Need Divine Weapons

This is a discussion on Need Divine Weapons within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Hey im really stuck in a deep hole and if anyone knows where I can get a divine weapon that ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Need Divine Weapons

Hey im really stuck in a deep hole and if anyone knows where I can get a divine weapon that is relatively close to the start of the game or within the first few areas it would be greatly appreciated

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Slava View Post
    Hey im really stuck in a deep hole and if anyone knows where I can get a divine weapon that is relatively close to the start of the game or within the first few areas it would be greatly appreciated
    Your best bet is to go to Darkroot Garden and beat the Moonlight Butterfly boss. past the area where you fight it, there is a tower with the Divine Ember at the top. Give it to Andre the Blacksmith. After that, you'll be able to turn any +5 weapon into a divine weapon, up to divine +5. I strongly recommend upgrading a mace or morning star since they're amazing against skeletons.

Alternatively, if you have the Master Key (or have done Blighttown) there is Astora's Straight Sword in the back of the Valley of Drakes. It's divine, but takes 14 Faith to use.
    (Also, there's the Occult Club in Anor Londo, which you could scale down to Divine +10, but that's pretty far into the game)

Personally, I find the divine weapons pretty useless. They're great for the catacombs during your first run, but once you kill the Undead Mages, the skeletons stop coming back to life. Also useable for the boss in the Tomb of Giants, but not really. For your first playthrough, fire and lightning weapons will be much more useful since their damage is very high relative to the bonuses you'll get from stats.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks a lot bro I really appreciate it