Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

four kings wtf

This is a discussion on four kings wtf within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Using iron flesh is really helpful because you want to do as much damage as quickly as possible. Moving and ...

RPG Master

Using iron flesh is really helpful because you want to do as much damage as quickly as possible. Moving and dodging increases the chance you will end up fighting 2-3 kings, which is bad. So use iron flesh and 2H a weapon for maximum damage.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

KCCO!

Well, I gave it another shot last night and got the health bar down to about 30% on a couple of occassions. Basically, just dodging/side-stepping their melee attacks and throwing pyromancies at them. For some reason, I've seen other people's videos and it seem like they spawn much quicker for me, but perhaps it's me being paranoid.

Harvester of Souls

Never tried any magic on them, minus some pyromancies. I got tore up trying to do the Iron Flesh tactic, so I don't recommend that least for my playing style, I'm just good enough dodging their slashes and healing timely when I do get hit. First round up use LIghtning spear +5, though fire weapons work better, but didn't have a strong one that did much at the time.

Second time, Quelaag's Fureysword +5 . EPIC PWNAGE to me anyways, but still did number on them and felt easier than first time. Helped for a few Chaos Fire balls

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

The Temple of the King

With Sorcery, it took me a couple times to beat 4 Kings on NG. NG+ however, forget about it. Just his health increase itself had me tearing out my hair in frustration.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Legendary...Nuff Said

First time I went in, I was merely observing their attacks, and trying to see if my Black Knight's Sword +3 (my best sword) would do good damage on them. Well it turns out that it didn't, and by the time I had killed the first king, two more had already spawned. This is in part by the fact that my poise was only 37, which is very meh.

So the second time, I picked up on the tip that they were very weak to magic, so I went in with my Crystal Ring Shield +4 for magic damage, as well as using Havel's full set of armor for poise of about 120-130. Not once was I ever staggered during the fight, and thanks to this I was able to tear these guys apart with my Crystal Ring Shield. Each king was downed in 4 hits from the awesome thing, and it made for a very quick fight.

So basically, make sure your poise is upped and use some magic on these guys (preferably the Crystal Ring Shield) in order to make it a quick fight. Fantastic armor isn't always necessary for good poise, but it's easiest when you go in with good armor to be able to take a lot of hits. If not, get up really close to the king you're fighting and their attacks will barely damage you.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 11-10-2011 at 10:23 PM.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is there any way to get the ring of artosra without killing the wolf btw?

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Is there any way to get the ring of artosra without killing the wolf btw?
    No but the wolf is such an easy boss. So getting the ring shouldn't be any problem.

KCCO!

Well, I finally did it. I leveled up some to increase my defense stats, equipped the Ring of Divine Favor and Protection along with the Covenant of Artorias, threw on Smough's armor set, chewed some green herb, threw the Grass Crest Shield on my back for extra stamina regen, and went down to the Abyss. At first I was worried because the same thing that kept happening started happening, namely, I would swing and wouldn't hit anything. Then I started seeing the little damage numbers pop up so I started going to town on them with my Quelaag's Furysword +5. About 1 minute and 10 Estus Flasks later, I emerged victorious.

:platinum: since Oct 08

Well I'm still having some issues with this boss fight even managed to get two Helpers but still not pass the first king, I kept using my estrus to heal the helpers but to no avail. Sl90 in ng over 280 hours in. ( I know I'm slow )

Harvester of Souls

Gratz Hitman

And linux, what your stats and weapons and such? Try going in with Ring of favor.. and best armor you can wear while still rolling... and just roll to evade hits.. AND make sure to evade their magic blast shit . Quick help! lolz.. Umm What build are ya though?

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

I'm a thief and I'm more roll an attack highly mobile since I'm not heavy on hp or stamina. I tend to favor light weight armor and good long sword ( fury +5 ) w my dragon crest shield. Sl 92 an I'm about finish first run since 4 kings are history ,

Bob 'n' Becca

I fought the Four Kings yesterday, and I had a pretty good time of it. I had Havel's Shield and Quelaag's Furysword +5 as weapons, and the full Smough set of armour (minus the helm). I am a pyromancer but I didn't think to use any fireballs, or even two-hand my sword. They went down easily, and the New Londo Ruins is probably the easiest and straightforward area. In fact, the hardest part of the area was dropping down to the Four Kings. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to jump downor if something was going to appear to get me down there once I equipped the ring. Lol.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

well now i'm on ng+ and still need the ring of abyss but i hope i do better cause i need the darkwrathe conveant to complete this run. sl130 @ 347 hours now

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't think people realize there are magic and enchanted weapons you can make . The four kings are insanely weak against these types of weapons. Just upgrade one of your choice, two hand it, and bring some armor that has decent poise (or the wolf ring). They will fall quickly with this srategy

Bob 'n' Becca

New Game+ and my arse is bleeding pretty heavily now. This bastard has killed me three times, and even having Beatrice at my side is helping. It also doesn't help that I activated the ghosts on this part of the level. I have a ton of pyromancies at my disposal but I've only been able to kill one king total in three tries. On the second try, Beatrice was kileld before we even got to the boss because of the ghost inside the boss' tower.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Platinum Procrastinator

You should kill all of the ghosts or the ones that are close anyways if possible before attempting the fight. I haven't tried to fight them on NG+ yet but I think I'm going to today. I'll probably try to stick with the same strategy that I used before and hope for the best. That was using Iron Flesh and two handing my best weapon while wearing Havel's armor. Also this time around I'll have the advantage of Beatrice which I never had on my first playthrough.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    New Game+ and my arse is bleeding pretty heavily now. This bastard has killed me three times, and even having Beatrice at my side is helping. It also doesn't help that I activated the ghosts on this part of the level. I have a ton of pyromancies at my disposal but I've only been able to kill one king total in three tries. On the second try, Beatrice was kileld before we even got to the boss because of the ghost inside the boss' tower.
    I've read, I believe, that having a phantom with you may work against you because the game scales the difficulty.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    You should kill all of the ghosts or the ones that are close anyways if possible before attempting the fight. I haven't tried to fight them on NG+ yet but I think I'm going to today. I'll probably try to stick with the same strategy that I used before and hope for the best. That was using Iron Flesh and two handing my best weapon while wearing Havel's armor. Also this time around I'll have the advantage of Beatrice which I never had on my first playthrough.
    I used this method for NG minus the Iron Flesh (I never bought it from the pyromancer before I had to kill him. ). If you have a strong weapon, this is probably the best way to beat them. Honestly, no matter what strategy (e.g., tanking, dodging, etc.) having a strong weapon is the key since it's basically a DPS race against the Kings.

Platinum Procrastinator

Well the Four Kings are now down in NG+ However, I tried using the Iron Flesh strategy and tanking them and failed miserably even with Beatrice. After dying several times I was eventually able to defeat them with the help of two other players. One was a tank build using the Zweihander I think while the other player was a spell caster and mostly used Homing Crystal Soulmass. Like I said, it took us several attempts to finally beat them, but the main factor was me staying back, letting them do most of the work.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Like I said, it took us several attempts to finally beat them, but the main factor was me staying back, letting them do most of the work.
    This was the key to your success?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast