Tips towards the Dark Souls Platinum

This is a discussion on Tips towards the Dark Souls Platinum within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; I thought it would be nice to start a thread with tips to help making this platinum a bit easier ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Tips towards the Dark Souls Platinum

I thought it would be nice to start a thread with tips to help making this platinum a bit easier for those who need it, or just general things to lookout for, Ill start!

-When fighting the Ayslum Demon be sure not to kill it at the exact same time it kills you! you can actually miss out on your slab this way!

-When fighting Ornstein and Smoug and know your going for the platinum I HIGHLY recommend doing hyper Ornstein first. While it may be a bit hard its definitly easier then having to do it in NG+ and just getting killed repeatedly for hours!

-When going for Siegmeier of Catarina's titanite slab be sure to find and talk to his daughter until shes said shes found him, and that when he jumps into the pit to "save you" make sure that he aleast hit 1 of them. I recommend using spells/ jumping down killing 3 and dying (they dont respawn) and then talking to him so he can easily get 1 hit off and not get swarmed and killed.

Hopefully you guys dont make these same mistakes I did and good luck on the platinum!
    Last edited by industry18; 11-13-2011 at 03:38 AM.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by industry18 View Post
    -When fighting Ornstein and Smoug and know your going for the platinum I HIGHLY recommend doing hyper Ornstein first. While it may be a bit hard its definitly easier then having to do it in NG+ and just getting killed repeatedly for hours!
    I'm just about to do this boss battle. What exactly do you mean by this^. Is there a certain weapon you need off one of these guys?

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    I'm just about to do this boss battle. What exactly do you mean by this^. Is there a certain weapon you need off one of these guys?
    When you are going for the all weapons trophy you need to make weapons from both ornstein's soul and smough's soul. You get the soul of whoever you kill last. So i would recommend killing ornstein last on your first playthrough, so you get his soul out of the way cause its definitly easier the other way around! Hyper ornstein can be a nightmare on NG+

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good thread:

Your tip on Ornstein also counts for the Four kings!
    To get to the Darkwraith covenant you have to defeat the Four Kings before you place the lordvessel at Firelink shrine.

Do this on your first run and just keep at it, it will pay you back in NG+
    Sig/Avatar by JackAttack

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That tip for 'Ornstein and Smough' and '4 Kings' also applies when cutting off Seath's Tail to get the Moonlight Greatsword. I had to do it on NG+, and could have finished him easily if I didn't have to do that...

Also get attunement slots and pyromacy spells, most bosses have fire weaknesses (Ornstein and Smough, 4 Kings, Seath, Gwyn, Sif...). I had all spells and 5 slots in NG+ and it was a freaking joke compared to NG.

Good luck to you all...