Levelling up Chaos Servant

This is a discussion on Levelling up Chaos Servant within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; In the Chaos Servant covenant you level up by offering Humanity to the Chaos Daughter, and by leveling up you ...

Bob 'n' Becca

Levelling up Chaos Servant

In the Chaos Servant covenant you level up by offering Humanity to the Chaos Daughter, and by leveling up you get access to a Pyromancy skill that is ultimately needed to earn a platinum trophy. My question is this: the Humanity you offer, does it have to be in solid form, or can it be in loose form? What I mean by this is does it have to be Humanity lying around in yer inventory (solid), or can it be Humanity that you've already converted (loose)? I ask this because I have a ton of loose Humanity (25+), but only nine or so solid Humanity items, so if I could use what I have on my meter, or maybe a combination of both, I'd be happy. Does anybody have any infor regarding this topic? If I can't use loose Humanity, I'll just farm rats, but I'd rather not have to waste hours doing that.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Can use a combination of both if you like, though it takes the humanity directly from what you have stored on your character.

So basically any you have used or gained will be taken as an offering, not what you have stored in your inventory.
    Last edited by Kupo; 11-08-2011 at 12:06 AM.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Both forms of humanity are the exact same, the only difference is the item kind you dont have to worry about losing. But when you offer humanity it comes out of what you have stored, so go ahead and use up that extra humanity! I wish i had that much extra

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    In the Chaos Servant covenant you level up by offering Humanity to the Chaos Daughter, and by leveling up you get access to a Pyromancy skill that is ultimately needed to earn a platinum trophy. My question is this: the Humanity you offer, does it have to be in solid form, or can it be in loose form? What I mean by this is does it have to be Humanity lying around in yer inventory (solid), or can it be Humanity that you've already converted (loose)? I ask this because I have a ton of loose Humanity (25+), but only nine or so solid Humanity items, so if I could use what I have on my meter, or maybe a combination of both, I'd be happy. Does anybody have any infor regarding this topic? If I can't use loose Humanity, I'll just farm rats, but I'd rather not have to waste hours doing that.
    The terminology is confusing to me, a bit.

I agree with the others. The Humanity is removed from your Humanity meter (what you've consumed and appears in your HUD), much like if you're offering Humanity to reverse hollowing or to kindle a flame. Even if it's in your inventory, you have to consume it before offering it up.

PRO Member

And don't offer it up until you have the full requirement ready. Just in case you accidentally leave the covenant, it resets the count. Wait until you have all 30 ready to off and do it at the same time.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

A good way I earned humanity is just killing rats in the sewers. I don't advise it, unless you got the lordvessel and the ability to teleport.

Game on....

To actually give the humanity you need to use and absorb each humanity and add it to the counter in the top left corner. Simply collect thirty humanity in item form then use thirty humanity by absorbing each humanity individually. Once the counter is at 30 humanity, simply offer each individual humanity to the chaos daughter thirty times. Each time you give a humanity, 1 should be knocked off the counter in the top left corner.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingofboars View Post
    A good way I earned humanity is just killing rats in the sewers. I don't advise it, unless you got the lordvessel and the ability to teleport.
    An even better way is the skeleton babies before the boss fight in Tomb of Giants

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    An even better way is the skeleton babies before the boss fight in Tomb of Giants
    They dropped humanity? Never stood around long enough to find out.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingofboars View Post
    They dropped humanity? Never stood around long enough to find out.
    Oh yes... tons of it. And a decent amount of souls. I just had the Covetous Ring equipped and farmed about 50 humanity in a little over an hour. You have to pick the humanity up right away, it disappears as the babies continually respawn.

KCCO!

Oh yes... tons of it. And a decent amount of souls. I just had the Covetous Ring equipped and farmed about 50 humanity in a little over an hour. You have to pick the humanity up right away, it disappears as the babies continually respawn.
    That's the one drawback ... the disappearing of the Humanity. It seems like it's a nice drop rate, though. Farming the rats, even with the Gold Covetous Serpent Ring, takes forever. king's right, though, in that it helps if you can warp out afterwards. Bad enough it's a bit of a trek to get to the farming spot(s) in the sewers. Then to have to make your way back out? It's not so much difficult as it is time-consuming.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    That's the one drawback ... the disappearing of the Humanity. It seems like it's a nice drop rate, though. Farming the rats, even with the Gold Covetous Serpent Ring, takes forever. king's right, though, in that it helps if you can warp out afterwards. Bad enough it's a bit of a trek to get to the farming spot(s) in the sewers. Then to have to make your way back out? It's not so much difficult as it is time-consuming.
    Another decent place is the prison in Dukes Archives. Those octopus head things in front of the cell where Big Hat was. I got about 2-3 humanity each run. It's just annoying to run up and down the stairs each time. And again, it is a trek to get there and you can't use the fireplace to warp out either.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Seconded. The skeleton babies are definitely the fastest way to farm humanity, all you have to do is get down there. Since they continuously respawn, you don't have to keep going back to a bonfire to reset them, which makes it really quick.

My method is using the Sanctus shield (so I don't have to heal) and Quelaag's Furysword (two-handed; sweeps low enough) with the heaviest armor I can still roll in, and Havel and Gold Serpent rings. Having 10 or more humanity helps, but isn't necessary. Once I get rid of all the Pinwheel Servants, I go back to the entrance of the room, where you first enter the water. I walk into the water, run a few circles, dodging the babies until about 7 or so pop up, then walk up the ramp a little. They all congregate in a group trying to come after me, and then you hit them all at once. That way you can grab the humanity before they respawn. Repeat until you fall asleep at the controller.

Bob 'n' Becca

Everyone has been so helpful. My questions have been answered, and then some. I'm currently in the Painted World, so as soon as I beat this level (and Anor Londo) I'm going to break my covenant with the Dragon King and rejoin the Chaos Servant. I know have a ton of Humanity, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!