Lake last night. I'm glad the Hydra killed himself... didn't feel like fighting him again. But Great Hollow is nowhere near as bad as I'd heard. Only problem with it is that there seem to be a lot of collision glitches when you are descending. It's pretty annoying when you are trying to walk onto a platform, and there is an invisible wall in front of you. Going to have to go back... missing a drop or two near the bottom.
    lol how did the hydra kill himself?!

PRO Member

lol how did the hydra kill himself?!
    I wasn't ready to fight him.... so I kept running down the path to the next bonfire. As I was returning... he was struggling to get back... went over the sandbar and disappeared. Got 10k souls and 2 demon shards

Lvl 6 - Silver

lol!! atleast your lucky enough to let the hydra kill himself i have struggled to kill him last time i faced the monster..

PRO Member

lol!! atleast your lucky enough to let the hydra kill himself i have struggled to kill him last time i faced the monster..
    I looked online and I guess it is something that happens quite frequently with that hyrdra. Some kind of glitch if you run to the other side of Ash Lake. I guess since these areas were optional, the developers kinda didn't notice/care about that and all the dumb glitches in the Great Hollow.

Question. My pyro flame is at +15. Is it worth upgrading to the next flame from Quelena?

Lvl 6 - Silver

I looked online and I guess it is something that happens quite frequently with that hyrdra. Some kind of glitch if you run to the other side of Ash Lake. I guess since these areas were optional, the developers kinda didn't notice/care about that and all the dumb glitches in the Great Hollow.

Question. My pyro flame is at +15. Is it worth upgrading to the next flame from Quelena?
    The Answer is definately yes!! the flame attacks will definately rise to cool to badass...

PRO Member

The Answer is definately yes!! the flame attacks will definately rise to cool to badass...
    She goes after I defeat Bed of Chaos, right? So I should upgrade my flame prior to that or i'll have to wait until NG +

And all if have to say is a big FU to my original pyro trainer that got pissed and went to the swamp. He scared the crap out of me because I wasn't expecting him.

Lvl 6 - Silver

She goes after I defeat Bed of Chaos, right? So I should upgrade my flame prior to that or i'll have to wait until NG +

And all if have to say is a big FU to my original pyro trainer that got pissed and went to the swamp. He scared the crap out of me because I wasn't expecting him.
    No you don't have to wait until NG+ she is on the first pillar if your on the water wheel she is behind it.. i also am surprised about Laurentius when you turned like a black phantom it seems that if you answer yes if he is telling you about the Great Chaos Fireball he will left Firelink and go to the swamps and become hostile..

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast