Snuggly the Crow Exploit

This is a discussion on Snuggly the Crow Exploit within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; This exploit should only be used by people who have already beaten the game and are veterans of it. As ...

Legendary...Nuff Said

Snuggly the Crow Exploit

This exploit should only be used by people who have already beaten the game and are veterans of it.

As many of you know, Snuggly the Crow is a crow that is similar to Sparkly from Demon's Souls, in which you can drop items into the crow's nest, quit and reload, and you'll have traded that item for a better one. Well an exploit has been discovered, and I've tested and confirmed it myself.

Normally, once you drop an item into Snuggly's nest, and trade for it, you won't be able to trade that same item again for the rest of your playthrough. However, if you follow a few specific steps, you can keep trading that item until you run out of it. For instance, if you have 35 purple moss clumps, you could technically trade for a total of 35 Twinkling Titanite.

Here are the steps that you should take in order to do this:

1) After completing the tutorial level, go back to the Asylum with the supplies you are going to drop. Try to bring an abundance of them so you can benefit from this as much as possible.

2) Go to Snuggly's nest and drop one of your items in it.

3) Quit and reload.

4) BEFORE picking up the new item that you traded for, drop ANOTHER of that same item in the nest. Then proceed to pick up your new item.

5) Quit and reload.

6) The item that you traded for will be there again.

7) Rinse and repeat until you run out of the item for trading.

This works as of patch 1.03.

Again, ONLY use this if you have already completed the game and need to.

Praise the sun!

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Harvester of Souls

I wouldn't suggest anyone using this to begin with . defintely makes a few items that require bit of work completely easy IF you can get 2 of the items needed to trade with.

Still it's a nice exploit and glitch suppose for those wanting to cheat in the game . Nice work Jackyboy finding this >:F chuckwagon!!!

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    This exploit should only be used by people who have already beaten the game and are veterans of it.

As many of you know, Snuggly the Crow is a crow that is similar to Sparkly from Demon's Souls, in which you can drop items into the crow's nest, quit and reload, and you'll have traded that item for a better one. Well an exploit has been discovered, and I've tested and confirmed it myself.

Normally, once you drop an item into Snuggly's nest, and trade for it, you won't be able to trade that same item again for the rest of your playthrough. However, if you follow a few specific steps, you can keep trading that item until you run out of it. For instance, if you have 35 purple moss clumps, you could technically trade for a total of 35 Twinkling Titanite.

Here are the steps that you should take in order to do this:

1) After completing the tutorial level, go back to the Asylum with the supplies you are going to drop. Try to bring an abundance of them so you can benefit from this as much as possible.

2) Go to Snuggly's nest and drop one of your items in it.

3) Quit and reload.

4) BEFORE picking up the new item that you traded for, drop ANOTHER of that same item in the nest. Then proceed to pick up your new item.

5) Quit and reload.

6) The item that you traded for will be there again.

7) Rinse and repeat until you run out of the item for trading.

This works as of patch 1.03.

Again, ONLY use this if you have already completed the game and need to.

Praise the sun!
    I've completed the game, so I guess I can do this.

Seriously, though, I saw this glitch a couple of weeks back, at least, but never bothered with it, nor was I going to post it cause n00bs will certainly take advantage.

Game on....

Would of been handy getting some of those hard items but hey, i got the platinum for this game quite a while ago without using any glitches or exploits.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've completed the game 4 times now, and only used this for trading Twinkling Titanite and Demon Titanite. Trading those 2 over and over is not cheating, it's just avoiding busywork and time consuming bulls***. Farming Demon Titanite is cool, but Twinkling Titanite...just forget that xD

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by The_Atmultima View Post
    I've completed the game 4 times now, and only used this for trading Twinkling Titanite and Demon Titanite. Trading those 2 over and over is not cheating, it's just avoiding busywork and time consuming bulls***. Farming Demon Titanite is cool, but Twinkling Titanite...just forget that xD
    Seriously. Besides, in the upcoming patch Twinkling Titanite will be a vendor item, so think of it like an early release ;-)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Savior000 View Post
    Seriously. Besides, in the upcoming patch Twinkling Titanite will be a vendor item, so think of it like an early release ;-)
    That is if the patch comes outside Japan. With all this crap about Bamco and Microsoft, i wouldn't be surprised if the patch didn't come...

Legendary...Nuff Said

This no longer works as of patch 1.05. Heh, at least From is cleaning up SOME of these glitches, right?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Welp, looks like Im going to be playing this offline until I get all the titanite I need for the weapon trophies.

PRO Member

I was about to start my 2nd playthough in the next week or so. Damn this doesn't work anymore!!! I'll probably play offline before downloading the new patch to get what I need.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Welp, looks like Im going to be playing this offline until I get all the titanite I need for the weapon trophies.
    You won't be using this exploit in order to get the weapon trophies, as the items needed to trade to get weapon trophies are very rare (some only come once per game). Really, the only things you could get that are of use from using this exploit are Twinkling Titanite and Demon Titanite. However, patch 1.05 allows you to buy Twinkling, so the exploit is by and large pretty useless now anyway.

PRO Member

i dont know if any one will find this useful but after i got the 1.05 patch and continue playing on NG+
    i drop a few item at snuggle and quit game and reloaded, and when i didnt he didnt leave me nothing!! idk, kinda tick, but idk what to make of this...

Platinum Procrastinator

The trick doesn't work anymore with patch 1.05. However, you still should get one item when you trade with Snuggly. If you're getting nothing at all, then something is wrong.

I had a problem earlier today when I dropped some items in his nest, the one at the Undead Asylum where he drops you off. I later found out that is not the right spot. You have to walk down a little ways and there is another smaller nest on your left and Snuggly will ask for you to trade him something shiny I believe.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Jace227 View Post
    i dont know if any one will find this useful but after i got the 1.05 patch and continue playing on NG+
    i drop a few item at snuggle and quit game and reloaded, and when i didnt he didnt leave me nothing!! idk, kinda tick, but idk what to make of this...
    I think you dropped multiple items at the same time into his nest. You can only drop one item into his nest at a time to trade, and there's frankly no point in trying the exploit above if you have 1.05, as it won't work. Just drop one of the item you wish to trade, receive the new one, and GTFO out its nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    The trick doesn't work anymore with patch 1.05. However, you still should get one item when you trade with Snuggly. If you're getting nothing at all, then something is wrong.

I had a problem earlier today when I dropped some items in his nest, the one at the Undead Asylum where he drops you off. I later found out that is not the right spot. You have to walk down a little ways and there is another smaller nest on your left and Snuggly will ask for you to trade him something shiny I believe.
    Yes, it seems you thought the crow that takes you to and from Firelink if Snuggly. Glad to see that you did find Snuggly, although he asks you for something warm and fuzzy (hence the "Snuggly"). But Sparkly from Demon's Souls asks you for something shiny! Either way it seems like both crows are pretty loopy. "Give me.... Warm... Give me.... Snuggly!". I think they're mad at me because I'm not responding to their sexual advances.