FFFFFFUUUUUUUU >:F (Contains Spoilers)

This is a discussion on FFFFFFUUUUUUUU >:F (Contains Spoilers) within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Damn, did my first Dark Souls rage quit just now because the game glitched up on me and is now ...

Legendary...Nuff Said

FFFFFFUUUUUUUU >:F (Contains Spoilers)

Damn, did my first Dark Souls rage quit just now because the game glitched up on me and is now nearly impossible.

Currently in the Duke's Archives, and was cursed during the FIRST fight with Seath. I equipped my Ring of Sacrifice for the right, as people had told me it was inevitable to defeat Seath. But instead of dying from his attacks, I died from the Curse, so the Ring or Sacrifice didn't work. I lost 40,000+ souls because of that.

Then I realized I was cursed and couldn't leave the Duke's Archives, and I had no Purging Stones (cures curse), but I did have a Rare Ring of Sacrifice which cures curse upon death. Well guess what, the Rare Ring of Sacrifice didn't work. I remained cursed, but the ring broke. Now I have no way out, no way to heal my curse, and I have to go through what's one of the most difficult levels in the game. Yeah, I'm screwed.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Harvester of Souls

DAMN!!!!!!!! Sucks pretty bad haha. But just have to manage through it... what I did was just let Seath kill me and spent as much as I could but still had like 3 humanity. BUT I managed to not die and went back and reclaimed it all. so yeah, worked all the same... NO CLUE how survived through the archives after that without dying but came so damn close each time . Damn channelers >:F >:F >:F I hate magic.

but umm.... hmmmm... just have to suffer through it saddly . I've never been cursed in the game so little scared of how works.. thoguht just halved your health, but it kills you? :S Please let me know my friend.

sorry again, but may have to make a new character . I know time and such, but least be quicker haha... and you'll lose your souls from that one fight, but still. IF I see anyting in archvies that will help with curse, I'll let you know.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Legendary...Nuff Said

Phew! Big thanks to Shem for giving me some advice, turns out that there's a bonfire that's easily reachable if you sprint past all the enemies in the area. Took me about 5 tries but I did eventually reach the warp-able bonfire in the Archives and warped back to Firelink Shrine. Bought one of the curse-curing items from Oswald of Carim so all's good. I still did lose a lot of progress in the Duke's Archives, but it was most definitely worth it to remove the curse.

RPG Master

Always glad to help Jack
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ah s*** man. Being cursed is the worst. When I was cursed, I had to go through Blight Town. It was painful. Just go to keep at it till you make it.

Harvester of Souls

After getting otu archives, just need to make few turns to hidden bookcase area and then safe to reach the crystal caves hahaha. but glad you managed your way out now . Didn't take that long from the thread post, so I'm surprised. .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

just before the second fight with seeth, not superduper far from the last bonfire, there are icy clam enemies who drop purging stones on a rather high droprate (and twinkling ore on a lower)
    Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I did eventually reach the warp-able bonfire in the Archives and warped back to Firelink Shrine

There's a bonfire you can warp from in there?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

Yes, once you get back in the archives, it will be on the ground floor in the middle of the wall on the right (it's an outdoor balcony). It's the same one you would use (hopefully!) to get to Seath once you open the shortcut.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    Yes, once you get back in the archives, it will be on the ground floor in the middle of the wall on the right (it's an outdoor balcony). It's the same one you would use (hopefully!) to get to Seath once you open the shortcut.
    That would have come in handy....a little late now though lol

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

LOL! you should probably look around more

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Damn, did my first Dark Souls rage quit just now because the game glitched up on me and is now nearly impossible.

Currently in the Duke's Archives, and was cursed during the FIRST fight with Seath. I equipped my Ring of Sacrifice for the right, as people had told me it was inevitable to defeat Seath. But instead of dying from his attacks, I died from the Curse, so the Ring or Sacrifice didn't work. I lost 40,000+ souls because of that.

Then I realized I was cursed and couldn't leave the Duke's Archives, and I had no Purging Stones (cures curse), but I did have a Rare Ring of Sacrifice which cures curse upon death. Well guess what, the Rare Ring of Sacrifice didn't work. I remained cursed, but the ring broke. Now I have no way out, no way to heal my curse, and I have to go through what's one of the most difficult levels in the game. Yeah, I'm screwed.
    Should've used the rare ring first haha. Hindsight is always 20/20 glad you figured it out though.

KCCO!

Well, look on the bright side Jack, now that you went in and screwed up, I know what NOT to do. Seriously, though, after the Depths and the Hollow, I keep a stock of Purging stones on me and some in my bottomless box.

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    I've never been cursed in the game so little scared of how works.. thoguht just halved your health, but it kills you? :S Please let me know my friend.
    Curse is another status like poison or bleeding, but it's super-quick, hence when you get it, it's pretty much an instant death unless you have tons of humanity on you, as that's the only thing that helps Curse resistance. Once you respawn, your HP is at 1/2. If you get cursed again, it goes down to 1/4, and then down to 1/8. Just imagine, you start with 600 HP and wind up with 150 HP after being cursed a few times. :stare:

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Curse is another status like poison or bleeding, but it's super-quick, hence when you get it, it's pretty much an instant death unless you have tons of humanity on you, as that's the only thing that helps Curse resistance. Once you respawn, your HP is at 1/2. If you get cursed again, it goes down to 1/4, and then down to 1/8. Just imagine, you start with 600 HP and wind up with 150 HP after being cursed a few times. :stare:
    Humanity is not the only thing that helps with curse resistance; the Crimson Armor and the Cursebite Ring can make it so that curse will barely effect you or harm you.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Humanity is not the only thing that helps with curse resistance; the Crimson Armor and the Cursebite Ring can make it so that curse will barely effect you or harm you.
    Also the Paladin armor is really good against curse.

KCCO!

Ah, yes, that's true. I picked it up and never bothered looking at the stats. Thanks for reminding me.