Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

four kings wtf

This is a discussion on four kings wtf within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; psn id angrystslayer soul level 71 need help with the four kings add me to ur friends list please any ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

four kings wtf

psn id angrystslayer soul level 71 need help with the four kings add me to ur friends list please any one help me

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by harryslayer View Post
    psn id angrystslayer soul level 71 need help with the four kings add me to ur friends list please any one help me
    You gonna be on in about 2 hours? If so, we can help each other.

Cal
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

burst them down as fast as you can, the longer you take the more kings spawn making it harder untill its nigh impossible. Althuogh rarely when their together aoe dmg will wreck their shared hp bar (chaos flame for instance)
    Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married.

KCCO!

Well, I gave it my first go last night, and failed four times. I tried to wear only armour (e.g., no helmet, booets, etc.), specifically Havel's armour since it has high damage and high poise. I know I'm doing something wrong because sometimes when I swing my weapon, I completley miss, and this is with being locked on. :stare:

I tried various weapons and in the end, I think the one I may have to go with is the Lightning Spear. It probably still has the highest damage compared to my other weapons, although not by much, but it's a lot quicker and I can get more hits in. Fortunately, a mad dash to the boss fog only takes about a minute so it's cool.

Game on....

Equip Havel's armor and use the pyromancy spell 'iron flesh' up close. Then simply spam your strongest sorcery or weapon and take down the first king as quickly as possible. Remember to use 'Iron flesh' again once it wears off! Or alternatively get help from using white signs on the floor if you have restored your character to human.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Equip Havel's armor and use the pyromancy spell 'iron flesh' up close. Then simply spam your strongest sorcery or weapon and take down the first king as quickly as possible. Remember to use 'Iron flesh' again once it wears off! Or alternatively get help from using white signs on the floor if you have restored your character to human.
    Well, I'm certainly not in human form, and I don't think I have any humanity left. Also, the guy that sells Iron Flesh all of a sudden left Firelink Shrine. Then when I went to go to The Great Hollow/Ash Lake, some guy was walking around in the swamp like it was a sunny day in the park, and then he attacked me out of nowhere. He actually looked quite odd just walking around. Obviously, I had to lay the smack down.

It wasn't until later that I realized it was Laurentius (sp?). I'm not sure what triggered him to leave Firelink Shrine. So, now I have no way of getting Iron Flesh until NG+.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Well, I'm certainly not in human form, and I don't think I have any humanity left. Also, the guy that sells Iron Flesh all of a sudden left Firelink Shrine. Then when I went to go to The Great Hollow/Ash Lake, some guy was walking around in the swamp like it was a sunny day in the park, and then he attacked me out of nowhere. He actually looked quite odd just walking around. Obviously, I had to lay the smack down.

It wasn't until later that I realized it was Laurentius (sp?). I'm not sure what triggered him to leave Firelink Shrine. So, now I have no way of getting Iron Flesh until NG+.
    You think the four kings are tough now...wait until NG+

Basically the four kings are lethal at a distance, you must keep close to each of the four kings at all times. Use fire based weapons and pyromancy to take advantage of the fire weakness they have. Try and use pyromancy or sorcery if possible because it doesn't use stamina to cast. The heaviest amount of damage that can be inflicted from each king is if they grab you up close, hence why you should keep sidestepping around them. If you have a high intelligence stat and equip a decent catalyst, the 'crystal ring shield' is the way to go. Good luck

PRO Member

He leaves Firelink (I believe) when you buy pyro spells from Queelag or upgrade your flame from her. He gets pissed because he believes they corrupted pyromancy with spells like poison mist, etc.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    He leaves Firelink (I believe) when you buy pyro spells from Queelag or upgrade your flame from her. He gets pissed because he believes they corrupted pyromancy with spells like poison mist, etc.
    I was aware of that dynamic of the game. I think you have to upgrade your Pyromancy Flame to a Quelaana Pyromancy Flame and that triggers it, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't done that yet, so you may be right ... maybe it just takes purchasing something from her. The thing is, even after purchasing stuff from Quelaana, I never talked to him. I didn't even realize that he was gone until I went to purchase something from him and saw he wasn't there anymore.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    You think the four kings are tough now...wait until NG+

Basically the four kings are lethal at a distance, you must keep close to each of the four kings at all times. Use fire based weapons and pyromancy to take advantage of the fire weakness they have. Try and use pyromancy or sorcery if possible because it doesn't use stamina to cast. The heaviest amount of damage that can be inflicted from each king is if they grab you up close, hence why you should keep sidestepping around them. If you have a high intelligence stat and equip a decent catalyst, the 'crystal ring shield' is the way to go. Good luck
    I tried Pyromancy, casting some Great Chaos Fireball. I may have to mix it up with Pyromancy and the Lightning Spear. Unfortunately, I didn't forge the Crystal Ring Shield. Honestly, I made quite a few mistakes this playthrough. If I wasn't more than half-way done the playthrough, I'd start over.

PRO Member

I was aware of that dynamic of the game. I think you have to upgrade your Pyromancy Flame to a Quelaana Pyromancy Flame and that triggers it, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't done that yet, so you may be right ... maybe it just takes purchasing something from her. The thing is, even after purchasing stuff from Quelaana, I never talked to him. I didn't even realize that he was gone until I went to purchase something from him and saw he wasn't there anymore.
    That's what I love about Dark Souls... no one is really sure what exactly triggers anything... lol. I know at one point he asked about some spell i purchased, but I refused to tell him about it. He didn't leave. Not until I met and purchashed from Quellana, he took off. He scared the shit out of me when he started attacking me in the swamp because I thought I got invaded without notification. At least he was easy to put down.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Helpful hint: The Four king are MAJORLY vulnerable against fire.

KCCO!

He scared the shit out of me when he started attacking me in the swamp because I thought I got invaded without notification. At least he was easy to put down.
    That's how I felt. I was fighting off a couple of mosquitos and then a figure appears walking through the swamp, and I was like "WTF?!?" I tried to sneak past him, but he saw me out of the corner of his eye.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofboars View Post
    I'm wondering, then, if my Quelaag's Furysword would be better than my Lightning Spear. I may have to do trial and error and see.

PRO Member

Ya, I didn't have too much of a problem with them. I got them on my second try. Just cast iron flesh, and used up all of my pyro spells and used a fully upgrade fire weapon.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ya, I didn't have too much of a problem with them. I got them on my second try. Just cast iron flesh, and used up all of my pyro spells and used a fully upgrade fire weapon.
    I mostly used close up Pryomancies: Combustion, Fire whip, Great Combustion, and of course Iron Flesh.

KCCO!

I mostly used close up Pryomancies: Combustion, Fire whip, Great Combustion, and of course Iron Flesh.
    That may be part of my problem. I'm using 'ranged' pyromancies (e.g., fireball, great fireball, etc.). Perhaps I should stick with the close ones (e.g., Great Combustion, Combustion, etc.). I can also probably upgrade my Quelaag's sword too.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Couldn't hurt to equip Havel's entire set and the ring of steel defense. You don't have to worry about being over encumbered because tanking them seems to be the most reliable tactic. Using the grass crest shield and the green stamina regenerating herb (can't recall the name of it at the moment) helps a ton as well. It's all about dropping them ASAP so they can't gang-gank you.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Couldn't hurt to equip Havel's entire set and the ring of steel defense. You don't have to worry about being over encumbered because tanking them seems to be the most reliable tactic. Using the grass crest shield and the green stamina regenerating herb (can't recall the name of it at the moment) helps a ton as well. It's all about dropping them ASAP so they can't gang-gank you.
    Yeah, I thought about doing that too. I may wind up doing that in the end, just relying on taking damage and healing myself.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hitman, if you have leveled up your intelligence at all magic spells absolutely destroy them. Homing soul mass and crystal soul mass work miracles.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast