Patch 1.05

This is a discussion on Patch 1.05 within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Just wondering how you all feel about the changes. I'm really enjoying it because summoning and invading is way easier....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Patch 1.05

Just wondering how you all feel about the changes. I'm really enjoying it because summoning and invading is way easier.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Summoning and invading has not been changed, as how easy it is to be summoned/invade is reliant on the multiple servers. It appears that you just fell onto a good server and you're in a good SL range.

Thus far, none of the changes seem to apparent, other than the merchants selling more useful items, such as the Giant Blacksmith selling Twinkling and Green Titanite. It's nice to see a few glitches fixed up as well. As far as online goes, I haven't done any PvP since the patch, only some PvE. However, it seems that at my SL in NG+, invasions and summons are few and far between.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Harvester of Souls

So the patch finally released and is official now? What did it bring.. everything that it was before or was more stuff altered and changed? Be nice to know for when I finally update my game and all... or if just going to leave it as be with more difficulty

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    So the patch finally released and is official now? What did it bring.. everything that it was before or was more stuff altered and changed? Be nice to know for when I finally update my game and all... or if just going to leave it as be with more difficulty
    Basically, it brings what 1.04 brought to the JAP version, minus the fact that the multiplayer is playable in 1.05 (there was a bug in 1.04 that wouldn't allow you to see anyone's summon signs). You can now buy Twinkling Titanite, the Master Key, and other new goodies from merchants. More merchants now sell arrows/bolts and other miscellaneous things as well. Quite a few bugs have been fixed too. A few things have been nerfed, many of them for PvP purposes. Ring of Fog players can now be locked on to, and the Tranquil Walk of Peace now only increases your equip load by 50% (used to be 100%) and it lasts about 10 seconds shorter than before. For some reason the Gold-Hemmed armor was seriously nerfed as well, making it pretty shitty armor now (still can't be upgraded). Bosses now drop Humanity and Homeward Bones, and the Darkwraiths now drop the Dark Hand (rare). Ghosts and skellies give souls upon death, and the pyromancers in the Catacombs now drop the Skull Lantern (rare).

Those are the main things, but other things such as stat scaling has been changed for some weapons, etc.

Harvester of Souls

Intereesting... Yeah.. I'm glad I can't get the patch . Least my game will be the original difficulty of the game . Wonder why they are nerfing those things and making easier . Understand fixing bugs and glitches and the MP aspect of the game, but some things still should of been left be. Not make everything easy to do. Actually if I could get it, I'd not complain a bit, but yeah .

Harvester of Souls

Thanks btw Jacky. I knew all stuff from the original Jap patch was in there.. but curious of other things. And major bugs they get fixed? Anything with your issue on Four Kings OR being hit through walls and the item duping glitches ppl are using?

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Thanks btw Jacky. I knew all stuff from the original Jap patch was in there.. but curious of other things. And major bugs they get fixed? Anything with your issue on Four Kings OR being hit through walls and the item duping glitches ppl are using?
    Well I personally didn't run into many bugs to begin with, other than the game freezing a few times, being hit through walls, yeah. I haven't run into anything yet with 1.05, but I've only spent about 7 hours or so with it.