Trophies not unlocking.

This is a discussion on Trophies not unlocking. within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; I just noticed this a while ago. When I looked at my trophy list for the game I noticed that ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Trophies not unlocking.

I just noticed this a while ago. When I looked at my trophy list for the game I noticed that I was missing a couple trophies that I unlocked: Way of White and Ring my Bell (Undead Church). I joined the covenant for the Way of White trophy and it showed that I earned the trophy. I defeated the gargoyles and rang the bell and it showed that I earned that trophy. However it isn't reflected in my latest trophy stats as both are seen as still locked. Has anyone else had any trophy issues? Is this a glitch?

Thanks.

Harvester of Souls

First off, have you switched or transfered data to a new PS3 OR updated system/game data? That could be cause of the issue..

EXAMPLE: When I first got a new ps3 and transfered all my data, when I synced, my trophies for games were all there... but when I went back to play a game, I got all new trophies for it until I synced agian. Really wierd, but fixes itself.,. or did for me .

Otherwise, I haven't had any issues with trophies not popping or been told of a issue like this.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Harvester of Souls

EDIT: Did you mean in your XMB menu or like online or something... maybe didn't sync or given enough time to update if you meant someting else. I'm taking it like trophies aren't repopping or showin up orsomething.. Actually, done confused myself

Lvl 1 - Bronze

His system should be up to date because I played online in the game.

I started my character on my friend's PS3 since he owns the game and I don't. I synced trophies on my own PS3 when I got home. Time lapse:

10/16/11 I earned the trophies Way of White and Ring my Bell (undead church)
    10/19/11 I sync the trophies to the server and notice that the two aforementioned trophies are not unlocked when they should be.

Is there a game update that I have to download?

WoW and Ring my Bell show up on the XMB list as locked when they shouldn't be; Other story-related trophies that you get up to the gargoyle fight are unlocked (i.e. estus flask, reach lordran and enkindle)

I did not transfer my game data to my own PS3 yet. It is still on his. I know that the game saves are locked because it said "copying prohibited" when I attempted to save to my jumpdrive.

PRO Member

sync on his then sync on yours might have to be on each a couple of times..

PRO Member

if you earned the trophies on his system you gotta sync them on his PS3 then sync on yours.I play on my cousins system and forget to do it all the time also.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Harvester of Souls

There you go . and play the game with your system and sync it all back and should be fine after you have synced from his.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

wont your save data be stuck on his ps3 or can you transfer it?

PRO Member

hmm yeah everytime you swap from ps3 to ps3 it just takes a bit time to sort it outself out! WHen my ps3 got YLOD and i got my new ps3 it took like 2 wks for all the trophies 2 be properley update, don't know how PSN know whether to sync the trophies from your old account or update the old sync with your new account, but it just seems to figure it out

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    wont your save data be stuck on his ps3 or can you transfer it?
    Only way to transfer would be via psn plus online saves. He'd have to wait 24h after uploading before he could download it to his own system. Only 150mb on it though, and with all the locked saves still being used by games i only have 16mb left...
    Disclaimer: i haven't transferred games between systems this way myself; i'm assuming that since it's a plus feature that it'll be tied to your account, not machine, and will let you download the saves to a different machine.