Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dark Souls Patch 1.04 Coming Soon

This is a discussion on Dark Souls Patch 1.04 Coming Soon within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Looks like a new patch is coming out tomorrow (or soon) that addresses a lot of issues. See the full ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dark Souls Patch 1.04 Coming Soon

Looks like a new patch is coming out tomorrow (or soon) that addresses a lot of issues.

See the full list (translated) *HERE*
    Or if your Japanese is good, see the original HERE

Here are some notable mentions:
    * Changes to the effectiveness of certain spells (tranquil walk of peace mentioned, so maybe that problem is getting fixed)
    * Arrows added to several merchants and blacksmiths
    * Some shards added to several blacksmiths (Giant Blacksmith selling green and twinkling shards now)
    * Warrior of Sunlight covenant faith requirement reduced from 50 to 25 (coop bonus still applies)
    * Reduced cost for Absolution from 2,000 x SL to 500 x SL
    * Level up display change: can now see how many souls you NEED for the next level (maybe)
    * Fixed infinite magic bug (?)
    * Fixed input delay bug (I think that means the delay in attacking when your shield is up)

Legendary...Nuff Said

Sweet, thanks for the info. Glad to see some of the main multiplayer issues being addressed, as well as some SP ones as well. Thank goodness the Ring of Fog is going to be nerfed, fighting those players is annoying as fuck since you can't lock on.

And I'm SUPER glad to see that I'll be able to buy some Twinkling Titanite; all of the weapons and armor I use requires it for leveling them up. D:

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Nope, nothing

Seems like some pretty decent updates, not sure why they are doing "Warrior of Sunlight covenant faith requirement reduced from 50 to 25"

Thanks for the heads up

KCCO!

These seem like some good changes. I always like new inventory in shops. Looks like I'll be making a quick run to the Giant Blacksmith.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Sweet, thanks for the info. Glad to see some of the main multiplayer issues being addressed, as well as some SP ones as well. Thank goodness the Ring of Fog is going to be nerfed, fighting those players is annoying as fuck since you can't lock on.
    Absolutely agree they are nerfing that POS. I hope they don't weaken Iron Flesh too much... it's very handy in some boss fights.

Bob 'n' Becca

What is this infinite magic glitch you speak of? And being able to buy Twinkling Titanite is awesome, but I'm still playing without any updates, and I see it being that way in the foreseeable future.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

The Temple of the King

It's a good thing that From Software is taking the initiative to try to fix things.... But I wish that most of the bugs were taken care of before the game saw it's release.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by skinner49 View Post
    It's a good thing that From Software is taking the initiative to try to fix things.... But I wish that most of the bugs were taken care of before the game saw it's release.
    I agree that most bugs should be eliminated prior to release. But many of these fixes are a result of user feedback and, presumably, monitoring of online interactions by From Software.

Bob 'n' Becca

Well, so far I personally haven't encountered any glitches or bugs, but I do think that they are something that should be fixed before a game's release.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Well, so far I personally haven't encountered any glitches or bugs, but I do think that they are something that should be fixed before a game's release.
    Agreed. Some of the updates are tweaks and those are to be expected. But others are pretty major changes, and those shouldn't be a post release update. I don't know if Demons Souls had the same issue, though, since I got into the game late.

Huge Gaming Backlog

The Warrior of Sunlight covenant is good I think. I'm only up to level 52 and my faith is about 12. I don't think I could see myself ever getting to 50 faith but 25 seems more in reach.

Harvester of Souls

I've been spending alot of time lately on NG+ wasting upgrades to get my Faith stat up to 50 so this helps a bunch ... thought pretty rediculously high for that EVEN for a Faith build... I don't have a single stat that high besides Str, End, and Vit and they aren't there .. just around 40 and finishing NG+ now. Didn't relaly matter since get a bonus from MP and all though.

As for other issues, only one I'm relaly affected by is the input lag when attacking with a shield up.. cause I'll say to attack and then nothing.. but soon as I drop it or have to move... BAM try and stab or soem shit >:F and ofcourse get hit.. and fucked up.

Wish most of this were seen before release but as some said, mostly tweaks so nothing to do till now to find issues.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

excellent Green Shards are annoying to buy. have to jump a broken bridge to get to the only seller, who happens to be in Sen's Fortress.

KCCO!

Is the patch out in the U.S.? Last time I tried to play DkS (a couple of nights ago), it wasn't.

The Temple of the King

I tried yesterday, but it wasn't up yet. I guess it's just for Japan for now?

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Interesting updates, especially if they are (seemingly) nerfing pyromancy, because pyromancers at low levels are incredibly powerful. Not just for pve, where you can just spam Combustion/Great Combustion on bosses, but for pvp as well. I literally kill several players with my level 20 alt with one Great Combustion. Great Chaos Fireball is overkill. :x

Also, while I wasn't aware of a infinite magic bug in Dark Souls, there is no mention of a fix on the infinite item/souls bug that people can be less than shy to exploit in MP play. Or...you know, simply exploit.

I feel Dark Souls is easier than Demon's Souls. :\

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by N_Vicious View Post
    Also, while I wasn't aware of a infinite magic bug in Dark Souls, there is no mention of a fix on the infinite item/souls bug that people can be less than shy to exploit in MP play. Or...you know, simply exploit.
    \
    Yeah, not sure about that one. Some websites report that the infinite item exploit will be included in the patch, but it's not on the translated list....so I dunno. I hope it goes, though. I'm so tired of seeing other people at Firelink Shrine using it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Found an update (and better translation) on the patch updates. Damn, it's a huge list of changes. Kinda makes the guide useless.

Dark Souls Patch 1.04 Information | Trendy Gamers

Here are some new changes I didn't mention or just found about about:
    * Fog Ring users can now be locked onto
    * Infinite souls glitch fixed
    * Humanity now a more common drop
    * And much, much more!

Legendary...Nuff Said

Thanks for the update, but when is this coming out in North America??

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

* Some shards added to several blacksmiths (Giant Blacksmith selling green and twinkling shards now)
    * Warrior of Sunlight covenant faith requirement reduced from 50 to 25 (coop bonus still applies)

This, I like.
    I want to finish this ASAP before Skyrim comes out >.<!
    Surgeon Of Death

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast