Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I hate blighttown!!!

This is a discussion on I hate blighttown!!! within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Damn... I don't have Dark Souls due to the lack of cash as I'm getting Battlefield 3 & Uncharted 3: ...

PRO Member

Damn... I don't have Dark Souls due to the lack of cash as I'm getting Battlefield 3 & Uncharted 3: Collector's Edition but getting it in the holidays for sure!

Good luck in that area and the back of the box art kind of warned you it says: "PREPARE TO DIE"

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's a brilliant game. Not too may games can punish you so unreservedly, and yet leave you wanting to come back for more! I will have to get a copy of Demon Souls after I finish Dark Souls, I'm completely hooked!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah a repairbox is a must have. As for upgrades, based on Demon's Souls you can't go wrong with a nicely upgraded Estoc (stabbing with it doesn't lower your shield and it has decent range). Mine's +5 now and I love it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

An Estoc? Is that a staff weapon? I've yet to see one of those.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Q-werty_99 View Post
    No it's a sword that you can attack with from behind your shield like a Spear.

Legendary...Nuff Said

An Estoc is a thrusting weapon, mostly used for backstabs and ripostes (critical hits), but when wielded with a shield, you can hold up the shield and block whilst attacking, making it useful. It's underpowered at the start, but after upgrading it, it can be one helluva weapon. It's currently my weapon of choice, as I've upgraded it to the point where it's now a Lightning Estoc +3. Deals massive damage!

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Jeezus i feel so slow here iam still in the Undead church area in the depths right now to ace the Gaping Dragon and everyones already in Blightown, Anor Londo. the forest, Tomb of Giants or whatever guess im being a little TOO cautious and not aggressive enough! God damn this game attacks you mentally in a way other games do not!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'll keep an eye out for an Estoc then. Any idea where you found it?

re tai363: Don't worry about trying to rush it. Take it slow and easy. In this game I don't think there is such a thing as too cautious, nor should you enter any new areas without being completely prepared! Little lesson I learned in Blighttown

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'll keep an eye out for an Estoc then. Any idea where you found it?

re tai363: Don't worry about trying to rush it. Take it slow and easy. In this game I don't think there is such a thing as too cautious, nor should you enter any new areas without being completely prepared! Little lesson I learned in Blighttown
    I'm pretty sure I picked it up in the area down the elevator from firelink shrine, where the blacksmith is (but before you have to deal with any ghosts).

Lvl 4 - Silver

The new 5-2

KCCO!

Frustration levels just went through the roof. Obviously I have been dying quite often in this Blighttown level. Now, please take this as a warning, or take it as a way to be better prepared. What has happened is that my Drake swords durability has dropped to the point where it no longer has the same damage as before..., to the point where it is taking around 8-10 normal hits for each of the big headed creatures. What really complicates things is I do not have a repair kit, nor do I have repair powder, nor do I have a weapon that is worth a darn either (besides my now worthless drake sword). Even the Gargoyle axe I have really stinks. So now I have to try and backtrack all the back to the blacksmith in the church to repair my Drake sword. But my weapons all suck so bad I cannot even make it out of Blighttown.... So, moral of the story and tip of the day, never leave home without someway to REPAIR YOUR WEAPONS!!!
    I made sure to purchase that repair box from the merchant early on, and I repair my weapons often at any local bonfire.

Harvester of Souls

Upon really thinking on it... Blighttown has turned out not so bad. Just gotta take time like anything really, but yeah. Kinda like the place now replaying through .

I'm lying, I still hate it, but no where near as bad as first trip through by any means.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Upon really thinking on it... Blighttown has turned out not so bad. Just gotta take time like anything really, but yeah. Kinda like the place now replaying through .

I'm lying, I still hate it, but no where near as bad as first trip through by any means.
    This is true. The most annoying part is in the swamp with the infinitly spawning flies. The first time around when I was trying to figure out where to go, they would come every 30 seconds. Very annoying.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post

I feel the same way. When you don't know where you're going and don't have much in the way of poinson resistance like I did, it can certainly be annoying. However, going back with the proper gear (e.g., poison resistance, rusted iron ring, spider shield, etc.), it's not nearly as bad.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    However, going back with the proper gear (e.g., poison resistance, rusted iron ring, spider shield, etc.), it's not nearly as bad.
    Yeah when you have those it ain't so bad.
    I went down there yesterday to see what spells that witch had for sale and it was really easy

Legendary...Nuff Said

Going in with the Spider Shield didn't make it too bad. Enemies there were prone to backstabs so it wasn't too bad to take them out as long as you pull (lure) each enemy out. There's also a shit-ton of treasure that can be found by exploration in the swamp. I just got the Server weapon which is leet as it restores some HP with each successful hit.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    Jeezus i feel so slow here iam still in the Undead church area in the depths right now to ace the Gaping Dragon and everyones already in Blightown, Anor Londo. the forest, Tomb of Giants or whatever guess im being a little TOO cautious and not aggressive enough! God damn this game attacks you mentally in a way other games do not!
    Don't worry tai, you're not alone. I'm over 20 hours in and haven't made it to Blightown yet, but I only have a coupe hours a day to play so I can't exactly do too much in one sitting. Right now I'm just exploring and farming so I can make some decent progress on my day off. I did, however, explore the catacombs today and joined the Gravelord Servants. It wasn't too difficult to get there, so I should be good to go ring that second bell this weekend.

Harvester of Souls

I did Catacombs really late after blighttown and quelaag's domain and way after Sen's Fortres and such too sooo it was a breeze really... Tomb of the Giants as mentioned is differnt case however saddly. >:F

Honestly liiked the swamp with it's infinite bugs more than early stages of blighttown I might add.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    Nah, you're fine; just play at your own pace. Believe me, being in Blighttown is not at all very far into the game. I would probably say it's about 1/3 of the way through, progress-wise. It seems like if you haven't made it to Anor Londo, you've only scratched the surface of the game.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Going in with the Spider Shield didn't make it too bad. Enemies there were prone to backstabs so it wasn't too bad to take them out as long as you pull (lure) each enemy out. There's also a shit-ton of treasure that can be found by exploration in the swamp. I just got the Server weapon which is leet as it restores some HP with each successful hit.
    This is true. On my way to The Great Hollow, I pretty much cleared the swamp out of anything I missed the first time around since I have about 30+ purple moss. I managed to pick up Server as well, along with a few Large Titanite Shards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast