Why do I have eleven estus?

This is a discussion on Why do I have eleven estus? within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Exactly what the title says. I have eleven estus flasks, as opposed to the usual ten. This also isn't the ...

Bob 'n' Becca

Why do I have eleven estus?

Exactly what the title says. I have eleven estus flasks, as opposed to the usual ten. This also isn't the first time it has occured. It's happened once when I first started the game. I think I was in the the Undead Burg.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Nope, nothing

I'm not sure how it happens but sometimes I get random +1's to my flask every now and then as well

Battlefield 3 <3

i think its something to do with when someone kindles at the bonfire you go to everyone who goes there gets and extra amount of flasks for the amount of people that have kindled on that bonfire although i can't confirm this i'm pretty sure that was the reason.

Used to gather Est at bonfires for HP recovery in the field. Using a bonfire will recover the number of times you can drink from the flask up to the limit of that particular fire. The starting number of "swigs" you recover from any fire is five. Using the "Kindle" command at a fire, and thus spending one Humanity point, will increase the recovery rate to 10.
    After acquiring the "Rite of Kindling" the bonfire can be kindled again for a total of 15.

If you have more charges in your bottle already than a particular fire can provide, the number of charges in the Flask will not change.
    Give the Fire Keeper Soul to Anastacia of Astora, the mute girl in the cell below Firelink Shrine, or the Fire Keeper in Anor Londo or Chaos Witch Quelaag's Sister who is a corrupted Fire Keeper.
    Source:http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/estus+flask

Awesome Sig and Avvy by DaRe_xLw

KCCO!

@SEAN, the wiki is correct except for one thing: the maximum "swigs" you can kindle the bonfire to allow is 20.

Be sure to check out the Dark Souls Trophy Guide for other useful information such as this.

Regarding the question from the OP, I've heard the same thing...that basically if you happen to have "refueled" from a bonfire that someone kindles, you get an extra flask.

Legendary...Nuff Said

I believe this will randomly happen if you rest at a bonfire, and then someone else rests at that same bonfire not to long after. If you stay in the same area or adjoining areas of the game and this happens, you'll get +1 Est and a Humanity (I think). It's very random and doesn't happen too often though.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I believe this will randomly happen if you rest at a bonfire, and then someone else rests at that same bonfire not to long after. If you stay in the same area or adjoining areas of the game and this happens, you'll get +1 Est and a Humanity (I think). It's very random and doesn't happen too often though.
    Yes, it occurs with Humanity as well, but I doubt it's as simple as someone resting. I think they have to use a humanity and kindle a fire in order for you to reap benefits. The timing may not matter, but you probably have to be nearby. It'd be nice to get some official wording from the devs.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yes, it occurs with Humanity as well, but I doubt it's as simple as someone resting. I think they have to use a humanity and kindle a fire in order for you to reap benefits. The timing may not matter, but you probably have to be nearby. It'd be nice to get some official wording from the devs.
    Yeah, kindling would make more sense, actually.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.