Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clean up question

This is a discussion on Clean up question within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; If I am right before the ending, the final bosses. I'm not but can I backtrack, or warp back to ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Clean up question

If I am right before the ending, the final bosses. I'm not but can I backtrack, or warp back to armor locations, weapons, farm upgrade stones and discover covenants without problem, for trophies?

I want to keep my knowledge of this game limited, so that'll I enjoy it more. But I don't like the idea of having replay an entire playthrough for something missed. Obs I'm aware I need to play the game 2,5 playthroughs

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Once in the final area you'll have to enter a fog door before beating the game, so you'll be able to warp back to the main areas at any point prior to that.

Negator

You can get the platinum in a single playthrough.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    How can this be achieved?
    What part are you finding hard to believe?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    If I am right before the ending, the final bosses. I'm not but can I backtrack, or warp back to armor locations, weapons, farm upgrade stones and discover covenants without problem, for trophies?

I want to keep my knowledge of this game limited, so that'll I enjoy it more. But I don't like the idea of having replay an entire playthrough for something missed. Obs I'm aware I need to play the game 2,5 playthroughs
    As long as you don't defeat the end-game boss, you can backtrack to pretty much anywhere in the game. Keep in mind that certain things (e.g., a couple of covenant trophies) are missable depending on what actions you take leading up to the end-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    You can get the platinum in a single playthrough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    How can this be achieved?
    • Back up your save
    • Defeat Gwynn
    • Choose and ending
    • Reload your save
    • Defeat Gwynn again
    • Choose other ending
    • Plat!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    As long as you don't defeat the end-game boss, you can backtrack to pretty much anywhere in the game. Keep in mind that certain things (e.g., a couple of covenant trophies) are missable depending on what actions you take leading up to the end-game.

• Back up your save
    • Defeat Gwynn
    • Choose and ending
    • Reload your save
    • Defeat Gwynn again
    • Choose other ending
    • Plat!
    But the weapons that require sif's soul? What? they can be dropped right?

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

But the weapons that require sif's soul? What? they can be dropped right?
    Yes, they can be dropped.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Loving the game so far, also just had my first soul die loss. and ofc it had to be my character rolling in the wrong direction due to targetting... >.< My fault I know but I can't help but hate the game for that.
    I don't know why but this summer is so fucking warm, I can't breathe and I'm sweating to the point everything isn't glossy by sweat but it kind of stickyish. That doesn't exactly help me when playing this game.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yeah I just killed Taurus.
    Two bad things;
    Lagging, I was lagging big time, so much I nearly died 2 times coz of it. Really hope it is like this the entire game.
    I was suppose to jump on the guy's head and impale him? Yeah didn't work, I tried several combinations of running down and R1:ing, like I should but it didn't work 1/4 times.

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

Yeah I just killed Taurus.
    Two bad things;
    Lagging, I was lagging big time, so much I nearly died 2 times coz of it. Really hope it is like this the entire game.
    I was suppose to jump on the guy's head and impale him? Yeah didn't work, I tried several combinations of running down and R1:ing, like I should but it didn't work 1/4 times.
    It works for me 100% of the time. The only thing I can think of is that you did it too early and he wasn't close enough to the tower. This may sound like a stupid question, but you were jumping off the tower, right?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ofc I was Probably not close enough as you said. Since I didn't land on his back as I think I should've

The clubber, omg he's hard. I'm suppose to dodge his club, but I can't because as he hits he walks one step to the right or left which makes my target system change and it all results in me rolling in a bad direction.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

I thought that I would feel anger, but at this point I just have a stomach ache.
    I had 15k souls, not much I know, and 3 humanity thingies in the upper corner. I chose an alternate route to my corpse to save time but apparently that route triggers the dragon breath on the bridge which I already saw. I was there before and he didn't breathe fire at me so I thought... I thought.. *bursts out crying*

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

Ofc I was Probably not close enough as you said. Since I didn't land on his back as I think I should've

The clubber, omg he's hard. I'm suppose to dodge his club, but I can't because as he hits he walks one step to the right or left which makes my target system change and it all results in me rolling in a bad direction.
    What the hell's the Clubber?

I thought that I would feel anger, but at this point I just have a stomach ache.
    I had 15k souls, not much I know, and 3 humanity thingies in the upper corner. I chose an alternate route to my corpse to save time but apparently that route triggers the dragon breath on the bridge which I already saw. I was there before and he didn't breathe fire at me so I thought... I thought.. *bursts out crying*
    If you hug the walls along the bridge, I'm pretty sure you take substantially less damage.

Lvl 7 - Gold

the guy with a gigantic club, and the towershield model. He's in a cellar right before Taurus

edit: Alright he wasn't too difficult, just hug his stomach = np oh and btw he's a miniboss, forgot to mention the obvious

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

The multiplayer is maybe the worssssssssssssssttttttttt shiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt ever...
    I've tried invading two times;
    first time I actually have a shot, but the duel is quickly finished when I get backstabbed. Thing is, my opponent is 10 metres infront of me, so how the fuck did I get backstabbed?!
    Second time, I spawned infront of the guy I invaded, next to him two VERY big and well geared friends of his...

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

the guy with a gigantic club, and the towershield model. He's in a cellar right before Taurus

edit: Alright he wasn't too difficult, just hug his stomach = np oh and btw he's a miniboss, forgot to mention the obvious
    Ah, Havel. Yeah, he's not that bad, actually.

The multiplayer is maybe the worssssssssssssssttttttttt shiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt ever...
    I've tried invading two times;
    first time I actually have a shot, but the duel is quickly finished when I get backstabbed. Thing is, my opponent is 10 metres infront of me, so how the fuck did I get backstabbed?!
    Second time, I spawned infront of the guy I invaded, next to him two VERY big and well geared friends of his...
    Welcome to the broken multiplayer of Dark Souls.

The "10 feet in front" thing is common. There's INCREDIBLE lag in Dark Souls. You can get "backstabbed" from the front.

Gang-banging in PvP is also common. People would get with their friends (or randoms that were also assholes) and would sit in the Kiln waiting for invaders so they could triple-team them. I don't understand where the fun is. :stare:

Lvl 7 - Gold

Can't help but feel I cheated when I summoned two guys, just because, and killed gargoyle boss in like 5 seconds. He died in like five seconds. Otherwise I'd say Dark Souls is harder than Demon's Souls. Atleast when I compare Undead Burg to Boletaria

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well.. this game is definitely harder than Demon's Souls. Atleast the minibosses are.
    and it feels like the targetting system has been made worse for this game, or is just me? Perhaps it is that Dark Souls have more narrow spaces with a lot of enemies that jump around like rabies infected maniacs, which makes it impossible to keep aim at the closest opponent. Just lost bunch of humanity and 18k souls to some bullshit that made me target a guy 20 feet away in the opposite direction I was facing instead of the guy 2 feet infront of me.

ah well, atleast I defeated the Stray Demon. That was fun, hah!

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Question about the glitch that allows you to get the trophy and the components but lose the upgrade. The one to spare time to farm slabs, yeah you know the one.

I have barely enough chunks to get one titanite weapon, let alone enough chunks and shards for two entire upgrades.
    So does this glitch work for the entire weapon upgrade, what I mean is; can I got to a blacksmith with an unupgraded weapon, then completely upgrade it with shards, chunks and then finally the slab. Get the trophy, XMB quit and when I start the game I will have all shards and chunks aswell as the slab?
    Just wondering in case the glitch only works for one upgrade, like only the slab one or something.

Thanks!
    P.S. Gaping Dragon bites the dust, Garden here I come.

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

Question about the glitch that allows you to get the trophy and the components but lose the upgrade. The one to spare time to farm slabs, yeah you know the one.

I have barely enough chunks to get one titanite weapon, let alone enough chunks and shards for two entire upgrades.
    So does this glitch work for the entire weapon upgrade, what I mean is; can I got to a blacksmith with an unupgraded weapon, then completely upgrade it with shards, chunks and then finally the slab. Get the trophy, XMB quit and when I start the game I will have all shards and chunks aswell as the slab?
    Just wondering in case the glitch only works for one upgrade, like only the slab one or something.

Thanks!
    P.S. Gaping Dragon bites the dust, Garden here I come.
    I believe as long as you STAY in the blacksmith menu and quit via XMB, you should have all upgrade materials still in your inventory upon re-loading.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast