Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

four kings wtf

This is a discussion on four kings wtf within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; I am yet to reach The Four Kings in NG. Reading all these posts are getting me scared. How would ...

  1. #41
    Huge Gaming Backlog
    Reiner's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    STRAYA
    Posts
    775
    Reputation
    10

    I am yet to reach The Four Kings in NG. Reading all these posts are getting me scared. How would this battle compare to The Maneaters from Demons Souls? Please tell me its easier.

    Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247



  2. #42
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    I am yet to reach The Four Kings in NG. Reading all these posts are getting me scared. How would this battle compare to The Maneaters from Demons Souls? Please tell me its easier.
    With the proper equipment or strategy, this battle is quite easier than Maneaters. You have a decent amount of room to maneuver in. Essentially, a "King" spawns and you have to kill it. Another "King" will spawn based on a timer, so depending on how quickly you kill the first, you may end up waiting for the second to spawn, or have to face both at the same time. Another "King" keeps spawning until you've depleted their cumulative HP bar. The key, if you haven't figured it out by now, is being able to deal enough damage to each King before the next one arrives so you're not overwhelmed. A strong weapon that can allow you to deal his DPS is the key.

  3. #43
    Huge Gaming Backlog
    Reiner's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    STRAYA
    Posts
    775
    Reputation
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    With the proper equipment or strategy, this battle is quite easier than Maneaters. You have a decent amount of room to maneuver in. Essentially, a "King" spawns and you have to kill it. Another "King" will spawn based on a timer, so depending on how quickly you kill the first, you may end up waiting for the second to spawn, or have to face both at the same time. Another "King" keeps spawning until you've depleted their cumulative HP bar. The key, if you haven't figured it out by now, is being able to deal enough damage to each King before the next one arrives so you're not overwhelmed. A strong weapon that can allow you to deal his DPS is the key.
    Cheers for the tips mate. I will give this a good go when I get to this.

    Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247



  4. #44
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    This was the key to your success?
    Hahaha well there were two times when I rushed in trying to deal a lot of damage wearing Havel's armor and all of sudden I died in one hit. The only thing I can think of is that Iron Flesh wore off and I never noticed. Then on the third attempt I stayed back and cast Great Fireball whenever I got the chance. However, I mostly concentrated on using my Estus Flasks to heal the tank build player who was helping me as I had 15 to use from kindling the Firelink Shrine bonfire.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  5. #45
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Hahaha well there were two times when I rushed in trying to deal a lot of damage wearing Havel's armor and all of sudden I died in one hit. The only thing I can think of is that Iron Flesh wore off and I never noticed. Then on the third attempt I stayed back and cast Great Fireball whenever I got the chance. However, I mostly concentrated on using my Estus Flasks to heal the tank build player who was helping me as I had 15 to use from kindling the Firelink Shrine bonfire.
    Well, I'm not sure about the iron flesh theory, but I know there is a move that they do that I've only seen once that's pretty much an instant kill, even at relatively high levels. The telegraph is very quick so you don't even see it coming. You may have been hit by that move. I've seen it in a video; I'll try to track it down for you.

  6. #46
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Here's the video. This guy gives a complete breakdown of the Four Kings and provides some strategies for beating them via non-tank methods. The move I was talking about that may have killed you could be the one in the video at the 11:45 mark.

    Toggle Spoiler


  7. #47
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    The video's not showing for me. It's been a busy bit of time since the last I've played the game, and when I have had time to play the gamer my roommate has been glued to the couch. When I do get to play again, I'll be using the Iron Flesh technique, while two-handing my Furysword, and without Beatrice. I'll post how it goes.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  8. #48
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    The video's not showing for me. It's been a busy bit of time since the last I've played the game, and when I have had time to play the gamer my roommate has been glued to the couch. When I do get to play again, I'll be using the Iron Flesh technique, while two-handing my Furysword, and without Beatrice. I'll post how it goes.
    Strange. The video works fine for me.

    What SL are you?

  9. #49
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    Hahahahaha! I did it! Iron Flesh worked like a charm. I only had to fight the Four Kings once more to succeed, but actually getting to them was harder than it ever was in the past. I ended up fighting three of those dark knights at once. Two I forgot were where they were, and the third came from nowhere, and almost backstabbed me. As for actual strategy against the boss, I used Iron Flesh the first time as soon as I landed. When the first king showed up, I slowly advanced toward him with my Furysword two-handed. We went back and forth but he hardly did any damage. The first casting of Iron Flesh wore off shortly after that skirmish. I attacked the second king without casting Iron Flesh initially, but once there was enough space between us I cast it, continued to attack and then healed once it backed off some. I eventually ran through most of my more powerful pyromancy spells and Iron Fleshes, and my confidence began to waiver, even though I had most of my health (I could survive more than one hit) and I had a ton of estus left, but by the time I was toward the end of the fight with the fourth king, I looked at the health at the bottom and decided to one-hand my Furysword. He went down in two hits. I don't know why I didn't actually have to kill five kings. Mayhaps, I damaged a fifth one sometime during the battle. Either way, you'll hear no complaints from me. Now I just have to make sure I cut Seath's tail off this game to avoid a third encounter. Wish me luck!

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  10. #50
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Hahahahaha! I did it! Iron Flesh worked like a charm. I only had to fight the Four Kings once more to succeed, but actually getting to them was harder than it ever was in the past. I ended up fighting three of those dark knights at once. Two I forgot were where they were, and the third came from nowhere, and almost backstabbed me. As for actual strategy against the boss, I used Iron Flesh the first time as soon as I landed. When the first king showed up, I slowly advanced toward him with my Furysword two-handed. We went back and forth but he hardly did any damage. The first casting of Iron Flesh wore off shortly after that skirmish. I attacked the second king without casting Iron Flesh initially, but once there was enough space between us I cast it, continued to attack and then healed once it backed off some. I eventually ran through most of my more powerful pyromancy spells and Iron Fleshes, and my confidence began to waiver, even though I had most of my health (I could survive more than one hit) and I had a ton of estus left, but by the time I was toward the end of the fight with the fourth king, I looked at the health at the bottom and decided to one-hand my Furysword. He went down in two hits. I don't know why I didn't actually have to kill five kings. Mayhaps, I damaged a fifth one sometime during the battle. Either way, you'll hear no complaints from me. Now I just have to make sure I cut Seath's tail off this game to avoid a third encounter. Wish me luck!
    Confratulations, mate! Four Kings is the bane of my existence. I don't think any other boss gives me as much trouble.

  11. #51
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Well, I'm not sure about the iron flesh theory, but I know there is a move that they do that I've only seen once that's pretty much an instant kill, even at relatively high levels. The telegraph is very quick so you don't even see it coming. You may have been hit by that move. I've seen it in a video; I'll try to track it down for you.
    Is that not the magic missile move that the Four Kings use whenever you are in long-range? Without a strong magic-resist shield, it can do a lot of damage. The video at the 11:45 mark showed the magic missile when it was travelling over a very long distance; normally, it requires running away for quite a while until the magic missile finally dissipates, or you simply block it with a maxed Crest Shield. But if you just run around in circles like EpicNameBro did in the video, the magic missile can sometimes glitch and 'disappear', only to finally hit you when you think it has gone.

    That is from prior experience, since I was using a heavy Intelligence-based build and so was in long-range against the Four Kings usually. Crystal Soulmasses, Tin Crystallization Catalyst, Crown of the Dark Sun, and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring are all enough to handle Four Kings in NG+ and beyond, as long as you have 4-5 attunement slots. That is one strategy of dealing with them, beside the Iron Flesh one. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  12. #52
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    If I end up having to play the game a third time, I will try the magic theory, you know, just to keep it different.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  13. #53
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Reputation
    0

    Hello. I need help to kill 4kings in NG+++. Add me.
    ID: o_Caligastia_o

  14. #54
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    I'm not sure what my level is but what is yers? I may be able to help but I don't know when that would be?

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  15. #55
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    0

    I realize this is an old thread

    But fuck the four kings

    In NG I barely break a sweat with how quickly I'm done with this fight

    NG+? I have three different maxed out weapons, normal, chaos, and lightning. I have a maxed out Quelanna flame. Using Dark Hand to negate all their damage. And I literally can't put a dent in their massive HP. If I burn all my pyromancy on the first maybe he'll go down but none of my weapons hit for more than 100 a pop at MAX level and they have so much HP that I literally can't kill one before another pops on melee alone.

    This fight is what stands between me and platinum. Nito, Chaos, Sea the, and Gwyn are cake then I need to start another game, rush to Sif, make one last weapon and done. But fuck the four kings. Should've been done this tonight. Got from NG+ start to Lordvessel in just over an hour tops. Spent 5 and a half hours tonight and I can't beat the Four goddamn Kings.

    End rant.

  16. #56
    Death is Awaiting....
    Schism's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St. Mary's Hospital
    Posts
    1,880
    Reputation
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by petenasty View Post
    I realize this is an old thread

    But fuck the four kings

    In NG I barely break a sweat with how quickly I'm done with this fight

    NG+? I have three different maxed out weapons, normal, chaos, and lightning. I have a maxed out Quelanna flame. Using Dark Hand to negate all their damage. And I literally can't put a dent in their massive HP. If I burn all my pyromancy on the first maybe he'll go down but none of my weapons hit for more than 100 a pop at MAX level and they have so much HP that I literally can't kill one before another pops on melee alone.

    This fight is what stands between me and platinum. Nito, Chaos, Sea the, and Gwyn are cake then I need to start another game, rush to Sif, make one last weapon and done. But fuck the four kings. Should've been done this tonight. Got from NG+ start to Lordvessel in just over an hour tops. Spent 5 and a half hours tonight and I can't beat the Four goddamn Kings.

    End rant.
    Have you tried summoning anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Sig by Achantion

  17. #57
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by petenasty View Post
    I realize this is an old thread

    But fuck the four kings

    In NG I barely break a sweat with how quickly I'm done with this fight

    NG+? I have three different maxed out weapons, normal, chaos, and lightning. I have a maxed out Quelanna flame. Using Dark Hand to negate all their damage. And I literally can't put a dent in their massive HP. If I burn all my pyromancy on the first maybe he'll go down but none of my weapons hit for more than 100 a pop at MAX level and they have so much HP that I literally can't kill one before another pops on melee alone.

    This fight is what stands between me and platinum. Nito, Chaos, Sea the, and Gwyn are cake then I need to start another game, rush to Sif, make one last weapon and done. But fuck the four kings. Should've been done this tonight. Got from NG+ start to Lordvessel in just over an hour tops. Spent 5 and a half hours tonight and I can't beat the Four goddamn Kings.

    End rant.
    The Four Kings are ass rapers in NG+. But you shouldn't have too much trouble if you are using Pyromancy. Just use the spells wisely AND make absolute sure you cast Iron Flesh. That spell WILL save yer ass from unnecessary penetration and the subsequent hemorrhaging.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  18. #58
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    0

    I rushed so fast I didn't even bother to save the trainer from the depths. Looks like I'm going back for him. I only have 3 slots and one was chaos fireball, another is great combustion, third is iron flesh? I tried using it post nerf (been a while since I played ) and I found it useless. Does it still help here?

    And I didn't summon anyone cause I'm staying overnight at work and I can't hook up the internet to my ps3

    So frustrating cause O&S went down like a ton of bricks and my first play through of this game when it came out, I was stuck on them for two weeks. The kings never gave me grief until now!

  19. #59
    Death is Awaiting....
    Schism's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St. Mary's Hospital
    Posts
    1,880
    Reputation
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by petenasty View Post
    I rushed so fast I didn't even bother to save the trainer from the depths. Looks like I'm going back for him. I only have 3 slots and one was chaos fireball, another is great combustion, third is iron flesh? I tried using it post nerf (been a while since I played ) and I found it useless. Does it still help here?

    And I didn't summon anyone cause I'm staying overnight at work and I can't hook up the internet to my ps3

    So frustrating cause O&S went down like a ton of bricks and my first play through of this game when it came out, I was stuck on them for two weeks. The kings never gave me grief until now!

    Here's what I would do. If you haven't summoned the chick that can help you fight the Moonlight Butterfly, then go over there now and fight that big bitch. Once you do her summon sign will appear near the four kings entrance.. can't remember where. If not, then wait till you can get internet and summon some players up to help you. I would help you, but I don't have the game anymore. But i'll be getting it back for the DLC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Sig by Achantion

  20. #60
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    Three slots? Hmm... That's a tough one. I had a bunch of slots, so much so that I could carry all the Fireballs, Iron Flesh and several healing spells. I would say invest in that. You'll be doing a lot of backtracking so try to get yer Pyromancy skill up. And as for the legitimacy of Iron Flesh, it'll literally saved my life. It was either in this thread or the boosting thread for this game where I talked about how I beat them in NG+. Probably this thread...

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO